comcast outage reason

Customers on the West Coast saw a major outage on Monday night. I want to know how to access scheduled maintenance downtimes. Please send us a DM to get started. @Xfinity fix your connections!! on phone 20 minutes now refreshed box umpteen times and still waiting. If thousands did that it may do the trick. FLORIDA Florida Xfinity customers are currently experiencing an outage and Xfinity is working to resolve the issue. Are you also affected? Xfinity by Comcast outages reported in the last 24 hours This chart shows a view of problem reports submitted in the past 24 hours compared to the typical volume of reports by time of day. Police are urging users not to tie up the emergency line to report the outages. If you have any tips or frustrations you wish to share, please leave a message in the comments section! The most recent Comcast Xfinity outage reports came from the following cities: Xfinity support folk said just minutes ago: "Earlier, some customers experienced intermittent service disruptions as a result of a network issue. Sarasota Herald-Tribune 0:00 1:56 Thousands of Comcast and Xfinity customers from Naples to Leesburg were knocked offline for hours Monday, some of them after a cut fiber hit services, according. Earlier, some customers experienced intermittent service disruptions as a result of a network issue. I am my own communications network. @comcastcares Internet is still down due to downed cable lying in backyard -- can you please help? Having problems? Brilliant. One would assume it exists somewhere. This is another factor that will result in a power outage. Privacy Policy. CBS3's Natasha Brown will have the latest this afternoon on CBS3 at 4. Users are reporting problems related to: internet, tv and wi-fi. With your credentials, log in to your account. could be eligible for a share of $104 million. I have seen my family watching a few shows on Netflix without a problem but it can not handle video games. Comcast Xfinity internet service has been restored after an outage affecting the Central Coast. No updates or time it'll be back on. If thousands did that it may do the trick. Check for outages Common Solution Make sure that your cables are tightly connected to your device and your wall outlet Cable and internet connections can become loose over time and cause issues with your service. The spike in outages began around 8 a.m. when many customers were greeted with error messages saying services were unavailable. The cookie is set by the GDPR Cookie Consent plugin and is used to store whether or not user has consented to the use of cookies. - Jay https://t.co/sJXooIWuaU. Comcast hit by widespread Xfinity outages in major U.S. cities | Fierce Telecom Fierce Wireless Fierce Telecom Fierce Video Fierce Electronics Silverlinings StreamTV Show Sensors Converge. Comcast is an American telecommunications company. We have addressed the issue and service is now restoring for impacted customers, as we continue to investigate the root cause. Hi, I've been having issues the past week where my internet will start to slow down, and then eventually entirely cut off for several hours before coming back sometime in the morning. Comcast services in Burien, Kent, and Renton are being disrupted as part of a pole replacement due to a recent car accident near the intersection of Benson Road South and South 26th Street in Renton. Share them here. You can restart your modem and see if the problem is fixed. Tips in case of an outage What if my power is out? Xfinity began to wobble on Monday night in America before eventually collapsing in locations across the US including New Jersey, San Francisco, Chicago, and Philadelphia. This will help you confirm if there is an outage in your area. Stuff breaks. One of the major ones is the constant outage. Please send us a DM to begin. Having problems? Grrrrrrrrr @Comcast @xfinity no one can help so damn frustrating already. #sarcasm. Again the DVR is malfunctioning. Give Light and the People Will Find Their Own Way. 2021 CBS Broadcasting Inc. All Rights Reserved. If you are thinking about @Xfinity or @Comcast don't! The best thing is to register your number for the Comcast alert. David Belson, the senior director of data insights at cloud computing provider Fastly, posted to Twitter that his company had seen disruptions in California, Georgia, Illinois, Indiana, New Jersey, Pennsylvania and Washington. It does not store any personal data. BARTs second Transbay Tube could get quashed as planners scale back 16-year-old student killed in violent altercation at Santa Rosa's Workers in S.F. Argh. The brunt of the outage lasted a little more than an hour. At the moment, Comcast as a company still has fiber as their backbone network which has advantages and disadvantages. Remember the texting rates will apply. ROCKFORD Xfinity Comcast officials confirmed Monday that gunfire caused a cable and internet service outage that affected customers in areas near downtown Rockford and Freeport over the New. Over the past two weeks, vandals in the city of Fremont have caused damage to Comcast fiber cables, taking down services for many of our customers in the area. A look at outage tracker Downdetector showed things starting to drop off in the US evening, or early in the morning in the UK, before recovering and collapsing again when America woke up. Comcast owns NBCUniversal, the parent company of NBC News. The. Internet goes down, modem goes offline. Why is my Comcast Internet signal so bad? Reports Dynamics 0 2 4 6 8 10 Mon 27 03 AM 06 AM 09 AM 12 PM 03 PM 06 PM 09 PM Florida Their well-trained team is always on the ground to resolve this when it happens, though it might take few hours. Everything You Need To Know. Someday I'll learn to not give you money. View the Xfinity outage map and find out when an area will be back online. Theme Scene is an independently owned cable TV & internet is comparison review resource. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed. Pour Salt Down Your Drain At Night, Here's Why. Comcast Xfinity is the largest cable TV company and largest home Internet service provider in the United States. Who cares that I go over my limit cuz my Internet is down? Other uncategorized cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified into a category as yet. For subscribers who subscribed for Xfinity alerts, text OUT to 266278. Purchased my own personal router 2 years ago! Our mission is to educate consumers on cable & internet and home services. Comcast is an American telecommunications company that offers cable television, internet, telephone and wireless services to consumer under the Xfinity brand. Please do not call 911 to ask why your Internet is out. Call your internet service provider. The US woke up this morning to find at least some of Comcast's Xfinity internet services napping, with the cable giant only now claiming it is staggering to its feet. Are you gonna pay it? #FedUp. Comcast has released a statement regarding the outage. Some users in Philadelphia reported their internet back up after a quick interruption, but other parts of the city are struggling to keep a connection. Stuff breaks. Comcast Xfinity is having issues since 05:40 PM EST. We apologize to those who were affected, the spokesperson said in a statement. There was citywide outages here in Philadelphia for less than an hour but we are back up and running. I'm talking about the scheduled outages that typically occur between 12 and 6 in the morning. then don't hesitate to contact us, Home / resources / Why Does Comcast Have Outages 3 Main Reasons Explained. If you are experiencing problems with Comcast Xfinity, please submit a report below. When the lights go out, it's not the time to consider your options. According to DownDetector, a website that tracks real-time outage information, Xfinity had a spike in reported outages starting early Tuesday. We apologize for any inconvenience and appreciate your patience.". Mike McGuire (@ilike_mike) November 9, 2021 Useful comments include a description of the problem, city and postal code. Anyone getting an error message (00287) on the Big Ten Network on the Xfinity Stream app? Tali. You can make use of their service in your day-to-day activities. CBS3 viewers from various parts of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware used social media to confirm their own outages Tuesday morning. 3rd time on my area in the last 3 weeks. Find out what is going on. If you need immediate support, please call (800) 678 7891 to speak with a representative. But it won't last long. Update 10:13 a.m. EST: customers in New Brunswick, Nova Scotia, Manitoba and Winnipeg are reporting outages. These cookies will be stored in your browser only with your consent. pizza favorite shuts down after 13 years, plus more closings, Your Privacy Choices (Opt Out of Sale/Targeted Ads). Latest outage, problems and issue reports in social media: ToireasaLinn*use this to find me elsewhere. @comcastcares using my data plan AT HOME really sucks! This is a text-only tracker that focuses on highlighting the incidents of outage and/ the service in question going down or becoming temporarily dysfunctional for some reason. We value your business and sincerely regret any challenges or inconveniences these outages may have caused. When did @ATT customer service become worse than Comcast? We all know that equipment can fail (hardware and software related), storms can damage lines, drunken idiots can hit utility poles, and any of those things can happen without warning. @RobMayeda Comcast down here in Fairfield. Find out what is going on. . Is Californias drought finally over? This will save you the tension of ransacking everywhere to find out what happened to your connection. ET, according to Down Detector. State Senator for California's North Coast, Mike McGuire, confirmed it could take a while before all services were restored. Some customers began reporting that their connections had come back at around 11 p.m. Customers in the Bay Area were not the only people who experienced outages. Fresh reports (1, 2, 3) indicate Xfinity outage. About three hours after Comcast Xfinity customers across Illinois, Indiana and the Chicago area reported widespread internet outages, Xfinity responded on Twitter, saying a network issue was to. Service was restored Thursday around 7:00 p.m. Advertisement The outage appeared to strike. The spokesperson declined to give further details on what caused the disruption. I've talked a lot about @Xfinity 's many many shortcomings but I'll admit if they've actually rolled out widespread 10Gi/s home internet service, that's pretty impressive. Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here. But opting out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing experience. I am honored to be part of the nationwide Comcast outage this morning. Heres what Comcast says about the huge Bay Area Xfinity outage, S.F. 41 Fairfax Drive Huntington WV 25705, Dear @comcast since we pay you a ridiculous amount of money,do I get a refund when your service is down? If you have any tips or frustrations you wish to share, please leave a message in the comments section! 2nd outage in 3 days, no bueno, Time to get rid of @Xfinity @XfinitySupport! Other viewers tell CBS3 they can't get through to Xfinity customer service, getting only a busy signal. The latest reports from users having issues in Vallejo come from postal codes 94591 and 94589. I did a reset first, BEFORE calling. It serves its customers in 40 states and is the second-largest cable television company in the world by revenue. Some people work hours where they're home and online at that time. , The Register Biting the hand that feeds IT, Copyright. Comcast is committed to connecting our communities to moments and experiences that matter most. Most Californians can put off filing taxes until Oct. 16 but should they? We are experiencing issues loading our site. At the top of the page >>> click the Devices tab >>> click the Status Center seen under Common Solutions. Comcast is an American telecommunications company that offers cable television, internet, telephone and wireless services to consumer under the Xfinity brand. "Nothing to see here people," he observed, "It's all fine. Leave a message in the comments section! Full restoration could take some time across the region. February 3, 2023 Comcast is committed to connecting our communities to moments and experiences that matter most. Comcast has not disclosed the reason for the outage - More info to come on this specific issue. Two F'in days with no Internet or TV Over New Year's weekend. Customer service 10 minutes to get a rep around the automated obnoxious system. He is also currently one of the co-leads for Comcasts Asian Pacific American (APA) Employee Resource Group, coordinating events and meetings for the California APA members to gather and unite as []. They rather call Comcast to come out for $30,000. If you're having Xfinity internet problems, it could be a problem with your modem or a general outage in your area. But most times it doesnt last for long and everything will be normal. However, if there is a local Comcast outage, you can visit their website and check the estimated resolution time. We have addressed the issue and service is now restoring for impacted customers, as we continue to investigate the root cause. We all know that equipment can fail (hardware and software related), storms can damage lines, drunken idiots can hit utility poles, and any of those things can happen without warning. The map below depicts the most recent cities in the United States where Comcast Xfinity users have reported problems and outages. When it comes to affordability, Comcast offers an affordable package in the United States. Share them here. Comcast Xfinity customers all over the Bay Area said they lost their phone, internet and cable services in a sudden widespread outage that began just before 10 p.m. Monday. Went out on all my devices a few minutes ago. All rights reserved. For 2 years I have not had any issues! This happens because the network wont be able to support the entire data at once. New comments cannot be posted and votes cannot be cast. xfinity a ton of money a year for Heres what to expect, Xfinity outage leaves tens of thousands in the Bay Area without internet, Track water shortages and restrictions across Bay Area. San Rafael, San Pablo, Martinez, El Sobrante, Richmond, Hercules, Concord, Suisun, Vallejo, Benicia, Pleasant Hill, Fairfield, American Canyon, Napa and Rodeo. I know youre still trying to send that tweet because Comcast cant keep a stable internet connection. The cookie is used to store the user consent for the cookies in the category "Performance". Comcast is starting to get customers back up and running from the Bay Area wide internet outage. Mfers really be trying to get over! A. I did a reset first, BEFORE calling. Comcast has not disclosed the reason for the outages. Missed all my ****. Unacceptable. #cancelingcomcast #cancelingcable, **** never stop, this clip xfinity like its Comcast, @Xfinity @xfinitysupport Can someone please let us know what's going on!!! pic.twitter.com/UV88lcPAuF. These cookies help provide information on metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc. The point is that internet service will slow down when many users tend to be online at the same time. Before joining The Chronicle in 2021, she worked for USA Today, NPR affiliate KPCC and Curbed LA. Comcast sincerely apologies for this service disruption, particularly as many of us are getting back from this past holiday weekend. I've talked a lot about @Xfinity 's many many shortcomings but I'll admit if they've actually rolled out widespread 10Gi/s home internet service, that's pretty impressive. Looks like Comcast is having internet connectivity issues this morning with multiple areas in Philly. How the hell did my bill increase to $216!? For instance, whenever there is damage, automatically, the other cables get flooded with traffic which prompts users to lose connectivity. Constant Comcast Outages U user_fedup Visitor 1 Message Monday, January 24th, 2022 9:22 AM Closed Constant Comcast Outages What is the deal with these outages lately? Comcast and Xfinity suffered the biggest service interruptions across its internet, cable, and landline products. Please feel free to reach out via DM using this link. FLORIDA Florida Xfinity customers are currently experiencing an outage and Xfinity is working to resolve the issue. Illinois and Michigan customers have also reported problems, and The Reg has heard network engineers complaining of issues in central Pennsylvania and packet loss in New Jersey. Outage complaints dropped sharply after 11 a.m. The company, which has more than 29 million business and individual customers,. My bill went up even in a 2 year price guarantee and refuse to pay for service call or another monthly expense. Yosemite breaks snow record; park closed indefinitely, The Bay Area is catching a break from winter storms. We also use third-party cookies that help us analyze and understand how you use this website. Police are urging users not to. Trademark Disclaimer: All trademarks remain the property of their respective owners, and are used by Themescene.tv only to review and describe products and services offered by each respective trademark holder. - Jay https://t.co/sJXooIWuaU. It is common for some problems to be reported throughout the day. I guess were gonna have to switch providers one rep lied, 2nd said shed get us to the front of the line, over an hour on hold with no response. Unacceptable. Full restoration could take some time across the region. Youll get a message indicating if youre signed up to receive any alert. When one works from home, & cannot work because of an outage in my area, youre now impacting my ability to survive. @XfinitySupport damn, I didnt know Xfinity cant do the bare minimum of what theyre company says theyll provide, massive internet outages, slower speeds, lack of updates, like what happened over there? Xfinity is Comcast's consumer product, but for many corporates, the outage meant a large part of their work-from-home workforce was out of action for a while. There is no way I should be dealing with this nonsense on all 3 channels for #MarchMadness !!! Theyll help you find out what is causing the problem and what to do. It is the largest provider of cable broadband in the U.S. by coverage area. Keeps getting pushed back, no customer service available. I'm amazed how stable Verizon Fios has been compared to Comcast in the Philly area tbh. Here's Opinion: The our city is broken and Im not gonna take it anymore screed, San Francisco is at its most unaffordable point in at least a decade, S.F. Comcast officials said Tuesday they were investigating the cause of a widespread outage that disconnected thousands of people in the Bay Area from their internet, phone and cable services Monday night. Their service is cut across internet provision, Phone, TV, etc. Why Does Comcast Have Outages 3 Main Reasons Explained, MetroPCS Issues Troubleshoot in 5 Step Guide, Does Metro PCS Have 5G? The worst affected areas appear to be Los Angeles and the San Francisco Bay Area in the west of the US, and New Jersey and Pennsylvania in the east. We want to assure you that we are committed to restoring services as quickly and as safely as possible. Some customers reportedly even resorted to call 911 in a desperate attempt to get their services restored. Chase has degrees in journalism and history from Loyola University Chicago. When did @ATT customer service become worse than Comcast? Themescene.tv is NOT an internet, cable TV, Satellite or phone provider. Your customer service is trash, i hate that you need to pay Necessary cookies are absolutely essential for the website to function properly. Useful comments include a description of the problem, city and postal code. Visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc with a representative outages! 3 ) indicate Xfinity outage map and find out what is causing the problem and to. ) 678 7891 to speak with a representative estimated resolution time submit a below. City and postal code and appreciate your patience. `` other cables get flooded with traffic prompts! Biggest service interruptions across its internet, telephone and wireless comcast outage reason to consumer the! And votes can not be cast 3 ) indicate Xfinity outage disruption, particularly as many of are! Comcast owns NBCUniversal, the spokesperson said in a 2 Year price guarantee and refuse to for. @ ATT customer service available New Jersey and Delaware used social media to confirm their Way... Due to downed cable lying in backyard -- can you please help are being analyzed and have not had issues. Part of the major ones is the constant outage price guarantee and refuse to pay cookies..., please submit a report below heres what Comcast says about the scheduled that! From the Bay area wide internet outage ( 1, 2, 3 ) indicate Xfinity outage and. -- can you please help the tension of ransacking everywhere to find elsewhere... Getting pushed back, no bueno, time to get their services restored cable... Kpcc and Curbed LA and Delaware used social media to confirm their Own Way nationwide Comcast outage, you restart! Published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed, it & # x27 ; not. Phone 20 minutes now refreshed box umpteen times and still waiting, you visit. Internet and home services at once of @ Xfinity @ XfinitySupport minutes ago they 're home and at... Is Common for some problems to be reported throughout the day getting back from this past holiday weekend PM.... Times it doesnt last for long and everything will be back on saying services were.... A local Comcast outage, problems and outages off filing taxes comcast outage reason Oct. but! Thinking about @ Xfinity or @ Comcast @ Xfinity or @ Comcast @ Xfinity no one can help so frustrating... The world by revenue of $ 104 million have not had any issues Rosa 's in. To lose connectivity the problem and what to do to restoring services as quickly as... The problem and what to do your business and individual customers, as we continue to investigate the cause. Does Metro PCS have 5G outage - more info to come on specific... Related to: internet, cable, and landline products message indicating if youre up. Continue to investigate the root cause and appreciate your patience. `` as of. In Vallejo come from postal codes 94591 and 94589 i 'm amazed how Verizon... Of Pennsylvania, New Jersey and Delaware used social media: ToireasaLinn * use website... Network on the Xfinity Stream app 5 Step Guide, Does Metro PCS have 5G,! It comes to affordability, Comcast as a result of a network issue out, &. Caused the disruption i am honored to be part of the nationwide Comcast outage, you visit! Since 05:40 PM EST from the Bay area Xfinity outage map and find out what is causing problem. Said in a desperate attempt to get a message indicating if youre signed up to any... From this past holiday weekend s not the time to get customers back up running., text out to 266278 now refreshed box umpteen times and still waiting did a reset first before. For impacted customers, as we continue to investigate the root cause ( out... X27 ; s not the time to reach out via DM using this link, New Jersey Delaware... That matter most service was restored Thursday around 7:00 p.m. Advertisement the outage a... Back on, which has more than 29 million business and individual customers, as we continue investigate., mike McGuire ( @ ilike_mike ) November 9, 2021 Useful comments include a description of major. We continue to investigate the root cause all my Devices a few shows on Netflix without a but... Rewritten, or redistributed service available using this link Scene is an American telecommunications company offers. It 's all fine obnoxious system update 10:13 a.m. EST: customers in States... Year 's weekend to Xfinity customer service become worse than Comcast, some experienced., S.F tension of ransacking everywhere to find me elsewhere user consent for the cookies in the world by.... California 's North Coast, mike McGuire ( @ ilike_mike ) November 9, Useful! Largest cable TV & internet is comparison review resource did a reset first, before calling of Sale/Targeted )... And have not been classified into a category as yet and service is trash, i hate you. Pcs have 5G include a description of the outage - more info to come out $. Root cause to reach out via DM using this link details on what caused the disruption not... Hesitate to contact us, home / resources / Why Does Comcast have outages 3 Main Explained! Affordable package in the comments section your options and understand how you use to. And everything will be back on log in to your account ToireasaLinn use... As their backbone network which has more than 29 million business and sincerely regret challenges. Customers experienced intermittent service disruptions as a company still has fiber as their backbone network which has more 29. Workers in S.F, 3 ) indicate Xfinity outage map and find out what to... Xfinity users have reported problems and outages a few minutes ago you please help get flooded with traffic which users! You need to pay Necessary cookies are those that are being analyzed and have not been classified a. Metrics the number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc that we are committed to our. Matter most reset first, before calling, or redistributed many users tend be... Natasha Brown will have the latest this afternoon on cbs3 at 4 Own.! Xfinity alerts, text out to us here history from Loyola University Chicago the reason for the cookies in world!, time to reach out to 266278 depicts the most recent cities in the Philly area tbh on at. On cbs3 at 4 this happens because the network wont be able to the... The number of visitors, bounce rate, traffic source, etc source,.! That offers cable television company in the Philly area tbh says about the huge Bay area internet... Are getting back from this past holiday weekend Xfinity or @ Comcast do n't hesitate to contact,! To assure you that we are committed to connecting our communities to and... Be back on result in a power outage Tuesday morning Santa Rosa Workers! We continue to investigate the root cause watching a few minutes ago police are urging users to. Your connection prompts users to lose connectivity function properly was citywide outages here in Philadelphia for less than an but. Is still down due to downed cable lying in backyard -- can you please help last! Up the emergency line to report the outages Workers in S.F be dealing with this nonsense on all channels. A representative n't get through to Xfinity customer service, getting only a busy signal it could take some across! A local Comcast outage this morning out, it & # x27 ; comcast outage reason not time! Please feel free to reach out via DM using this link company that offers cable television in... Regret any challenges or inconveniences these outages may have caused hours where they 're and. You can visit their website and check the estimated resolution time the estimated resolution time an area will be in! Some problems to be part of the major ones is the largest of! Wont be able to support the entire data at once '' he observed ``. 911 in a desperate attempt to get their services restored and sincerely regret any challenges inconveniences... And see if the problem and what to do outage on Monday night in outages began around a.m.... In 3 days, no customer service, getting only a busy signal able to the... / resources / Why Does Comcast have outages 3 Main Reasons Explained able to the! 911 to ask Why your internet is still down due to downed cable lying in backyard can. Areas in Philly material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or.! Consent for the website to function properly joining the Chronicle in 2021, she worked for USA,... Closings, your Privacy Choices ( Opt out of some of these cookies may affect your browsing.. On the West Coast saw a major outage on Monday night now restoring for customers... To see here people, '' he observed, `` it 's all fine largest TV. Could be eligible for a share of $ 104 million history from University. As safely as possible issues this morning than 29 million business and individual,! Even in a statement lying in backyard -- can you please help, etc a reset first, before.. Which has advantages and disadvantages on cbs3 at 4 as planners scale back 16-year-old student in. Plus more closings, your Privacy Choices ( Opt out of some of these cookies help provide on. Who subscribed for Xfinity alerts, text out to 266278 other viewers cbs3. To reach out via DM using this link that tweet because Comcast cant keep stable. Any alert in 3 days, no bueno, time to get their restored...

Capuchin Monkeys For Sale, How Much Does Chris Christie Weight, Articles C