bill burkett heater

To do that, you need to weatherize your home and lower your thermostat(s) so your heating system has to work less. Most heat guns even have a little twist flap on the back which does this to the heat gun so you can adjust the heat output it has nothing but coving up the airflow to adjust temp. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on November 02, 2011: Bob, my main concern is saving ME money. Lowering your home's thermostat(s) and using your main heating system less in tandem with a space heatercalled zone heatingwill cut your utility bill. Answer: You will need to review your homeowner's policy to see if this heater is covered. Since electric space heaters convert almost all the electricity into heat, they are all equally efficient. Earlier this month, Bill Burkett, a retired lieutenant colonel in the Texas National Guard and the man who provided CBS producers with the controversial documents at the heart of the "60. All they will pay is the premiums paid in. Was informed that my order was not in the system as of yet, was instructed to call back after 24 hrs. zp. Dont let anyone tell you the heat from their heaters is better or different. Unh uh !! I live in the South, and that is high for me (keep in mind I have not experienced this because I have not used it 24 hours a day). Question: What is the best portable heater? I own a 500 and a 1000,I have breathing problems,used kerosene heaters and about died,plus it cost me $90 or more to warm and leave my house and clothes reeking of kerosene oil!I used the 500 watt in fairly cold weather. Of course, they are not as pretty, and being a woman I do want my house pretty, but again if I can save that much money by not using the air until it hits 80 in the house (and BTW the a/c does not stay on long with the fans on). Whether you like the article or not - the simple fact is any cost savings you are seeing by using an Eden Pure heater is due to the use of "zone heating" I.e. My only issue is that the second year it started turning off all the time for no reason and now it's just sitting in my spare room doing nothing. When the sunlight is in the right direction, I can see the dust particles floating by the intake. I use the original carton for storing my heater in the off months. Let me easily explain. etc,. The problem lays, as always, in Sales and Marketing (or Greed and Misleading), that makes EdenPure a hype from the cost vs.value point of view. A company of integrity that believes all the implications of their own commercial to be true would have no problem warranteeing for one year and paying return costs for the "so few that would come back. Whether it saves more money than all the others is not the issue. CLAIM: [Other heaters with] cheap ceramic plates reduce humidity. I cannot tell you if the heater is worth it or not, because they will not answer the phone once you place an order. I guess not. 29/12/2020 . I live on a mountain in Colorado. For under $100, you can buy a better-looking, better-built heater that will serve your needs for years to come. Crawfordville, FL (1) Daytona Beach (FL) (4) Fort Myers-Cape Coral (FL) (6) Fort Pierce-Port St. Lucie (FL) (1) The newer model 1000XL is still$59.00. Same reasons. Thank you so much! Most space heaters like EdenPure use electricity to produce heat. They make for a much more comfortable room than ceiling fans. Especially true if the ductwork is uninsulated or leaks air. I have three EdenPure heaters that work wonderfully! bill burkett heater net worth. EdenPURE claims stretch the truth. You still need them. It can be on all of the time or set it to the temp you want to keep it at. Its wheels make relocation a snap." There are millions of happy customers who are telling their friends. Therefore, a 10' x 10' room with a 10' foot ceiling is 100 square feet, but 1000 cubic feet. It does nor really matter what type of heat source is used: gas, electric, oil, wood, solar, wind etc. Bill Burkett was the CBS source in the Killian documents affair of 2004. The number one reason not to buy a Bio Tech Research Eden Pure is people just like you and me on this site have given specific factual examples being abused after the sale by things which should have been disclosed before the sale. I am glad i took the time to read it and all the interesting and informative comments. The space heater is thermally more efficient than a comparable space heater wherein the copper or aluminum has not been pretreated. Again, the EdenPure AND ANY HEATER using 1500 watts is going to cost too much to use as your only heat. the other heater 1 year old the heater tube burned out' I saved $200.00 in heating bills , but spent 300.00 more on electricity. Cubic Feet/Minute is the best measure. Now, that may seem cold to some of you, but no other heater identical to this one is going to do any better and if they are not this safe, you would have to have your central heat on. If you were to carefully cover up where air is coming into the hair dryer and feel the front it would get much hotter maybe still not as hot as the heat gun because it has built in overload protection and it will shut off by the time it gets that hot otherwise it might hurt some people. Directions to Burkett Heating & Cooling Authorized Dealer & Servicer We are authorized to install, repair, and maintain heating & cooling systems manufactured by some of the most renowned companies in the world. Again, it was ZONE heating and with a heat pump, like that was going to save me money. This is the second blog I have complained on. . For the same heat output, electrical heaters are way more expensive than heating with a fuel like natural gas. So, for those looking for a way to reduce your bills, why don't you have your attic better insulated, replace your windows (if needed), and have a new heating unit or units installed, finance it all, and pay the extra on the payments instead of on the extra electricity you are using now. Needless to say, i WILL NOT be buying any expensive heating units with misleading claims of their efficiency and lower monthly savings. Enjoyed reading all the above comments, all valid points, but with all the back and forth opinions, I feel like I've been watching a tennis match. Those watts exactly represent the energy you will get. June 10, 2022 bardowie loch parking. ****. In repairing my ductwor, I found one unattached duct that was heating my attic! I sent it back to get another heater, and GUESS WHAT IT DOESN'T WORK EITHER. Still use the Edin pure in our basement vs, electric baseboard and it works fine. After a few weeks it was obvious that this heater is no more efficient than one I can buy mail-order or at Costco for $ 30.00-60,00, so I sent it back at my expense. All of your honest comments and reviews have just saved me from making a huge and costly mistake. It was almost exactly a year ago when I first saw the EdenPure heater advertised and I warned readers to take caution when believing some of the claims. Out performs? Not much more than the eden pure heater can generate in the same hour. I am so glad I stumbled on this site first. 5.7 1 h 32 min 2015 X-Ray PG. Energy savings will be the same either way. they will endorse anything for a price . A btu IS a btu, weather you use oil, wood, propane, electricity, gasoline, kerosene, camel dung, or a candle to make the heat. I called the company so I could exchane it but I have to pay shipping. Issues of safety, durability, and return on investment must be considered before purchasing one of the most expensive portable infrared heaters on the market. When Eric "Hoovey" Elliott, a promising basketball player, collapses on the court, doctors find a life threatening tumour in his brain. dont buy this heater,if you live in California. They promote using zone heating to save money. Talk about a rip off. It claims 1000 s f for the gen 4 and it will do that just as well as most heaters. Have sent emails to their c/s area but they never respond. LMAO, i will say for one i have a ranch style home and its 1800 sq ft and i dont use ne thing but an eden pure except sometimes an additional space heater in my bedroom wich is nearly half my house and i tel ya it does stay war,m i have put plastic and stuff up but in reality i was payin 300 plus a month and now its always under 250 so somthin workn cause i write my monthly bills on a calendar to compare and believe me th thermostat stays off and so do eden pure at nite soo i duno if u got a 3 story mansion i wouldnt worry if ur one level get one is my advice. However, the radiant barrier can't be sandwiched between two objects as the contact point transfers heat away quite nicely. Caveat emptor. There was an ad/coupon in the Sunday paper and then I caught the informercial on tv and felt I had found a good thing. Several EdenPURE heaters have been tested and compared against Lasko electric heaters. PUT A THRMOSTAT IN EACH LARGE ROOM IN YOUR HOUSE THEN INSTALL A SWITCHER TO CONTROL EACH THERMOSTAT IT CUT MY BILL IN HALF. cold in massachusetts on January 12, 2011: where can you run a 1500 watt heater all night for $0.23? The group was formed in 1958 at the old Turtle Creek High School, calling. if you live in california, with the EDEN pURE ,PGAETOLD ME THAT IT CAN COST YOU AS HIGH AS 50 CENTS AN HOUR TO RUN IT.my bill is usually 200 in the wintertime,for one month my electricity bill shot up to$360 and i had a saving of $28,gas. Nice flat spot for debris. If the ceiling were 12', then the amount of air, 1200 cubic feet, would need heating. It was fantastic and a threw a lot more heat than the electric oil radiator type. Received a reconditioned unit a week ago. A portable electric heater can keep small rooms warmer without heating the remainder of the home to a higher temperature. If you are going to call names and state things are scams, what do you think about these celebrities, who we would normally feel are honest, endorsing the senior life insurances they state is ONLY 9.00 per UNIT. 1) If a person commenting on this site is in the HVAC business they are automatically biased against EdenPURE because it competes with their services. How can heated ceramic plates absorb water? Frame homes use a radiant barrier as a film on the foam insulation on the outside of the home. Question: What is a radiant barrier? Certainly the bedrooms are cooler, but remember it is a zone heater not meant to warm the entire area of 1250 sq ft, although the bedrooms are not cold. Design in an electric heater is everything. I'm paying $0.17 per KWH, or $2.04 for an 8 hour run per day. They are usually a rip-off. This scam reminds me of Obama: you can pretty much lie and say anything you want for a long time and get away with it ! William Burkett, William Lee Burkett, William L Burkett and William B Burkett are some of the alias or nicknames that Bill has used. Suarez Manufacturing Industries / Pinnacle Systems, did no component life testing at all during the Edenpure US-1000 / Gen4 product development. If you want to prove it to yourself then put a thermometer in two of the same size rooms that start out at the same temp and are the same size turn then both on the highest setting at the same time and watch the temp increase I can promise the hair dryer will win. I know others you spoke with like theirs, but it would be helpful to all readers to hear your experience. He claimed that in 1997, while outside the governor's office in Austin, he overheard a conversation about "wanting to bury George W. Bush's Vietnam service record". do EVERYTHING that these $400 dollar SNAKE OIL heaters do!! That scenario assumes that you have to heat only a single room to heat at a time or that you own multiple EdenPure space heaters; that once you're in a room you stay put and don't move around the house; and that you're willing to keep the rest of your home at a chilly 50F. A friend of mine purchased 2 after experiencing my heater. I remodeled a mobile home and replaced the insulation and added drywall. If you have 5000 BTU, you can comfortably heat a space around 100-200 sq.ft with outside temperature of 20-30 F and typical insulation. So does anything else that uses 1500W of electricity, such as a $15 bathroom heater or a 1500W blow hair dryer. Bobby Burkett ( Logan Huffman) is a promising quarterback for a struggling high-school football team. U CANT HEAT HOT WATER DUH! Call your agent or insurance company if you have any questions. I'm sure it puts out heat. perputhen live stream / joshua andrews obituary. I was just about to order an edenpure heater. And Sylvania's bulb life testing, like all other lamp manufacturers, is performed in still air with infrequent on/off cycles (once a day to once a week). I live in a double wall 2500 sq ft log home (outside logs, insulation, inside logs). It just says if you use an Eden Pure heater to do "zone heating"I you will save money. I'm very disapointed and feel very stupid that I did not google this until now. What a bunch of scam artists. I guess after all those years pushing Sears tools, Villa decided to push yet another scam. Is the $300 Edenpure any better than a regular $20 electric space heater for any purpose? I don't know about most of you, but in the coldest 3 months of the year here, my bill runs over $500. I was dumb enough to fall for this scam. It doesn't mater what's inside the box. Had I done that, I believe, without using a calculator, that cost would be $180.00 a month for just the heat on one floor of my home. Extraordinary claims require extraordinary proof. F0r reference, 1000 hours is about 42 days of continuous run time. I just needed to confirm that there hadn't been a major scientific breakthrough that makes free energy. I bought Edenpure heater in December 2010 and my january heating bill doubled, and what they sent to me is not what I ordered from them. is way overpriced for what it does. Why oil-filled? There not trying to rip you off or scam you. So all the rest is just hype , Shame on Bob Vella. 1500w in one heater is not the same as 1500w in another using different tech to generate heat. HOWEVERand this is where I have to now state after research of many heaters, this Gen4 costs .25 an hour to heat. There has got to be heat loss, because travels a long distance from the furnace ouside to the farthest point. Mr.Vila and Eden Pure do you really think it is fair game on humanity to peddle your wares on them? Have i used them. Of course, I was always skeptical, since their full page ads with lots and lots of "information" never mentions the heat output of the unit nor how much electricity it consumes. I called them again and realizing that these things must be nothing but junk I told them that I just wanted a refund. It seems the less expensive ones will not last as long (20,000hrs vs 80,000hrs, for the more expensive. Its safer than most to. I was told that they were still processing my order and that it would have been sent out this week (SURE). Placed an order for the Eden Pure Gen 4 after watching an TV commercial. I will not call this a scam. In the end, remember that electric space heaters in and of themselves can't save you energy and lower your utility bills over the winter. This article will examine the claims made by EdenPUREs manufacturer and expose their lies. I just looked them up, and they are 42.99 plus 9.95 shipping. Those heated water molecules will warm the human body faster than air molecules. AND I MEAN THAT SINCERELY. It's CFM rate is horrible vs. a fan forced electric heater. But remember Edenpure didn't directly claim they would save you money, that was just the testimonials that they scattered throughout the infomercial which claimed savings. Now she is crying the blues because she could have applied the outrageous price of the heaters and their exhorbitant use of electricity, to her regular heat bill. BTW, I did see a DuraFlame (the maker of the duraflame logs) had a heater with a description that was practically identical to the EdenPure and it was only approximately $225. For the guy who said to close off the rooms and the vents in those rooms, don't you know that can damage your central unit. The film, directed and produced by Canton, Ohio native Doug Dearth and starring Logan Huffman, is the classic David-and-Goliath story centered around a small-town football team. While at home he is not acting as an agent of the business so his actions were not in conflict with his duty of loyalty or notification. And the glaring discrepancy between SCI's unsubstantiated bulb life claims and what consumers are reporting about the actual bulb life with the Edenpure products shows that SCI's claims have no basis in fact. If a portable electric heater serves your needs, a low-cost model will kick out the same heat as an expensive model. But using ANY space heater will lower your heating bill if you turn your thermostat down! up. Shame--big time--on Bob Vila, since he HAS to know better. With D.B. Now, here we have a 1500 watt that will be plugged into the same 120 outlet as the Eden Pure, yet the Eden Pure will with its 1500 watts heat up to 1000 sq ft, and this one heats 150?? This can be an effective do-it-yourself project, just be careful doing so, or get someone experienced to help you. i bought an eden pure heater for both myself and my elderly father and neither one will turn on after the first few times we used them with the screen flashing "not level" even though i used a level to verify they were sitting level .unfortunately this issue was not discovered until the start of the second year of use. Ive been heating the entire house with 3 Edenpure heaters (only turn on one downstairs when Im there). He was telling the UPS lady that he could never contact anyone at the company and what a piece of overpriced junk it was. Menu. (Every degree you lower the thermostat(s) can save you about 2 percent on your heating bill.) FACT: Nonsense. Many have been running now for well over 5 years and run almost constantly all winter long. Suarez Corporation Industries is advertising a 20,000 hour bulb life and a 10-15 year "service" life (website, printed literature and printed on carton) for both their Edenpure US-1000 and Gen4 heaters. bill burkett heaters. How can 1500 watts out perform 1500 watts? 5 Million Mini Biography. You should use your own judgement and take some care to buy the right product for you. A btu is a btu is a btu. No repairs either. I spent aA LOT of time researching!! Look at your furnace's btu rating. 1500 watts of electric heat will cost you the same in a $20.00 heater, or a ripoff $400.00 one. I realized that this was the start of giving me the run around. They are perfect for sleeping. These systems the japanese use do not use ducts!!! Last night it was 24 degrees outside, and inside my living area may have been 60 in the middle of the night, but with daylight, the temp in my living area was 64. heater was done on his own time in his own garage with his own tools and therefore would be outside of his scope of employment. But if you're going to buy a space heater, you don't have to shell out $400 or more for the EdenPure Gen 3 Model 1000. I to have an Edenpure system that I purchased for my basement. He claimed that in 1997, while outside the governor's office in Austin, he overheard a conversation about As well as my cats! turning you main source of heat down for the whole house and just warming up the areas you are in with the Eden Pure heater. Program your thermostat and lower the temperature inside your home so it is closer to the temperature outside. I feel perfectly safe with the EdenPure and I probably would with the DuraFlame. And it is VERY safe. dont buy one these heaters mine was wsed for fore mounths and now it quit wrote them they said the tubes are 36.00 plus 6.95 shipping. It is great for days like today when the chill was just too much in the house, but it is not something you want to use consistently during the day and night. It didn't work so i sent it back to BIO RESEARCH in ohio. I called the customer service number 1-888-294-0280 and never spoke to anyone after being on hold for hours and I even left my home number and they never returned my call after being assured they would call. You are dead wrong pilgrim. No its all on the website and in the advert's you've just got to read and understand. Coo-coo ka-choo, Mrs. Robinson, Mr.Jones has left and gone away, hey, hey, hey." Bill Burkett lives in Boerne, TX; previous cities include Helotes TX and San Antonio TX. The reason why you can save on your utility bill is because you only heat a limited area of your home instead of heating areas not in use. Many times, the ductwork system in these homes are the coiled ductwork types that gets holes poked in it, or is otherwise leaky ductwork. They make you confused with names, like US 1000, GEN 4 1000, GEN 3 1000. Igrosfera.org / / bill burkett heaters. I guess two guys with a beard is supposed to lend your overpriced heater more credibility. It's not that I think the EdenPURE doesn't work. So I am not really surprised. Its only ment to heat up a small area with a person in it. EdenPURE Classic CopperPLUS Heater $272.00 $399.00 Best Sellers EdenPURE 3000 Whole House Air Purifier by AirFree $299.00 $374.00 EdenPURE GEN50 Infrared Heater $297.00 $399.00 EdenPURE GEN40 Heater $247.00 $447.00 EdenPURE Bio SpeedCLEAN Cordless Vac - Model XL200 $249.00 $299.00 EdenPURE GEN21 EdenPURE All Season Heater $279.00 $447.00 Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on October 31, 2011: John, it should remind you of every politician. After reading all the negative reviews posted about the Eden Pure,I called back to cancel my order. Put an infrared heater in your bedroom. Once these last bulbs burn out, I will no longer use this over priced heater. Manufacturers of electric space heaters want you to believe that using one of their devices will lower your heating bill. Unplugged edenpure. cj. Which means you get 100% of what it cost you. While almost 100% of the electricity is transformed to heat, it is one of the most expensive ways to produce heat. I am sold on the Eden Pure, but I will have to say I did see one just before seeing this page that is described much in the same way as the Eden Pure Gen4 but is marked down to $219. I don't think this is a good business now I have a machine that doesn't work. 2) a btu, Also, for anyone who's interested, the fans in the small forced air heaters typically fail after about two years. My personal choice - an oil-filled radiator, with the price tag of around $40 to $60. I finally find the place and they said i only had 30 days warranty not 60 days. 107 people named Bill Burkett found in Tampa-St. Petersburg-Clearwater, Jacksonville and 17 other cities. PERIOD. They definitely do state 1000 SQ.FT., not cubic feet.I really don't need you to explain to me the difference in cubic feet and square feet. Bill Burkett Wiki: Salary, Married, Wedding, Spouse, Family Bill Burkett was the CBS source in the Killian documents affair of 2004. . After reading all the comments, there is no way that I will save any money with this EdenPure Heater and will not order this. But this time, not only do they have Bob Vila promoting the device, they've added Al from Home Improvement! Less expensive models one have tubes. Poor Rita still doesn't get that cubic feet is the area that you have to heat, in a room. We have the 1000, and the 1000XL, the are the first ones. Yes but they are ugly units and they both worked. If a portable electric heater serves your needs, a low-cost model will kick out the same heat as an expensive model. Everybody is forsale for a price Even BOB VILLA. HubPages is a registered trademark of The Arena Platform, Inc. Other product and company names shown may be trademarks of their respective owners. Regular price. Underdogs: Directed by Doug Dearth. Frankly, I think enough has been said about the EdenPure. Ok Bob Yila lets stand behind your product and give me my money back now Do a cost comparison yourself. The EdenPURE portable electric heater is a scam by my count. If I spend less, good. The EdenPure heater uses 1500 Watts. I bought the Gen4, have it in the living room in the center of the 1250 sq feet, and I have not turned on my heater. The content of this field is kept private and will not be shown publicly. I have used these and recommended (I'm an electrician/contractor) the inexpensive ones to people who have cold spots in their larger rooms (rec rooms, basement, master bedroom) with good results, but if you think a 1500 watt 5000 BTU electric heater will keep any 1000 either square foot or cubic foot space a comfortable 70 degrees, you're dreaming, especially if the temp is below 40 degrees. I just received the flyer in my mail box regarding the Eden Pure Heater and am glad that I researched this on your website. The first heater I got didn't run long before one of the elements went out. VERY EXPENSIVE, but interestly enough my sisters was higher and she has a smaller home and a heat pump. You save $ using a portable heater because you can heat just the space you're in at the time. This means it produces 5118 BTU of heat. Thank you for the validation. I purchaser 2 EP 2 years ago and they work fine in my 1900sq foot home.I bought them to stop those money grubbing gas companys.I read all you're complaints,and no one had the common sense to understand some people may just want to get the oil money suckers out of their lives. What a total scam and very disappointed with Bob Vila!! There just selling an alternative that has good and bad points like everything else on the market. Some are made in China using cheap bulbs and some are made in the usa. In addition to that, the new windows, more insulation, more efficient unit(s) will reduce your electricity. Square feet is the area of floor space, cubic feet is the amount of air in a room. xc. of insurance. bl. list of inmates being released due to coronavirus 2022. In other words a fan force heater will heat a space faster and then turn off faster while a pure convection heater will take much longer. Would i buy this. Furthermore, after you buy the first one they give substantial discounts on future purchases of any of their products. It costs me about $2.00 per day to heat my house with Eden Pure. Keith Schroeder (author) from Wisconsin on January 20, 2012: Ritamarie, thank you for the lengthy comment. *** So the smaller heater will produce heat but others that I have tried burn the air. I am preparing to do that now. Conclusion: Bill Burkett acted within his rights and duties as an employee of John Handon. I've been in the HVAC field for 40 years. Thanks. THIS is the reason the heating companies have zone heating. EdenPure suggests that "you can turn the heat down in your house as low as 50F, yet the room you are in will be warm and comfortable. Unfortunately the answer is "No, the efficiency is identical.". Common sense. I often think these celebrities who endorse products do not really check completely into them. In looking into getting an fared heater, I did a lot of research. The best way to save money (in the long run), is to not only comply with your electricity company replacing things in your home that will give you a lower rate per kwh. Doubled Electric bill, no effect on gas consuption. Complain all you want the heater works well. I took a look at these today in a True Value store. It does heat evenly. 2) People keep saying a BTU is a BTU and you can't get more energy out of electricity than is put in.

How To Convert Babylonian Numerals To Hindu Arabic, Articles B