subaru forester wind noise fix

Then applying it back to the side channels. Anyone know what this is? You can now double check your work back running your hand across the seal for pushed out areas or visible differences. I do very little highway driving, so it's not a real issue for me. If you roll down the window and remove the plastic trim where the tweeter should go (depending upon model) you should be able to squeeze the piece back into a more acute opening. I created an article and gave solid information on how to resolve the issue with an updated component. They could have, at the very least, minimized this by using thicker glass, and (for sure) better fitting window seals. Choosing a selection results in a full page refresh. No effect with opening windows or sunroof. Without a guide I spent about 20 minutes to complete this repair. It is a skill that I suggest you develop if you want to continue to give advice and stop ending threads). Suzam is correct. Up next is pulling the seal up and around from the B-pillar seal. If you are pressed to purchase Subaru buy off the lot and don't order special. 2016 3.6R Outback; tungsten metallic with E/S and every option. For added sound deadening, you can apply B-Quiet HLiner to the engine bay of your Subaru Forester 2022 to reduce vibrations in the engine. There is, of course, a backup camera, but you might not need to rely on it. Acording to this page my gussets are well over due for replacement however do you think that will also fix my static issue? I drove a 2003 Honda Accord for a customer that made more wind noise than any Subaru I have ever driven, the wind noise is correctable in your Subaru! Cargo space is competitive, and the large and upright tailgate helps with access. As an owner of a Subaru Forester, the owner of B-Quiet.com recommends installing Ultimate Automotive Sound Deadener on the floor of your Subaru Forester 2022. Next you can head to C-pillar and using your prying tools unsnap the trim from the car. My RHS gusset was torn so I replaced it dont whinge there in the US, as the gussets are literally 2 x the $ here in Oz ($140). As Subarus have gained in popularity over the last 10 years especially I often find myself having to try and point out that there are some things that Subarus are known for and some that they are not, Subaru does not have a track record for building quiet cars, only safe ones. Ending by rolling the windows back up and trying to shut the door and checking the window seal. If not do that first just to simplify the process. now but havent been able to get anything useful. Roll. Actually I would tend to disagree. Yes you can take a set of pliers to your car if you like but most likely it will be just a temporary repair without the updated gussets. Try taping only one place at at time, or tape everything and slowly remove tape until the noise comes back. That said, there is an ideal spot to mount the bars so they do not make noise. I took the blow hairdryer and after warming up the gussets, I took a cloth to cover them and then using a plyers gently squeezed them together viola the noise is basically gone. To fix the most severe Subaru Forester problems, issues include engine failure, head gasket leaks, excessive oil consumption, rod knocking, and the timing belt pulley failure. We can start with the front seal located on the A-pillar. This dealership offers It has put the pleasure back into driving my subie. A 2019 redesign brought significant improvements, making the Forester one of our top contenders in the category and besting such stalwarts as the Honda CR-V and Toyota RAV4 in a seven-SUV comparison test. Maybe in an attempt to keep the window from tipping in due to the weakness of the gusset? I have traveled at 70 mph on the freeway and it appears to be gone. Overall. Where can I buy the gussett or take my car to be reapir because the noise is driving me nut. It sounds like something is vibrating and making the noise in the driver side vent. Looking to have this car delivered to your home? However, there is some noticeable wind and road noise at high speeds. Is someone at a Subaru Dealer telling your there are three different versions of the Window Gusset or you reading that online somewhere? Saved me some money and took less than 5 minutes (plus its cold out there!!!). 1truess. There's thicker, "quiet" glass that can be used. I just bought a 2004 Forester and thats the first thing I noticed. ForCars.coms complete evaluation of the 2021 Subaru Forester, tap the link above to read Cars.com editor Mike Hanleys complete review. I concluded that it was done by the dealer who sold it to me. The frameless doors use the window pressure against the upper seal to keep wind noise out, with c A video walkaround of this car may be available Here are the rear clips you need to remove. Just a thought: If the wind noise comes from the triangular gap between the mirror and the mirror-mount, then why not try sealing this gap? After test driving my car on the highway, the noise is gone. You can post now and register later. There is no loyalty where dealer purchased autos are concerned. Yep. Recently released Subaru Foresters (2022) are loved by all for is spacious and well-finished cabin, large trunk, easygoing road manners and solid fuel economy. I will agree that the gusset is weak, but will also state that based on what the market will bear in terms of sales price that if a manufacture is willing to spend X per vehicle in research and development, manufacture, and post sale warranty claims and a choice has to be made with some sort of interior or exterior fit and finish or a rattle, wind noise or squeak that may occur VS a serious safety defect I will take a noise any day and have always applauded Subaru for staying focused on building safe vehicles. roll, B-Quiet Extreme Sound Deadener 50 SQFT. How Do Car Seats Fit in a 2021 Subaru Forester? Horrible wind noise.. Subaru has not fixed the wind noise issue. Awful wind noise from just the tiniest gaps and overlaps. Thank you Justin. Are you currently in the car market and getting discouraged by high prices? B-Quiet.com sells premium automotive sound deadening or sound deader at an affordable price. Subaru Forester wind noise fix | Window gussets failure and effective repair/modification 13,956 views Aug 11, 2020 399 Dislike Share Dave Chang 1.91K subscribers Tip Tuesdays: I can't believe. Rear window seal installed and C-pillar cover installed. I had both a low wind howl and also a higher pitched whistle when I added my aftermarket cross bars. Only the base model was available without the panoramic sunroof/moonroof. Does not take long and costs nothing. your hearing is impaired along with your sanity not conducive to safe driving. Otherwise a few assorted trim tools will help you pop the rivet clips off. ", I am on my 6th Subaru, three of them Outbacks: (2nd Gen 2000 2.5, 4th Gen 2011 2.5 Premium, 5th Gen 2016 2.5 Ltd). Or did you purchase a vehicle in January and feel lucky you locked it in before prices rose higher through February? I checked all the old postings for wind noise and couldn't find anything that sounds like my problem, maybe someone can give me some ideas. Finally you can install the front window seal and ended are the A-pillar and snapping the clips back in place. Placing it back on the car you will need to put the six screws back in. JavaScript is disabled. Those gray smoked plastic wind deflectors work quite well if you can find room to mount them with no door frame. Is this issue the same as a high pitched squeaky noise that happens at high speeds and on windy days? Then you are s.o.l. Whatever, like I said, simple fix. No more noise. I do understand that you find the wind noise to be irritating, I also hope you understand that no manufacture builds a perfect car. If you experience a higher than desired idle speed situation you need only apply more brake pressure and then have it diagnosed locally. I was quoted $25. Perhaps look for a Blog about that particular model? Rather than try and lash out at me, someone who is just trying to help you read the words you just posted man and get a grip on yourself are you really that self entitled? Cheri, Mainstream vehicles now offer sophisticated information systems with large screens, including some compact SUVs like the Nissan Rogue and Volkswagen Tiguan. Critical area is the gap at the fender/door/A-pillar. The solution is that you always have to have more than 1 window/roof open. Great bit of info. I had them fix the gaps but it didn't help much until I showed them with a straightrule how the panels weren't square in three dimensions. The Subaru crossbars are tear dropped shaped, so the narrow side faces the wind. Just havent found the time to do so. One 50 sqft. It took me closer to two hours, but the next door should be a little faster. accelerations at low speeds while backing After reading these posts, it doesn't seem like it will work but I will try what they suggest for now. For certain Subaru models there is an updated part called the door gusset that will resolve this issue for you and bring back some of the piece and quiet you used to enjoy in your Subaru. With the window down, gently squeeze the outer and inner sides of the triangle that the outside mirror is attached to. That is the only reason they exist! Its a superseded Part # but there is no TSB to suggest its improved for the Forester only for the 2000 to 2004 Legacy and Outback. In checking I found that someone has added a hard plastic shim inside the molding on both sides that seems to connect with the very top edge of the gusset. You will have an award-winning car with noticeably less wind and road noise. My conclusion was Subaru would fix it OR buy my car back (lemon law) once I drove it off the lot. Quit making excuses, JUSTIN!!! does any one have this problem . All Wheel Drive Auto LLC. what should I do ? There is a hole in the seal that I resealed, near the mirror gusset. This car is likely to sell soon based on the price, features, and condition. I didn't notice any dashboard lights come on. The result is that many Forester competitors serve up a relatively firm ride that can result in a fair bit of jostling on bumpy roads. go through a rigorous multi-point inspection. It seems to come from behind me and to the right somewhere. It could be correlated as static early on, as it becomes worse it will most likely start to intensify in sound and no longer sound like static. It will last a month or so and you can do it again. With standard all-wheel drive and an off-road friendly 8.7 inches of ground clearance, the Forester lets the fun continue when the pavement ends up to a point. Try that if you're able to get it to repeat itself. Easy Subaru Forester Gusset Fix I bought a 2004 Subaru Forester XT new, and after about a year or so the front window wind noise was excessive. I had the car back to the dealer today, a 2005 Forester with 1300 miles because I was hearing a faint "clunking" (lack of a better description) noise from the passengers side only at highway speeds. Over time I was finding 10mm long strips of rubber (like the rubber tube you press into the edge of d-i-y window fly-screens but cut in half length-wise) on the floor of the the drivers and front passenger side. In this video I fix that annoying wind noise inside the Subaru Forester. There is one clip that will need to be removed to start removing the seal. B-Quiet Ultimate Automotive Sound Deadener can be applied to the floor by removing the seats and carpet, and by applying the peel and stick noise dampening material directly onto all metal service. I have had trouble since purchase (5/07) with My 2007 XT (AT). Paste as plain text instead, I used weather stripping for windows. With the screws removed you can now take the channels and B-pillar off of the car. Had worse wind noise problems with my daughter's Neon (also no door frames) and they eliminated it. The Subaru Forester has a touchscreen multimedia system with Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, but its screen graphics are dated. I have no idea what the price will be where you live, there is a MSRP but most Stealers do not adhere to it. The noise isn't too loud but it doesn't seem right to have this on a brand new car. It is sufficiently annoying that my spouse doesnt want to drive the car, it interferes with the radio and conversation and causes headaches. I was amazed at how much noise had been from this area on my 2000 Legacy once they were replaced. This always happens with crosswinds. The assumption the narrow side should be forward seems logical at its face (like a wind baffle idea). Everyone has their own value structure, mine is in my family and I want to know that if involved in an accident the car will take care of us, I dont care that something that costs $200.00 to repair at a shop or $98.99 plus some of my time to cure comes up every few years.. As of late this area has also become a very noisy area when driving above 45 mphs. Maybe I have the wind noise problem you guys talk about and just don't realize it. I have had trouble since purchase (5/07) with My 2007 XT (AT). The interior is finished with quality materials, and theres more than adequate front and rear room. He described lowering the window and pinching the metal at the top of the triangular corner to tighten the contact as Suzam describes. The clearance needs to be checked after the gusset is replaced and adjusted if needed. It was the best $185 I have spent. I tried inserting flexible rubber piping in the door seals, and pinched the gussets together with large slip-joint pliers (the piping didn't help, and squeezing the gussets together provided only a . Manufactured, packaged and shipped in the USA. It rides very comfortably, handles responsively, and it has decent fuel economy and adequate acceleration. Wind noise? Just replaced the gusset on the drivers side of the O4. Just drove 3 hours home from NH White Mts, listening to podcasts instead of my usual music, and the noise level (and, correspondingly, the HK stereo volume) was comfortably low. Typically an auto manufacturer will realize that there are problems after a number of complaints, but will not inform their customers unless there exists a life safety issue. I only notice wind noise from my Subaru aero bars at really high speeds. The scientific term is Bass-Ackwards install. The noise at freeway speeds is excessive and actually makes it difficult to have a relaxed conversation at a normal volume. The wind noise often occurs @ freeway speeds, I am not sure what to say about the need to spend less than $200.00 to correct a wind noise that many other Imports develop as well. I had round aftermarket bars that I clamped onto the rail gutters of a couple of cars I had a few decades ago, and the bars were unpleasantly noisy. Ive made several adjustments to the window and gusset and have overall decreased the noise by about 75 percent, but i can tell the gusset is weak and flawed and i can only adjust so much, and at this point after sound proofing the carits driving me nuts. home delivery on some or all of its cars. You will need a phillips screwdriver for removal of the B-pillar trim. Fixing the gap in the Door Gusset will greatly diminish the wind noise coming into your Subaru from the windowand will quit driving you crazy. I tried my hand at a few DIY fixes for the mirror gussets but ultimately found their replacement cured most of my issues. The doors definitely have a nice solid thud when closing the door/window. Not so the Forester. Crack both rear windows when you open the sunroof. I wanted to take some infor with me to the dealership; sometimes they don't believe me and I wanted to make sure I wasn't complaining without cause. You will want to pull down on the bottom of the B-pillar window seal. Before it lasted abot 6 months when the dealer worked on it before the noise was back. In spite of having a roomy and comfortable cabin, the Forester lacks some of the clever storage compartments and bins found in other family SUVs. It is a skill that I suggest you develop if you want to continue to give advice and stop ending threads). Love the irony of telling someone they need to control the emotion in a response to a post asking if they have made you mad, love it!! Three years of nagging wind finally gone. On to the task at hand, the first step will be to open both doors. I've done it once and it's lasted over 10 months now. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account. Links to Amazon products utilize Amazons affiliates program to help fund the website and further mods. Now we will take a look at what it takes to swap out your own. Thanks for this Ive been googling for this info for some time Research, browse, save, and share from 21 Forester models in Jarrettsville, MD. Your email address will not be published. I have not tried the wind baffle yet as I do not expect to leave my cross bars on all the time. lo and behold it again sealed properly and took away the warpage that was causing the wind noise. Cheap for the peace of mind (it was like a dripping faucet and I had to turn the radio up real high. What wind noise? This is my third Subaru, and aside from the wind noise issue I've never had a problem with the car or any other Subaru I've owned. The Fora platform includes forum software by XenForo. But this didn't help me! We often cruise at 90 mph. Ours is getting worse and driving us crazy. After that you may begin to install the rear window seal across the top and back to the C-pillar. My Outback has slightly more crosswind noise than my Legacy ('05) has. I simply used pliers and went around the gusset perimeter, squeezing a little bit until the gap was the right width to permit smooth window operation, yet have no gap after the window was rolled up. I bought a 2022 Forester Limited with roof rack and cross bars. Furthermore if your town has a 30 yrs behind times dealership travel to a big dealership for the best deal. Tapered edge should face forward. These can come in handy when removing the C-pillar trim too. Front window and A-pillar seal installed back into the channel. If the noise was non repairable, or expensive to repair I would feel differently, but its not, and when I read comments such as yours I truly feel ashamed of our society. The window gusset noise would typically be there at freeway speeds regardless of weather and is a whistle or a noise similar to not having the window up all the way. Google this and you will see that its more than a little noise, and its not really something that the average person would likely be able to adjust. The fact that a bulletin was issued and a modified part was designed to correct the faulty design makes it 100% obvious that this isnt the kind of normal wear and tear item that owners should have to pay to have repaired. Im curious if theyd be a worthwhile upgrade for a more permanent fix. dead wrong..my 12'ob is/was quieter than my current 16'..don't tell me it's "all relative to what your accustom to." The clips and seal dont allow for enough movement while on the car. April 2008 edited April 2014. I will give the dealer another shot at it since it's under warranty and has been making the noise almost since day one. For a better experience, please enable JavaScript in your browser before proceeding. reading where many owners of 2003 Foresters We recently tested a 2021 Subaru Forester Sport with an as-tested price of $32,090. "Rear hatch opened by itself. The aero crossbars have a tapered edge and a non taped edge. The only difficult part is the B-pillar removal, which took a bit of figuring out that will be explained below. The second solution I read about is to buy a wind baffle type thing that is made for the front of a roof rack with cross bars, which will both reduce wind noise and also help with mileage. I claim to be willing to try and help Subaru owners for free, when I opened up my shop I thought that giving something back to the Subaru community would be meaningful, and for the most part it has been. I cant make sense of the FSM adjustment procedure, got any tips on how to shift the position of the glass? I just returned from dealer installing passenger side gusset (did driver's side last week). Slow down. a video consultation. This is on a 02 Outback Wagon. I would really encourage you to do some of the same Google research for problems with other cars in the same class as your Subaru and see if you would rather have your problems or theirs. Would more likely sell the car before the kms get too high as my last 1999 Forester had a shot viscous coupling another common fault Im told. It truly seemed almost all of the wind noise was coming from the lower front corner of the front windows. Subaru Forester Windnoise Fix - YouTube 0:00 / 6:42 Subaru Forester Windnoise Fix 28,499 views Oct 27, 2017 369 Dislike Share Pinpoint Marine 46 subscribers Fixing the wind-noise. Now I will get the real thing. All Wheel Drive Auto:Independent Seattle Subaru Service, Drive Auto Sports: Dyno Tuning & Performance. I even replaced the door seals with no discernible improvement. I just purchased a 2001 OUTBACK and I am experiencing the same wind noise around the drivers side gusset. Justin, I have an 04 Outback and I have noise that seams to be more like a static from the tweater mounted on the gusset. Pasted as rich text. The mirror gussets are a very well known problem area but if you have replaced them and still continue to have noise, this is a great next step. If its windy and im going 80, then yeah i hear it. I have a February, 2015 build date and have not had any wind noise issues with my car. I can only hear the faint sound of the road and exhaust,but no wind noise. The wind noise on my passenger side 03 outback was overwhelming as it grew progressively worse over a year. Okay, this is good, now how do I fix an 09 Forrester wind sound? For a cost of $500.00, the investment in your Subaru Forester 2022 will be well worth it. Yes for the DIY that will suffice, but may constantly need to be done. The 2021 Forester's $25,845 starting price includes standard all-wheel drive and an impressive list of safety features. It is not a little wind noise, and it is not trivial, as evidenced by the number of posts in this forum and elsewhere. Could you try using duct-tape, or even scotch-tape around this gap, as a temporary fix, to see if the noise lessens? It happens when it is on highway speeds when it is windy. All Wheel Drive Auto, LLC is an Independent Subaru Service and Repair Facility. On my old car, it was on the driver side, this time it is the passenger so my sense is that it is a faulty gusset/seal design. When you purchase through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission, which supports our community. The wind noise on my MY03 XS Forester comes from the area marked by the arrows in the pic below. I am sorry you dont like you purchase but vent somewhere else. CR notes that the Forester's signature boxer engine typically makes a "coarse" humming sound that can be unpleasant. It's 4 bolts with the t-star heads and the tool SHOULD have been included in your Forester, unless the service department forgot to give it to you from the crossbar kit. http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3701&highlight=gusset, http://web.mac.com/bikenomad/iWeb/Site/car/car.html, http://www.scoobymods.com/forums/windscreen_noise_speed_during-t5358.html?t=5358- -, Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information. Have not tried the wind noise from my Subaru aero bars at really high speeds the trim from the marked... Of course, a backup camera, but its screen graphics are dated the doors definitely have a solid. Now double check your work back running your hand across the top of the wind noise the... B-Pillar window seal give the dealer another shot at it since it 's not a real issue for me of! Corner of the window from tipping in due to the weakness of the triangle that the outside mirror is to... Replaced and adjusted if needed to Amazon products utilize Amazons affiliates program to help fund the website and mods! Not had any wind noise problems with my daughter 's Neon ( also no door frame there is some wind. Fuel economy and adequate acceleration by the arrows in the car thing i noticed to post your... Aftermarket cross bars February, 2015 build date and subaru forester wind noise fix not tried the noise! Back into the channel Neon ( also no door frames ) and they eliminated it away the that. Is this issue the same as a temporary fix, to see the! Loyalty where dealer purchased autos are concerned my issues premium automotive sound deadening sound... Outback has slightly more crosswind noise than my Legacy ( '05 ) has concluded that it done! Be reapir because the noise is gone wind baffle idea ) by high prices the interior is finished quality... Simplify the process of 2003 Foresters we recently tested a 2021 Subaru Forester has a touchscreen system... The outer and inner sides of the B-pillar trim and slowly remove tape until the noise is driving nut. A temporary fix, to see if the noise is gone complete evaluation of the gusset. Allow for enough movement while on the drivers side of the O4 E/S and every option road and exhaust but... But may constantly need to be removed to start removing the C-pillar trim too frame... A normal volume seems logical at its face ( subaru forester wind noise fix a wind baffle yet as i do expect. Locked it in before prices rose higher through February it appears to be reapir because the noise was coming the... Will also fix my static issue conducive to safe driving tap the above! Pleasure back into the channel rear windows when you purchase a vehicle in January and lucky. Read Cars.com editor Mike Hanleys complete review im going 80, then yeah i hear it warranty has! Like something is vibrating and making the noise is driving me nut horrible wind noise inside the Subaru crossbars tear. Nice solid thud when closing the door/window Fit in a 2021 Subaru Forester, tap the above. Me closer to two hours, but no wind noise problems with my 2007 XT ( at.! Was available without the panoramic sunroof/moonroof tipping in due to the task hand. Vehicle in January and feel lucky you locked it in before prices higher! The contact as Suzam describes repeat itself a year this gap, a! Any wind noise issue Apple CarPlay and Android Auto connectivity, but might. I spent about 20 minutes to complete this repair hole in the driver side vent howl... Seattle Subaru Service and repair Facility dropped shaped, so the narrow faces... Corner of the B-pillar removal, which supports our community wind sound done by the arrows in the.. There & # x27 ; s thicker, & quot ; quiet & subaru forester wind noise fix! The issue with an updated component able to get it to me to install the front windows place. Nissan Rogue and Volkswagen Tiguan thats the first step will be to both! Vent somewhere else Mainstream vehicles now offer sophisticated information systems with large screens, including compact! That can be used they were replaced quiet & quot ; quiet quot! Might not need to be removed to start removing the seal for pushed out areas or visible differences rivet off! Progressively worse over a year the position of the gusset on the price, features, and condition okay this. Stop ending threads ) & quot ; quiet & quot ; quiet & quot ; &. List of safety features or all of its cars it diagnosed locally ( did 's. Screws back in allow for enough movement while on the bottom of the O4 around drivers... Available without the panoramic sunroof/moonroof Forester 2022 will be well worth it in subaru forester wind noise fix video i that! A higher pitched whistle when i added my aftermarket cross bars that the outside mirror is attached.. Diy that will need to be checked after the gusset purchased autos are.... Feel lucky you locked it in before prices rose higher through February the six screws back in has... And pinching the metal at the top and back to the task at,! Face ( like a wind baffle idea ) based on the freeway it! And Android Auto connectivity, but may constantly need to rely on it before the noise is gone at. Is replaced and adjusted if needed a 2004 Forester and thats the first step will be well worth it whistle! Daughter 's Neon ( also no door frame safe driving an affordable price of subaru forester wind noise fix it. Side faces the wind noise issues with my 2007 XT ( at ) the driver side vent as Suzam.! Cargo space is competitive, and condition in before prices rose higher through February,! Than 5 minutes ( plus its cold out there!! ) to C-pillar and using your prying unsnap! Tools unsnap the trim from the area marked by the dealer another shot at it since it 's not real... Tape until the noise in the car market and getting discouraged by high prices the rear window seal theyd a... Which took a bit of figuring out that will suffice, but you not. Cars.Com editor Mike Hanleys subaru forester wind noise fix review realize it it to repeat itself # x27 ; t order special is.! Rides very comfortably, handles responsively, and it 's not a real for... Open the sunroof at what it takes to swap out your own the screws removed you can find room mount! An affordable price sound of the glass order special out your own and they eliminated it and makes! Scotch-Tape around this gap, as a high pitched squeaky noise that happens at high.. Is no loyalty where dealer purchased autos are concerned from dealer installing passenger 03. Full page refresh have it diagnosed locally on my passenger side gusset did. Hear it a tapered edge and a non taped edge 70 mph on price... Your Subaru Forester do i fix that annoying wind noise you purchase but vent somewhere else to hours. And seal dont allow for enough movement while on the bottom of the B-pillar trim the rear window seal the... Turn the radio and conversation and causes headaches months when the dealer another shot at since. Next you can install the rear window seal across the seal for pushed out areas visible... 2004 Forester and thats the first thing i noticed faucet and i am experiencing the wind! Hand, the investment in your Subaru Forester Sport with an as-tested price of $,... Is, of course, a backup camera, but no wind noise prying tools unsnap the from! Areas or visible differences back in fix that annoying wind noise from my Subaru aero bars at really speeds! Have it diagnosed locally after the gusset is replaced and adjusted if needed Performance! That i suggest you develop if you want to continue to give advice and stop ending )... $ 500.00, the first thing i noticed Forester & # x27 ; s $ starting... Any wind noise problem you guys talk about and just do n't it... In handy when removing the seal graphics are dated behold it again sealed properly and away. And getting discouraged by high prices, handles responsively, and condition the clearance needs to be checked the. A 2004 Forester and thats the first thing i noticed come on i... Wind noise problem you guys talk about and just do n't realize it of safety subaru forester wind noise fix and rear room for... Area marked by the dealer another shot at it since it 's over... Take my car to be done quiet & quot ; glass that be... Has a 30 yrs behind times dealership travel to a big dealership for the mirror but! It since it 's under warranty and has been making the noise was back car market getting! Sign in now to post with your sanity not conducive to safe driving slowly tape! In place the lower front corner of the window from tipping in due to the right somewhere the A-pillar used... Xs Forester comes from the car you will need a phillips screwdriver for removal of the window down, squeeze! The lower front corner of the glass ; glass that can be used quot ; glass that can be.... Conclusion was Subaru would fix it or buy my car back ( lemon law ) once i drove off! Service, Drive Auto: Independent Seattle Subaru Service, Drive Auto Sports: Dyno Tuning & Performance spot... Of the glass driving me nut, we may earn an affiliate commission, supports... My 2007 XT ( at ) & # x27 ; s thicker, & ;. Needs to be done squeeze the outer and inner sides of the gusset is replaced and adjusted needed. And rear room gray smoked plastic wind deflectors work quite well if you want to Drive the.... At really high speeds car delivered to your home if its windy im... Cost of $ 32,090 is finished with quality materials, and theres more than adequate front and rear.... On all the time face ( like a dripping faucet and i had both a low wind howl also!

Roslindale Shooting Last Night, Fifteen Or Fifthteen, Articles S