rare little golden books

I wish I could help youunfortunately, Im unfamiliar with that book. Feb 14, 2023. Sue Fliess. Vintage 1962 We Help Daddy Miniature Golden Book Little # 14 - RARE. You can pick up this copy from a bookseller in Palm Beach, Florida if you have deep enough pockets. Image Credit: Valuable Little Golden Books. 1946-60 Little Golden Books Prayers Hymns Disney Classics + RARE Christmas +MORE. Crazy! Rare Gordon's Jet Flight A Little Golden Activity Book 1961 Hardcover Vtg. ULTRA RARE Prayers For Children, A Little Golden Book Eloise Wilkin. Its still possible to pick up some titles for as little as $5 but others can command far higher prices.  COLLECTING LITTLE GOLDEN BOOKS STRIKING GOLD! LGB The Little Red Hen. You might find it helpful: https://youtu.be/4tyZGJ1gHnA Good luck! Best Offer: Make offer. Gertrude E. Espenscheid, Prayers for Children, by Rachel Taft Dixon, Nursery Songs, by Leah Gale, illus. Illustrated by Lilian Obligado, the book is in English and is considered rare since it is one of the few first editions that are still in good condition. Later. The illustrated covers are bright, again with light wear at tips and corners. Mint condition, non-Disney boxed sets often sell for $50 - $150, and single books sell for $3 - $5. Usa: Palgrave Macmillan, 1985. The publishers used this [odd] method from 1947 until 1970. But I guess the old ones, like this one about how a rhinoceros learns to make friends, will always be my favorite. Quarto Size [approx 24cm x 30.5cm]. The back New York: Golden Press, 1961. Over the years many vintage Little Golden Books have become worn, damaged, or even lost their covers. Octavo, original illustrated boards with gilt spine label and elaborate full-color illustrations throughout. Since 1942, Little Golden Books have been delighting book-lovers of all ages. Looks sharp. Bruce Lee: The Celebrated Life of the Golden Dragon is a photographic catalog of all facets of this fascinating man, from the start of his career to his untimely and tragic death in 1973. First Printing, June, 1945. It would be greatly appreciated! While you could try to sell them online, you may have more luck finding buyers at local antique shopsor bookstores. This is an octavo a book thats usually between 8 and 10 inches tall. My father used to read to me A Little Golden book as a child in the early 1960s. Before long, big names like Disney and television shows like Rin Tin Tin, Lassie, and Bozo the Clowneach became the subject matter of an LGB. VINTAGE LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK - A NAME FOR KITTY - 1948 EX COND RARE TITLE! Currently listed on eBay, the Little Golden Books value is $74.95. Robert and His New Friends is one of the early titles in the series and is now a rare collectors item. As the world's largest independent marketplace for new, used and rare books, you always get the best in service and value when you buy from Biblio.com.au, and all of your purchases are backed by our return guarantee. -- Internally the book is clean and tight. The interior is crisp and clean, showing no marks or wear. The Little Golden Books covered both fiction and non-fiction. Ukelele has a wooden doll, but when British traders arrive, they give her a new china doll. The Little Black Sambo dates back to 1948. Despite being over 70 years old, The New House in the Forest is still in excellent condition and is currently listed on eBayfor $156.75. The most expensive copyof this book is in very good condition, with only minor wear around the edges and corners. The attached scan should give a better idea of condition. Simon & Schuster, New York, 1943. AU $29.67 + AU $9.95 postage. Good luck! And if you buy this set of six copies, still complete with the publishers paper wrap around them, youll get six sets of bandages too! Mint condition books are like new and have the highest value. Please only add Little Golden Books (from any decade) to this list. Hardcover. (The black marks are due to aging.) I loved that book as a child but it belonged to the school. Click to . The book also shows evidence of the restrictions publishers were facing during the war period. The book is filled with charming illustrations, and each story has a moral lesson to teach. Cover art and illustrations throughout by Aurlieus Battaglia. Binding secure; text clean. $29.99. (I Can Dress Myself #25, Big Bird's Busy Day #26) 5.0 5.0 out of 5 stars (1) Unknown Binding. We can help you find the little golden books books you are looking for. BTW I never heard back from you about the Lancaster Co cookbook that I emailed you about a week or so ago. You are a sweetheart doing all that research. The attached scan gives a better idea of condition, but please note that our scanner reproduces the shiny gold as a dark grey. Check online auction sites and comparable sales to get an idea of what your book might be worth. Below, we will look at the factors that can raise or decrease the value of Little Golden Books: As you may have guessed, the earliest Little Golden Books are generally more valuable than more recent copies. Hardcover. More Snap Friday Weekend Specials All Crazy Auctions. Neat, light FO sig. This copy of Hansel and Gretel is scribble-free. Sponsored. I am looking for a childrens book that may or may not have been an LGB. The illustrated covers are bright, with just a bit of wear at the spine and corners. The book follows the story of a family who build a new house in the forest and have to deal with all the challenges that come with it. Thanks to their enduring popularity, its likely that they will continue to bring joy to young readers for many years to come. Very Good in a Good price clipped dust jacket. Today, the Little Golden Book Tom Thumb Edition B is considered to be a rare find, with only a handful of copies known to exist. This is a much sought-after title in the series. Currently listed on eBay, the Little Golden Book has a price tag of $199.95 attached to it. On eBay, youll find a wide variety of buyers who are interested in everything from first editions to rare titles. The back flap bears the message Buy U.S. War Savings Stamps and Bonds. From 1971 to 1991, the edition letter was moved to the left bottom corner of the first or second page. Other factors that can affect a books value include its condition, illustrations, authorship, and subject matter. It is unclipped. The books popularity turned it into one of the best-selling childrens books in the 20th century. Smart of Racine to take advantage of their connection to LGBs (home of Western Pub. Currently, on sale on eBay, Uncle Mistletoe is listed as a first edition book. Wodehouse book The Small Bachelor 1941, Harold Robbins book The Dream Merchants signed U.S. first edition 1949, Ian Fleming book The Man With The Golden Gun first edition 1965, Colin Dexter book The Wench Is Dead signed first edition Book 1989, and . And some can be very valuable. Weve been pounded with snow here in the northeastone foot on Thursday and another yesterdaywith delicate, downy snow flakes. No one could have anticipated the wild popularity of LGBs. Hardback. Very Good/No Jacket. According to the seller, the Little Golden Book shows some corner and cover wear. Little Golden Books have been a staple of childhood for over 75 years. If you didnt own one or two as a child, then you borrowed them from the library, or listened as your teacher read one aloud, or perhaps you discovered them in your pediatricians office while waiting for a check-up, like I did(!). This one is number 111 in the series. Can you identify it? NY: Golden Press, 1974. Book. It was published in October 1942, as one of the first set of 12 Little Golden Books. Previous owners name to front cover Very tiny at lower front edge. So one of the things that makes Little Golden Books most valuable whatever their title is the condition. A LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK - MICKEY AND FRIENDS LETS GO TO THE FIRE STATION 1997 in the Other Antiquarian & Collectable category for sale in Port Elizabeth (ID:581105549) Buy A LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK - MICKEY AND FRIENDS LETS GO TO THE FIRE STATION 1997 for R60.00. For books published from 1942 to 1946, the edition number can be found on the first or second page. Currently, on sale on eBay, Little Black Sambo has a price tag of $64.46 attached to it. Affordable alternative - The Harry Abrams 1977 deluxe illustrated edition, with artwork from Arthur Rankin Jr and Jules Bass, is gorgeous, and prices range from $90 to $350. The new doll is very smart, with real hair and a beautiful dress. Written by Walt Disney, the Little Golden Book tells its stories in English. 164 pages Contains stories from Nicholas Bebbington, Enid Blyton, Denis Compton, Dreeman Wills Crofts, Richmal Crompton, Frances Pitt, RE Prescott, and Alison Uttley. All six copies here are being sold as a set by a bookseller based in Houston, Texas. Alice In Wonderland Meets The White Rabbit #105-50 1951 11. Free postage. For example, a 1st edition, uncirculated copy of Little Mommy sells for $150 at the online shop of the Collecting Little Golden Book. Thanks for your insights; I cant wait to look them over. Help 010 005 6200 The hardcover book tells its stories to kids under the age of 8 in English. The book is a collection of humorous stories and poems that are perfect for young readers. Mr. Meyers Cow (1950s by Miss Frances) No Edition Remarks. Its currently on sale from a bookshop in Ottawa Canada, and can be yours for $77. Hard Cover. New York: Golden Press, 1962. With their expertise, they should be able to give you a better idea of how much your book is worth. COME PLAY HOUSE LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK LGBS 27 AUS VINTAGE 1940s RARE ELOISE WILKIN. Find many great new & used options and get the best deals for VINTAGE LITTLE GOLDEN BOOK - MAKE WAY FOR THE THRUWAY - EX CONDITION!! Fine/Fine. The pretty cover bears an illustration showing brightly colored examples including a daffodil, pansy, rose and poppy. In this detailed guide, we will focus on the price to expect for the most valuable Little Golden Books. Ukelele and Her New Doll, written by Clara Louise Grant, was published in 1951. Edges have light chipping. Have a great day! Sell on bidorbuy Daily Deals Stores Promotions. For example, A was used for first editions while Z was used for the 26th edition. Simply take some pictures of your books and create a listing. RARE Stoddart Aircraft Model C Deluxe Tri-Lock Tripod In CW-218/ URM-17 Bag Roberta Harris Pfafflin Petty. Original orange cloth lettered in black. The "belongs to" box has been filled in. 1st Edition (Presumed). The titles that have rare and super rare editions are: Book 12 (Golden edition): Coles Little Treehouse Super Rare: Andy & Terry's Little Treehouse Tour It didnt take long for Disney to jump onto the LGB bandwagon. Hardcover. It bears the signature of Walt Disney himself on the half-title page. This is a first edition, but the second printing making it slightly less valuable than a first printing example. You could post the question in my private FB group, Your Vintage Headquarters. The interior of the book is crisp and clean, with no marks or signs of use. According to the seller, the vintage childrens book is currently in good condition with no tears or marks. Definitely pinning this for future reference and will be keeping an eye out at estate sales from now on. This copy bears the name of the original owner inside the front cover. Collectors have paid thousands for rare and ultra-rare minis in previous offers, with one Golden Stikeez selling for more than $20,000 on eBay. Currently, on sale on eBay, the Little Golden Book is in excellent condition and does not feature obvious cover damage.

Paul Ryan Dublin, Burstner Eliseo 540, Articles R