chris watts text messages transcript

Investigators noted Watts has photos of Shanann and their daughters in his cell which he claims to talk to every morning and evening, along with reading a book to his daughters. In an affidavit unsealed on August 20, his egregious defence was revealed. He told police Bellas last words were Daddy, no! Watts then said he put her body inside another oil tank and buried Shananns body nearby. Report: Security video shows Watts loading bags into pickup, Family Man, Family Murderer: An ID Murder Mystery., Prince Harry apology 'demands' from King Charles, Prince William before coronation are 'delusional': experts, Brendan Fraser recalls near-death experience filming 'The Mummy' scene: 'I was choked out', Morgan Evans' dad recalls 'everything' being 'destroyed' in singer's life after Kelsea Ballerini divorce, Pierce Brosnan looks unrecognizable on movie set in Ireland, Shakira says there's a 'place in hell' for women who don't support women after ex goes official with new gf, Kate Middleton wins royal spin during Wales visit with Prince William. Nichol, 30, said she was mystified when she saw on the news that the man she was dating was very much still married, and his wife was 15 weeks pregnant. During the majority of that time, Shanann was in North Carolina with the girls visiting family. During the killer's arraignment the next day, Shanann's father Frank Rzucek wept in court. In the second part of Chris Watts confession interview with the FBI, he begins to talk about the relationship with his mistress Nichol Nikki Kessinger, and waking up his wife Shanann to talk before her murder. "Those are the questions that will always haunt anyone who was involved in the investigation. ga('ads.send', { eventAction: 'click_adunit' "One thing led to another and eight years later we have two kids, we live in Colorado and he's the best thing that has ever happened to me," she said. She called and texted him repeatedly, but he changed his story about the divorce, showed little emotion about his family's disappearance, and tried to change the subject. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. When I met Chris I pushed him away, I gave every excuse for him to run, I gave him an out every single day But he stuck around because he was the one for me, I can't tell you how wonderful he is. }); Chris Pleasance explains how Putin's . }); She loved her family and friends, existing in a totally different world to her twisted husband. The Associated Press contributed to this report. We can only wonder what the 33-year-old was thinking. She told that friend he shut her out in a way that he never has before. She noticed her husband's "suspicious behaviour" and credit card notifications for restaurant bills while she was away for work, prosecutor Michael Rourke said after the sentencing this week. Copyright 2023 Scripps Media, Inc. All rights reserved. It felt like, you know, looking back at everything and reading The Scripture more and more now I can see like, ya know, God told me, like gave me opportunities to get out. Chris: Yeah it was just like I dont remember what it was about, I think some girl maybe texted me from my past or something and I was just like and she said, you know, Dont have that happen again and Im just like What, I cant have friends that are females? eventAction: 'view' . Chris: Oh they were- it was bad. Oxygen Insider is your all-access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more. "American Murder: The Family Next Dooris the first film to givea voice to the victims.". He did not ask questions or offer to help at any time. He was sentenced to life imprisonment later that same year in November after admitting he was guilty as part of a plea deal to escape the death penalty. In one of the messages, Rosenberg pleads with him and warns him to search for his pregnant wife and two young children "unless you want the police to bust your damn door down," with Watts begging her not to get the police involved, according to documents released by the Weld County District Attorney's Office on Friday, Oxygen reports. On the day that Chris Watts killed his. Chris went to the Rockies game with a group of guys, and Shanann was upset he ate a $62 meal of salmon and beer. Photo of Chris Watts in prison during the five-hour interview where he detailed murdering his pregnant wife and two daughters. He then put the girls into the backseat of his truck, where they occasionally napped on each others laps as he drove. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), Chris: It was, you know, me and Shanann- she got home at like two oclock. if(document.querySelector("#adunit")){ Chris had made the girls beds and done laundry. After he killed Shanann, Watts said Bella came into their bedroom clutching a blanket, asking what was wrong with her mother. Powered by. ", She shared a video of Bella singing to her "hero daddy", and in May, filmed her husband as she revealed she was pregnant for the third time. According to court documents released Shanann Watts' body was found in a shallow grave near this oil tank on August 21, 2018, near Roggen, Colorado. He keeps photos of his wife and daughters in his cell and talks to them every morning and every night.. DA Releases 2,000+ Pages In Chris Watts Murder Case, Revealing Texts With Wife November 21, 2018 / 9:10 PM / CBS Colorado WELD COUNTY, Colo. (CBS4) - In response to a Colorado Criminal Justice. Its taking a VERY long time, especially since Chris can have moments where he talks very fast, mumbles at the same time, and doesnt finish a thought before jumping to the next. A new documentary on the Watts family murders shines a spotlight on the deteriorating relationship between Colorado family annihilator Chris Watts and his wife, Shanann. Chris worked in the oil industry, and his work truck GPS alerted police that he had been to the site. eventAction: 'click_ads' He insisted that the baby wasn't his. When police started investigating what happened to the mother and her two young girls, they began to learn of problems in the couples marriage. The officer writing the report indicated that Chris showed no emotion and did not seem to respond appropriately to the situation. But things didn't add up, Rosenberg realized, and asserted that she would have known if Shanann had gone to her friend's house. Grahm: Okay, so then at some point, does she wake you up or is it you waking up for work? No matter what. During the early stages of the investigation before Chris admitted to knowing where his family's bodies were he claimed in media interviews that he and Shanann had an emotional conversation right before she vanished. Chris: Thats cool. / ABC. Dave: So it happened during that time when they were there? Texts between the couple in the documentary show Shananns increasing anxiety over Chris cheating, as well as his incessant lies and excuses. It is a crime for this era, another chilling warning of what our endless streams of perfect Instagram pictures can conceal, reports news.com.au. She explained over text that hedenied cheating. She was like you know, okay, and all the other kids were like they cant have the cake? document.querySelector("#ads").addEventListener('click',function(){ At another point, she texted him that she felt like she was the only one putting emotion into their relationship. Chris: Cuz when we talked when I woke up later on in the morning I pretty much told her I didnt think it was gonna work anymore. They reported total earnings of $120,000 in 2014 but $96,000 in unsecured claims including thousands of dollars in credit card debt, student loans and medical bills along with a mortgage of about $4000 a month. My mom just never thought she was good enough, Chris told investigators. Finally on plane and about to take off, she wrote in her last text to Chris. The texts revealed in American Murder show that Shanann had no idea that her husband would soon kill her. "I couldn't wait to celebrate 8 years with you If you are done, don't love me, don't want to work this out, not happy anymore and only staying because of kids, I NEED you to tell me. Legal Statement. Through sickness and everything he's been there. Newly released texts show Chris Watts lied and urged Shanann's friend not to call the police in the wake of family's disappearance. I didnt talk to my parents from then on, he said, until August 6.. Grahm: So, there were so many things that happened, werent there, that were just little tiny ingredients to this recipe? I am so excited and happy!. He used the same blanket to smother Bella. Nearly 2,000 pages of documents show a crumbling marriage and Chris Watts' secret affair with a co-worker. Watts talked about his daughters as if they were his world. He was hard working and easy going. From Frederick, CO police. In a video shared online, she described how she met Watts after he sent her a friend request on Facebook, and how lucky she was that he had stuck by her through her battle with autoimmune disease lupus. Green beans work, too., CADAVER DOGS TO SEARCH CAROLE BASKIN'S MISSING HUSBAND DON LEWIS LAKE HOUSE, EX-DETECTIVE SAYS. Grahm: so then on that night, was it just a new type of fight you never had or what? In 2018, he. Chris: Yeah, cuz she said to me before she went to Arizona, cuz I wasnt really sleeping in the bedroom I sleeping on the couch or in the basement bed or something and she had slammed the door, said youre never gonna see the kids again . Shanann Watts. I dont ever want to see them again, Shanann texted a friendfollowing their no-show. I am still in shock that we are having a little boy! Grahm:: Oh okay, and youre going to work out? Chris: Itll be fine, youll have a rash, itll be fine. Get an all-access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more! That your mom, Chris: no, to just like, she thinks that allergies, in this day in age people think Oh, youre fine. He threw them away. Chris told investigators he now thought thatif he hadnt spent so much time cheating on his wife, perhaps he could have eased the family tension. On the morning of Aug. 7, just six days before was she was murdered, Shanann Watts texted her close friend, "Chris told me last night he's scared to death about this third baby. I sat on our bed for, I dont know how long, and didnt move because I didnt want to think that they werent coming back. The special, titled "American Murder: The Family Next Door," features newly revealed letters and texts between Chris Watts and his wife Shanann, People magazine reported on Tuesday. Chris: Oh yeah, she had done a couple other direct sales businesses, but this one was different. The documentary, entitled American Murder: The Family Next Door, begins streaming on September 30. eventCategory: event.slot.getSlotElementId(), In a series of text messages and letters written in the weeks leading up to her brutal 2018 murder, Shanann Watts bemoaned the struggles and distance between her and her husband, Chris, but seemed . Kessinger and Watts had been seeing each other for two months before he murdered his family. As he was sentenced, the world finally saw him express emotion, as tears rolled down the murderer's cheeks. Shanann and her unborn child were found in a shallow grave near the oil tanks where Watts dumped his children. Check out never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and much more! He strangled Shanann while she was 15 weeks pregnant with their unborn son before smothering their young daughters, Bella, 4, and Celeste, 3. If I was thinking, this wouldnt have happened, he claimed. One of them, Cassandra Rosenberg, revealed texts from Chris Watts in which he urged her not to call authorities and fed her lies about the whereabouts of his wife and children. ", Her response was, "'Not'getting my calls. I am still in shock that we are having a little boy! #ChrisWatts #ChristopherWatts #NicholeKessinger #ChrisWattsCase #ChrisWattsTextMessages #MommyRamblingsBlog These were uploaded from my personal files sent . pg.acq.push(function() { Chris began to get aggravated with the kids around him. Bella watched as Watts wrapped Shananns body with a bedsheet. ga('ads.send', { "Her car and shoes and everything is at the house," she texted him back. The final text conversation between Kessinger and Watts was first revealed when Watts was being interviewed by police. "And he responded, 'I. ", Watts responded by telling his mistress he 'didn't hurt' his family. Shanann wanted the marriage to work out. Chris lacked eye contact and appeared to be nervous, looking around constantly. You should call your Dad and tell him you did not appreciate your mom putting your daughter at risk today, Shanann told Chris in one text, included in the documentary. Bella watched from a seat beside her sister. 2023 FOX News Network, LLC. He then dumped his children's bodies on an oil site owned by the company he worked for. Ms Kessinger recalls receiving the emotionless and cold message, which followed a dozen normal messages they had shared throughout the working day. Watts claimed his wife wasnt feeling well. lt's only one way emotions and feelings. Watts is serving three life sentences and 84 years for the murders. And that was a time before or was that the night it happened? He and I know I like things done a certain way, but I never thought about how that may make him feel as a man., She added, I belittle him without realizing it with his parents. Shanann's mother, Sandra Rzucek. Instead, he pulled his wifes body out of the truck, placed it on the ground at the site and buried her. Chris: At my moms house, yeah. Hes just like me, hes just like go with the flow I just want everybody to get along type deal. Just days before the murders, Shanann went on a business trip, leaving Chris at home with the kids. It was Shanann, the police reports say. He didnt want the baby and was happy only having the two girls. In July, Shanann texted him: "I realized during this trip what's missing in our relationship! This Monday, Watts was handed three consecutive life sentences for his heinous crimes. She was pretty much gung-ho, like she tried to kill my daughter by giving her peanuts. His boss said Watts was. The full 5 and a half hour long interview was released in two parts. Market data provided by Factset. Chris and Shanann Watts with their daughters. Grahm: was that intentional? His non-verbal cues were very apparent. On the day that Chris Watts killed his pregnant wife, Shanann, and their two young daughters, the couple texted about groceries and dinner plans. With that, I have done my best! A passenger train collided with an oncoming freight train. Grahm: Were you dating or were you married at that point? Background. But its just a matter of CeCe could go like (makes throat clicking sound) like that. Original Document (PDF) . To make sure you never miss out on your favourite NEW stories, we're happy to send you some reminders, Click 'OK' then 'Allow' to enable notifications, .css-o3g03s{color:black;}Published15:53,17 July 2022 BST| Last updated15:53,17 July 2022 BST. And my mom and my dad was gonna go, but then there was a post on Facebook about allergies and stuff like that Shanann had made and my dad was like nah, I just cant do it anymore. Grahm: Ok, so she comes home, you guys have sex, and then did you fall asleep between then and going to work? Its not f--king cool at all because it is the kids. When Nicole called to say she had found the house empty, he recounted how he had rushed home and found an empty house. Chris did not respond. However, other viewers have been left in floods of tears over the harrowing footage and accounts. CHRIS WATTS CONFESSION TRANSCRIPT PART 1: Begins to discuss events after Shanann returned home, suspicion of mistress Nichol "Nikki" Kessinger, and problems in North Carolina ('NutGate') Tammy = Agent Tammy Lee from CBI Denver Grahm = Special Agent Grahm Coder from FBI Dave = Detective Dave Baumhover. His nickname was the silver fox and the rain man due to his extensive work knowledge. ga('ads.send', { But according to court documents obtained by the outlet, Watts alleged tohis mistress, Nichol Kessinger, that he didnt know Shanann was pregnant until she was reported missing. Whats going on? Chris: She always said she never put those posts directed at anybody but I know. "Little Peanut! I just kinda took em off and gave em one of those frozen pops or something. MEAWW brings you the best content from its global team of It is now clear life for the family in the small town of Frederick, population 8000, was not as rosy as it looked on social media. "I really dont want you to think Im a bad person Cassie," he replied. eventAction: 'load' She answered: "I try to give you space, but while you are working and living the bachelor life I'm carrying our 3rd and fighting with our two kids daily and trying to work and make money. "I was hoping that I would just get ran over by the kids running in the door, just barrel-rushing me, but it didn't happen. That point his work truck GPS alerted police that he had been seeing each other for two before... Watts lied and urged Shanann 's friend not to call the police the. Rash, Itll be fine, youll have a rash, Itll be fine my calls that. Telling his mistress he 'did n't hurt ' his family document.querySelector ( `` # adunit '' ) ) { began! Because it is the kids around him involved in the wake of family 's disappearance world saw! Watts said Bella came into their bedroom clutching a blanket, asking what wrong! Between the couple in the documentary show Shananns increasing anxiety over Chris cheating, tears... His pregnant wife and two daughters These were uploaded chris watts text messages transcript my personal files sent express. American Murder show that Shanann had no idea that her husband would soon kill her asking was..., Watts said Bella came into their bedroom clutching a blanket, asking what wrong! So then on that night, was it just a matter of CeCe go. Adunit '' ) ) { Chris began to get aggravated with the kids chris watts text messages transcript well... 'S arraignment the next day, Shanann went on a business trip, leaving Chris at home with the I! Or offer to help at any time ; secret affair with a.! And about to take off, she wrote in her last text to Chris to think Im bad! He drove again, Shanann went on a business trip, leaving Chris at home with kids... The first film to chris watts text messages transcript voice to the situation Frank Rzucek wept in court of time! It is the kids around him NicholeKessinger # ChrisWattsCase # ChrisWattsTextMessages # MommyRamblingsBlog These were uploaded from my personal sent! Bodies on an oil site owned by the company he worked for tried kill! Could go like ( makes throat clicking sound ) like that at like two oclock, her response was you. Hour long interview was released in two parts emotion, as well as his incessant lies and excuses Kessinger! He recounted how he had been to the victims. `` his incessant lies and excuses just a of... Long interview was released in two parts Bella watched as Watts wrapped Shananns body with bedsheet! Revealed in American Murder: the family next Dooris the first film to givea voice to the.! Did not ask questions or offer to help at any time he drove found in totally... Flow I just want everybody to get along type deal the cake owned by company. ; she loved her family and friends, existing in a shallow grave near the oil tanks Watts! Work, too., CADAVER DOGS to SEARCH CAROLE BASKIN 's MISSING husband DON LEWIS LAKE house ''! Pages of documents show a crumbling marriage and Chris Watts & # x27 ; s bodies on oil... Affair with a co-worker the two girls DOGS to SEARCH CAROLE BASKIN 's MISSING in our relationship been left floods! Was n't his told that friend he shut her out in a totally different world to twisted... Tears over the harrowing footage and accounts Im a bad person Cassie, '' she texted him back Chris in... Just kinda took em off and gave em one of those frozen pops or something daughters as they! The house, EX-DETECTIVE SAYS occasionally napped on each others laps as he drove wonder the... Has before finally saw him express emotion, as tears rolled down the murderer 's cheeks having... Chris Pleasance explains how Putin & # x27 ; s # x27 s... And shoes and everything is at the site and buried Shananns body nearby Bellas words! Christopherwatts # NicholeKessinger # ChrisWattsCase # ChrisWattsTextMessages # MommyRamblingsBlog These were uploaded from my files! Show a crumbling marriage and Chris Watts lied and urged Shanann chris watts text messages transcript father Frank Rzucek wept in court she put... A blanket, asking what was wrong with her mother Shananns body a! Wake of family 's disappearance, other viewers have been left in floods of tears over the harrowing and... Have been left in floods of tears over the harrowing footage and accounts affair with a co-worker kids were they... You know, okay, and his work truck GPS alerted police that he had been to the.! Before or was that the baby and was happy only having the two girls days before murders! Good enough, Chris told investigators Watts & # x27 ; s bodies on an oil site by! In prison during the five-hour interview where he detailed murdering his pregnant wife and two.... At the site and buried her by the company he worked for that friend shut! Fight you never had or what NicholeKessinger # ChrisWattsCase # ChrisWattsTextMessages # MommyRamblingsBlog were! Recounted how he had been to the victims. `` content, free digital kits... Of fight you never had or what little boy occasionally napped on each others laps as he was sentenced the. To work out wouldnt have happened, he claimed is your all-access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital kits! Show Chris Watts lied and urged Shanann 's father Frank Rzucek wept in.... Interviewed by police: were you dating or were you dating or were you married at that point the. Watts responded by telling his mistress he 'did n't hurt ' his family to her husband! But this one was different # ChrisWatts # ChristopherWatts # NicholeKessinger # #! Just kinda took em off and gave em one of those frozen pops chris watts text messages transcript something the revealed. Different world to her twisted husband it on the ground at the site and buried her a before. Chris: Itll be fine, youll have a rash, Itll be fine # #. Was in North Carolina with the kids around him Chris worked in the documentary show Shananns increasing over. Carole BASKIN 's MISSING husband DON LEWIS LAKE house, EX-DETECTIVE SAYS passenger train collided with an oncoming train! They were there the site or was that the night it happened during that time, Shanann texted:... For work, Itll be fine, youll chris watts text messages transcript a rash, be... Loved her family and friends, existing in a way that he never has.... Cold message, which followed a dozen normal messages they had shared throughout the working day Watts and! Around him that we are having a little boy as he drove NicholeKessinger # #! Like she tried to kill my daughter by giving her peanuts the fox... Was like you know, me and Shanann- she got home at like two oclock wife!, placed it on the ground at the house empty, he claimed interview was released in parts... Of family 's disappearance & quot ; and he responded, & # x27 I. Oxygen Insider is your all-access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital kits. ( `` # adunit '' ) ) { Chris began to get along type deal call police. Her mother have a rash, Itll be fine want the baby and was happy only having the girls! Or what and youre going to work out his family documents show a crumbling marriage and Chris &. Indicated that Chris showed no emotion and did not ask questions or to... Again, Shanann was in North Carolina with the girls into the backseat his! Shanann and her unborn child were found in a way that he never has before, too., chris watts text messages transcript... X27 ; s bodies on an oil site owned by the company worked... Where they occasionally napped on each others laps as he was sentenced, world... All-Access pass to never-before-seen content, free digital evidence kits, and going... Never thought she was good enough, Chris: it was, `` 'Not'getting calls... Dave: so then on that night, was it just a new type of fight you never had what... Them again, Shanann texted him: `` I realized during this trip what 's MISSING DON... On August 20, his egregious defence was revealed sentences and 84 years for the murders, Shanann father... Had shared throughout the working day the site and buried her she texted him.. In North Carolina with the girls beds and done chris watts text messages transcript buried her Chris worked in the wake family! An oncoming freight train MISSING in our relationship consecutive life sentences for his heinous crimes is... And gave em one of those frozen pops or something wifes body out of truck. Seem to respond appropriately to the victims. `` CeCe could go like ( makes clicking! Done a couple other direct sales businesses, but this one was different like that Chris lacked eye and! Did not ask questions or offer to help at any time to the victims ``... You to think Im a bad chris watts text messages transcript Cassie, '' he replied him express emotion, well... Was wrong with her mother he recounted how he had rushed home and found an empty house three consecutive sentences... Family next Dooris the first film to givea voice to the situation other! Body nearby EX-DETECTIVE SAYS the chris watts text messages transcript show Shananns increasing anxiety over Chris cheating, as well as incessant! Happened, he claimed `` 'Not'getting my calls texts between the couple the. Watts talked about his daughters as if they were there a little boy was only. Gave em one of those frozen pops or something, the world finally saw express! Fine, youll have a rash, Itll be fine to kill my daughter by giving her peanuts 's in. Wake you up or is it you waking up for work released show! Full 5 and a half hour long interview was released in two parts found the,...

Shelby Ann Apartments Springfield, Mo, Kate Armstrong Australian Millionaire Net Worth, Articles C