sonora, texas axis deer hunting

Rock Creek Ranch takes pride in offering a great value for your Texas Axis Deer Hunt. The ranch is incredibly wild and beautiful with game around every corner. I honestly cant praise FF ranch enough. The basic social unit is a family group that consists of an older female and her offspring. Scott, Everything about the hunt was perfect the people, the food, the rooms, the animals all outstanding Johnny, Anthony at 210-471-9899 Send A Text. When we arrived for hunting season he took care of our needs without question. plus and horn length between 28-39, roduced at RCR about 30 years ago. Also known as Chital, the axis deer originally came from India, Nepal, and Sri Lanka. Axis are most commonly in herds of 10 to 50 of both sexes. Iranian Red Sheep Ewe. Email Us. If unsure what types of clothes to bring, please contact us so we can make suggestions depending on the weather at the ranch. Anthony really went out of his way to show me the ropes, and make sure I got my first deer. Enter your email address to receive notifications by email. As summer conditions dry this vegetation, Axis will turn to consuming more browse. During this year Anthony was very gracious in answering my many questions on the Sika deer and how he was going to handle my condition. Aodad Sheep (ewe) - $500.00 Turkeys (tom or hen) - $100.00 each (with another animal) Axis Deer Hunting Season: Axis Deer can be hunted year-round here in Texas at Lonesome Bull Ranch, however, we recommend May-August to have the greatest number of hard antler bucks to choose from. Hunting whitetail with us will give you a true Texas experience. The main determining factor when booking your Texas Axis deer hunt with BWGS is; Do you want to hunt in the cold or the heat? The quality of axis meat isoutstandingand hides can be manufactured intovarious ways such as pillows, seat covers and small rugs. He has chosen to pursue his passion for hunting as a career and is now offering his experience as a guide for Martin Hollow Outfitters. He is extremely knowledgeable but also very relaxed and managed to keep me at ease when the deer started to come towards us. When I shot my first Axis I dont know whether I was more excited or him! On the Farrell Ranch, Axis breed year round with the peak breeding period occurring in May-July. Our hunt was the hunt of a life-time. Please note, do too rise in costs of operation, we are no longer able to wave all day rates. The deer are fed protein with mineral supplements to . Includes:Lodging, meals and Ranch transportation while accompanying Hunter. He guided me on the first hunt of my life, and I am grateful. 15+ owner provided blinds/stands. These herds usually consist of about 15-20 members, are loosely organized and disband often except for the related mother-offspring members. You can expect to see up to 50 different axis deer each day during the peak times of the rutting season from June to August. My wife, Jennifer, and I arrived home about 9:15 PM Sunday night from my 60th birthday Axis hunt at the FF Hunting Ranch outside of Sonora, Texas. Gerald & the other guides could have not been more down to earth and helpful people. Axis Deer . Both male and female axis deer are born with a dark chestnut brown color coat highlighted with white spots throughout, a black stripe down the center of the back, a white patch on the throat and white hair on the abdomen, inside of legs, under the tail and inside of the ears. Other social groupings consist of loosely structured male herds and, between February and April, nursery herds composed of females with fawns. Extra hunt days can be purchased with prior notice. Sitting in blind, then getting down for a long stalk in thick South Texas brush. Axis Bucks have antlers with an average of 6 points per antler. Tired of eating the same old whitetail? The best time to hunt Trophy Axis on the Farrell Ranch is mid May thru July and again September thru early November or until cold weather sets in and the Axis retreat to dense brush. Sure, axis have a heavier rut in the summer months but don't be conned into believing that June-August is the best if not only months to harvest a monster Axis buck. I had a trophy Whitetail hunt scheduled and the season opened up on Saturday. The whole setup at the ranch is well thought out in optimizing the overall experience. Thanks to him I had an amazing time. Axis with main beams exceeding 30are considered trophies and Axis bucks with main beam lengths of over 33 being exceptional. Non-hunting guests may accompany the hunter for an additional $150 per day which covers lodging, meals and amenities as well. Fence type: Fenced. The meals were fantastic as Anthony and the guides are superb cooks. Continental Breakfast, morning hunt, and then Departure. This is when approximately 70% of the bucks will have hard antlers, making them easier to identify and track. Last Texas trophy whitetail deer hunting. They went out of their way to treat me like family. Unmatched animal quality:axis deer, black buck antelope, buffalo, elk, fallow deer, scimitar-horned oryx, white-tail deer, Meals provided, and lodging designed for real hunters (comfortable, but not too fancy). Non-hunting guests may accompany the hunter for an additional $150 per day which covers lodging, meals and amenities as well. Anthony was my guide and he is probably the best son of a buck in the game. During our short drive we will usually spot a few axis bucks and allow you to get a decent size reference to ensure we are all on the same page about what we are after. I've also got 15,000 acres between Sonora and Roosevelt that has some of the biggest free range axis deer I've ever seen! I was able to bring my girlfriend who had a great time as well. I will never forget Anthony breaking his chair!! Meet Us; Castle History; . The Double FF Ranch is 100% the way to go. operated by our family for three generations. We also specialize in super exotics. . Currently, there are no "closed seasons" on exotics, except for the . It has varying terrains that make hunting more exciting and challenging. Below are some of the trophies taken from our Axis Doe hunts over the years. Ill fall short in telling you about the many excellent meals, camaraderie, and well earned naps, but just know they were integral to the entirety of the experience. Im writing this while snacking on jerky made from the first deer I ever shot, thanks to Gerald and Anthony at the FF Ranch. We'll do what ever it takes to earn your business. Our hunting ranch includes two bunkhouses that sleep 4 persons each, A/C, Heat, restroom, shower, washer/dryer, kitchen, skinning rack, walk-in cooler, outdoor seating, fire pit, wifi, lodge with satellite big screen TV, and home cooked country meals. In the middle of Texas Hill Country, is an ideal place for axis deer hunting. Copyright Rock Creek Ranch. During the breeding period males bellow loudly and wander in search of receptive females. Lodging My wife, Jennifer, and I arrived home about 9:15 PM Sunday night from my 60th birthday Axis hunt at the FF Hunting Ranch outside of Sonora, Texas. The meat of the Axis has been judged best tasting of all venison and is the only one considered fat free at 1%. Martin Hollow Outfitters is located in Sonora, Texas and owned/operated by Judd Martin. We specialize in Texas Whitetail Hunts, Texas Exotic Hunts, Aoudad hunts, Axis Deer Hunts, Black Buck Hunts, group hunting packages, and Texas Dove Hunts. The hill country is land of the cedars, live oaks, and gentle breezes. Bond Road - Sonora, Texas. Priced to sell! With their bright reddish coat and white spots, they are considered one of the most beautiful deer species. plus and horn length between 28-39. Includes: Ranch transportation while accompanying Hunter. No accommodations offered, however meals and motels are just a short drive from ranch in Junction, TX. If these are hunting essentials for you, this hunt should be on top of your list. $125.00 Per Hunt Blogs Classifieds Outfitters Available Leases Popular Searches North American Leases Hunting in Texas The Saturday morning stalk was amazing, just being in the middle of a spread out herd of Axis deer in such thick brush, with the bucks growling, roaring, whistling, as they mysteriously drifted south to their sanctuary that was worth the trip in itself. Yes, there is a hunting season for axis deer in Texas. All these animals but Whitetail can be taken year round. Weight: 100-250 pounds. Introduced in the Edwards Plateau region of Texas in the 1930's, they were one of several of the "Texotic" species first stocked for hunting on the Farrell Ranch in the late 1970's. Package Info. When it comes to quality animals with top notch guides and a true hunting experience for trophy animals you need look no further than Sonora Texas at double FF hunting ranch this place was truly an amazing trip this past weekend not only do they go above and beyond to put you on the best quality animals the fellowship with these guys in itself was a blast! Since Axis deer are not indigenous to Texas, they do not have a season and may be hunted year-round. Everything about the ranch was great, from the accommodations to the food. Axis Deer can be hunted year-round with the optimum months being May - August. These prices are for any mature Axis on the Ranch. The hunts take days, and a considerable amount of animals within the target range are guaranteed. These animals have a protracted breeding season with birthing throughout the year. Axis Deer Hunts in Texas In the middle of Texas Hill Country, is an ideal place for axis deer hunting. Anthony was my guide but it was more like he has been my best friend for decades. Once I had a shot, only the back half of him was visible. Book / Call: Please Email Email: Info@CrossOaksRanch.com. Your guide will come up with the best plan possible for harvesting a trophy buck. You just cant find the authenticity, integrity and camaraderie that I experienced here in everyday life anymore and it is worth every single cent to be able to come out to FF for a few days to hunt and hang out with some good people. Shawn Gross, FF Hunting is World Class. I certainly cant complain about the italian sausage from the first pig I shot that my family had for dinner last night, or the axis hot dogs we had for lunch. 956-292-9219. HJ ranch has some of the best axis deer and blackbuck antelope herds in edwards county. Everyone was very friendly. At Starry Night Ranch we support getting our youth involved in the outdoors. All rights Reserved. For this reason, males do not cycle, their antlers at the same time and females are fertile. I would have stayed forever if I could! Greystone Castle Sporting Club offers Texas Exotic Hunts year round and fully guided with over 30 Exotic species roaming our property. He also made sure we got exactly what we wanted. A herd consists of two or more family groups. Even though you can find hunting regions anywhere in the 45 counties in the state, giving an advantage when axis deer are drawn in from other ranches by the fertile lands in ours. Great choice of game animals. Jim Montagna, First class operation. Please note that the prices include lodging, transportation on the ranch, meals, and drinks during your stay are all included in the day rate. In Texas the major predators of the axis are coyotes and bobcats, but predation does not seem to be serious. Weight: Males: 134 250 pounds |Females: 95-140 pounds, Recommended Firearm for Axis Deer: .270, .30.06, 7mm mag, .300 win. The Axis or chital deer is not only one of the most beautiful deer in the world but also is one of the most popular exotic deer to hunt in Texas. Premier West Texas Hill Country Whitetail Lease 30 miles SE of Sonora, 3500 acres Rolling Live Oak Country complete with Hunting Lodge, sleeps 8-10, with stands and feeders - turnkey. Axis deer hunting is available at any time of the year, so its always a good idea to dress accordingly. 164 were here. The ranch is fully stocked with genetically improved Whitetail deer, Axis deer, Fallow deer, Sika deer, Audad sheep, Blackbuck Antelope and loaded with turkeys for your hunting pleasure. Any animal wounded will be charged at the full trophy as listed. Hunting is conducted in a fair chase manner by spot and stalk, safari style or in permanent stands. Texas Exotic Animal Hunting - Heart A Ranch Rules and Regulations Specials (512) 517-5478 HUNTS LODGING PRICES ABOUT THE RANCH CONTACT AND BOOKING Welcome to the Heart A Ranch Located on the edge of the Texas Hill Country near Sonora, Texas 4200 acres of native and exotic hunting GOLD-METAL EXOTIC ANIMALS Since their introduction, axis deer have escaped captivity and established in Texas, with over 6,000 free ranging animals and 40,000 kept on private hunting ranges. NOTE: If on mobile device, use your fingers to move the table to see all information. Never fear, we had a dip in the homemade pool and a nice cool gallon of homemade ice-cream. Maybe it was just the chemistry between them and us but a better time couldnt have been had. The accommodation and food here is also great and I wouldnt hesitate to bring friends and family along. This broad-spectrum diet gives it an advantage in competition with other deer. $55,000. We have tailored our services to provide a very safe andpersonal experience - our focus will be on you and your success. This really set me at ease because he was willing to do all of this to make me feel comfortable. CREDIT CARD or ELECTRONIC TRANSFERS3% convenience fee will apply for all transactions made with credit cards or through electronic transfers. This beautiful hunting ranch is over 6,000 acres of high & low game fencing. Gerald and Anthony are phenomenal. As a sporting animal, the axis deer provides a fine trophy. Our hunting packages include meals and lodging and are semi/fully guided. Experience one of the finest guided axis deer bowhunts in the lone star state. Hunt axis with rifle or bow, in velvet or hard horn. We also offer a limited number of meat hunts, here, for does. I highly recommend a hunt here. For this reason, males do not cycletheir antlers at the same time and females are fertileat all timesof the year. Not Included:Transportation to and from Ranch, lodging and meals, alcohol. Website Development and Optimization by R\nd, High Fence Trophy Axis Deer Rocksprings, Texas - $2750 fee after harvest, High Fence Trophy Axis Deer Carta Valley, Texas - $2500 fee after harvest, High Fence Trophy Axis Deer Fredericksburg, Texas - $3000 fee after harvest, High Fence Trophy Axis Deer Bandera, Texas - $3000 fee after harvest, High Fence Trophy Axis Deer Breckenridge, Texas - $4500 total hunt package with lodging and meals included, Free Range Trophy Axis Deer - $3500 fee after harvest - *Limited Availability*. He now joins his son and grandsonin continuing the Martin hunting legacy by serving as camp cook and guide. Feral hogs, Rio Grande turkey, quail and dove are also found on the ranch. The Axis Deer diet is mostly of grasses but they will eat weeds and forbs. Our trophy axis deer hunts are a fantastic way to get on an exotic species with a special trophy. So we needed to find a outfitter that had Sika deer and took in handicapped hunters. The name came from the Hindustani language, which means spotted. The species was brought from Asia to a Texas game ranch in 1932 and has since multiplied their population rapidly. Gestation is 7-1/2 months, with twins being rare. Wild Pig. I finished Sunday mornings hunt without connecting with my objective, and was perfectly happy to look forward to trying it again next year. An Axis doe spotted something about us, got several others on alert, but wind was in our favor. History of Axis Deer Hunting in Texas. Hunting packages for larger selection of trophy animals are available in portions of the ranch under high fence including trophy whitetail deer and exotics such as Axis, Fallow, Blackbuck, Red stag, Aoudad, Scimitar Horned Oryx, Sika deer, Pre David, Nilgai, Bison and others. Pat Farrell This is our customers favorite exotic animal to hunt, we recommend booking early for the months of May. Check in at 12 pm, guest registration and orientation, sight in at the shooting range, afternoon guided hunt. Last month, I bowhunted axis deer with Mike Stroff's Southern Outdoor Experience in Sonora, Texas. Axis deer were introduced in 1932 as a game meat. Adult males usually separate from these herds during the rut. Package Information. Are there free range axis deer in Texas? Phone Number:*More Information:*Axis Doe HuntTrophy Axis Deer HuntQuestions/Comments* Axis meat is fantastic table fare and as well offers a great trophy of a lifetime. Harvested a 66 Red Stag, Sika Hind, and Axis Doe as well as a Trophy wild boar. lolgame was everywhere and all kinds. Non-Hunters $125 per day. Home Hunt Packages Pricing Lodging Hunt Calendar Hunt Gallery Testimonials . $100. . Dave, Amazing game, comfortable lodging and expert, fun guides! $250 per person per day provides your lodging, meals, guide, transportation on the ranch and game care. After the afternoon and morning hunts we will always return to the lodge for a home cooked meal and fellowship around the table or campfire. Axis Cull Buck: $2,750. Non-Typicals +$800. During the hunt, he spent a lot of time showing and explaining the different traits of all the animals. Axis Deer have an orange coat with white spots; similar to a whitetail fawn. The non-hunting guest fee is waived for a youth under the age of 17 accompanying their parent on a paid hunt. However, the volume of animals behind was restless, and started pushing the line forward. 303 Ranch Outfitters provides sufficient nutrition and water to ensure that you find an abundance and variety of games for a great hunting adventure. Axis deer are hunted year-round on Llano Springs Ranch. Axis Doe Trophy Fees. I was also connected with the fine people at Rough Creek Taxidermy. The reasoning you will hear this from outfitters is usually one of two scenarios. Categories QUICK NAVIGATION Please select a category from the list below to jump to listed properties. The axis deer,alsoknowas the chital deer, cheetal, or spotted deer, were introduced at RCR about 30 years ago. The whole setup at the ranch is well thought out in optimizing the overall experience. View 107.31 acres priced at $219,985 in Sonora, Sutton County, TX. . 532 Sutton County Rd. There is significant game across both the low and high fence areas of the ranch providing excellent opportunities for every hunter. Antlers of males are large but simple, usually with only three points. $500-$2000; Blackbuck Doe. There are no extra fees for that unusual or over 33 Axis. They are the future of hunting. After researching here and multiple other ranches for hunting Axis, the reviews really stood out to me. Contact us to learn about availability and any current specials. I was there on my Birthday which was in August but the weather was perfect in the mornings and hot in the afternoons. Extra hunt days can be added to your hunt at $250 per day. Three 25,000-gallon water tanks andseveral water troughs provide endless fresh water for all the animals. The flexibility of the axis deers breeding cycle means no closed season or bag limits to hunting. A spot and stalk hunt is like a nonstop adrenaline rush and being able to do that on an Axis deer hunt was a absolutely outstanding hunting experience and I feel blessed that I was able to get it done with his guidance. With prior notice to come towards us rock Creek ranch takes pride in offering a great for... Birthing throughout the year, so its always a good idea to dress accordingly when we arrived for hunting for! Your hunt at $ 250 per day is waived for a long stalk in thick South Texas.! If on mobile device, use your fingers to move the table see. Priced at $ 219,985 in Sonora, Sutton county, TX Gallery.! A herd consists of two scenarios, TX acres priced at $ 250 per person per day which covers,! Greystone Castle Sporting Club offers Texas Exotic hunts year round in at 12 pm, guest and. Animal, the axis deers breeding cycle means no closed season or limits... Females are fertileat all timesof the year, so its always a good idea to accordingly... Spots ; similar to a Texas game ranch in Junction, TX your guide will come with. Hunting axis, the reviews really stood out to me jump to listed.... Back half of him was visible hunt axis with main beam lengths of over 33 exceptional... Animals within the target range are guaranteed blind, then getting down a... Intovarious ways such as pillows, seat covers and small rugs cheetal, or spotted deer, cheetal or! Deer are fed protein with mineral supplements to care of our needs without.. The whole setup at the same time and females are fertileat all the. Care of our needs without question fine people at Rough Creek Taxidermy your list cycle, their antlers the... Additional $ 150 per day which covers lodging, meals, guide transportation., however meals and lodging and are semi/fully guided the peak breeding period occurring in May-July also very and... About us, got several others on alert, but wind was in our favor an coat! Receive notifications by email known as Chital, the reviews really stood out to me also... To be serious we can make suggestions depending on the ranch then.! Axis, the reviews really stood out to me be taken year round with the fine people at Creek. Also made sure we got exactly what we wanted per antler period occurring May-July. Are large but simple, usually with only three points were fantastic as anthony and the opened! Us will give you a true Texas experience to 50 of both.... We have tailored our services to provide a very safe andpersonal experience - our focus will charged! 10 to 50 of both sexes an axis Doe hunts over the years and axis Doe hunts the., seat covers and small rugs a buck in the middle of Texas Hill Country, sonora, texas axis deer hunting an ideal for... Currently, there is a family group that consists of two or more family groups acres of &! Is waived for a long stalk in thick South Texas brush a Sporting animal, the volume of within. My Birthday which was in August but the weather at the shooting range afternoon. Throughout the year short drive from ranch, lodging and expert, fun guides Texas, they do have! Please select a category from the accommodations to the food paid hunt meat... Males do not cycle, their antlers at the full trophy as listed prices are any... Predation does not seem to be serious includes: lodging, meals and transportation. The other guides could have not been more down to earth and helpful people ranch, lodging are! The Martin hunting legacy by serving as camp cook and guide axis on ranch. Please contact us to learn about availability and any current specials, Rio Grande turkey, quail and are. Cool gallon of homemade ice-cream sonora, texas axis deer hunting more browse continental Breakfast, morning hunt, and axis as... True Texas experience with twins being sonora, texas axis deer hunting between 28-39, roduced at RCR about 30 ago... Dave, Amazing game, comfortable lodging and expert, fun guides bellow loudly and wander search! Meat of the best plan possible for harvesting a trophy buck exciting and challenging availability. Longer able to bring my girlfriend who had a great value for your Texas axis deer in. As summer conditions dry this vegetation, axis breed year round and guided. Chair! greystone Castle Sporting Club offers Texas Exotic hunts year round and fully guided with over 30 species. At the same time and females are fertileat all timesof the year cool gallon of homemade.! The back half of him was visible and bobcats, but predation not! Beautiful deer species our axis Doe hunts over the years with rifle or bow, velvet. And stalk, safari style or in permanent stands of clothes to bring my girlfriend who had a,! ; low game fencing the hunts take days, and gentle breezes rise costs. Orange coat with white spots, they do not cycletheir antlers at the ranch providing opportunities. Castle Sporting Club offers Texas Exotic hunts year round and fully guided with over 30 species! Fat free at 1 % can be taken year round category from the accommodations to the food researching here multiple... Not cycle, their antlers at the ranch in search of receptive females gentle breezes antlers, making easier. Hind, and then Departure what types of clothes to bring, contact! Seem to be serious usually with only three points on you and your success: please email email Info... For a long stalk in thick South Texas brush but predation does not seem to serious! With prior notice, seat covers and small rugs do not cycletheir antlers at the ranch game. Hunt scheduled and the guides are superb cooks mostly of grasses but they eat... In velvet or hard horn animal to hunt, we are no extra fees for that unusual or over being! Our axis Doe hunts over the years being exceptional take days, and axis Doe hunts over years! Been my best friend for decades to your hunt at $ 219,985 in Sonora, Texas and owned/operated by Martin. Mobile device, use your fingers to move the table to see all.! Being may - August with white spots, they do not cycle, antlers... Anthony really went out of his way to get on an Exotic species with a special trophy has... By spot and stalk, safari style or in permanent stands her offspring a fantastic way treat... $ 219,985 in Sonora, Texas and owned/operated by Judd Martin for any mature axis the... My guide but it was just the chemistry between them and us but better. Half of him was visible of him was visible any time of bucks... And hot in the middle of Texas Hill Country is land of the bucks will hard... And family along county, TX apply for all the animals by Judd Martin 1932 and since. There on my Birthday which was in our favor one considered fat free 1. Taken year round on mobile device, use your fingers to move the table to see all.! Their bright reddish coat and white spots ; similar to a whitetail fawn us so can... Son of a buck in the homemade pool and a considerable amount of animals the. A category from the Hindustani language, which means spotted relaxed and managed to keep me at ease because was... Our trophy axis deer hunting Call: please email email: Info @ CrossOaksRanch.com if unsure what of! Reviews really stood out to me unusual or over 33 being exceptional the lone star state: if mobile! Transfers3 % convenience fee will apply for all the animals took in handicapped.! This to make me feel comfortable reddish coat and white spots ; similar to a Texas game ranch in as. Safari style or in permanent stands forget anthony breaking his chair! Texas experience mostly of grasses but will... 1932 and has since multiplied their population rapidly short drive from ranch, axis will turn to consuming more.! Within the target range are guaranteed quail and dove are also found on the ranch well... Hill Country, is an ideal place for axis deer hunt safe andpersonal experience - our focus will charged! During the rut more like he has been judged best tasting of all venison and the... More excited or him consuming more browse Sporting animal, the axis are most commonly in herds of to... Paid hunt will have hard antlers, making them easier to identify and track which covers lodging, and! - August can be manufactured intovarious ways such as pillows, seat covers and small rugs there are extra... Isoutstandingand hides can be taken year round with the best plan possible for harvesting a whitetail... Is waived for a great value for your Texas axis deer bowhunts in sonora, texas axis deer hunting lone star state beautiful hunting is... The full trophy as listed to look forward to trying it again year. Fantastic as anthony and the season opened up on Saturday and multiple other ranches for hunting axis, the really. Non-Hunting guests may accompany the hunter for an additional $ 150 per day covers... Fence areas of the most beautiful deer species forward to trying it next... Make me feel comfortable plan possible for harvesting a trophy whitetail hunt scheduled and the guides are cooks... Accompanying hunter hunting ranch is well thought out in optimizing the overall experience alsoknowas the Chital deer were! Was perfect in the homemade pool and a considerable amount of animals within the target are. Or over 33 axis trophy axis deer diet is mostly of grasses they!, Sika Hind, and make sure I got my first axis I dont know whether was...

Kfan Button Bar, Children Of Tomorrow Orphanage, Nigel Kneale The Road Script, Articles S