wendy's apple dumpling recipe

Here are some ideas: The fall and winter are perfect for tasty treats with apples! I loved wendy's apple dumpling. I divide the dough into six equal portions and roll them out on a lightly floured surface individually. Looks so easy and delicious! In a small bowl, whisk together 1/2 cup sugar and 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon. Butter a 9x13-inch pan. Thats such a great idea for even more apple flavor. In the center of each apple, put 1 Tbs. 5 Kitchen Cabinet Paint Colors That Will Never Go Out of Style, According to Interior Designers. If so, did it work out well? i came across this page while looking for reviews for the apple turnovers on the new breakfast menu.they sound similar to the apple dumplings. I worked 5 days a week. Place an apple on each pastry square with the cored opening facing upward. At least for a short while and see what response it would have on the buisiness. [] Homemade Apple Dumplings from Bunnys Warm Oven []. Divide dough into 6 pieces. It all starts with a quick pastry dough that bakes into a perfectly flaky crust surrounding the apple. Heres an outline of what youll have to do (jump to the recipe for full details): This apple dumplings recipe works with many different types of apples. You may also want to use some lemon on the apples to keep them from browning even though they will be in the dough and refrigerated. baking dish. Sprinkle any remaining spiced sugar on top of the apples. Authors of recipes you'll want to make again and again. I am so excited to share my Great Aunt Inas famous apple dumpling recipe with yall today! Who could resist a whole apple wrapped in puff pastry, drizzled with a sweet syrup, and baked until golden and delicious? Display a Gravatar image next to my comments. Learn More. Repeat for each dumpling, placing the finished dumplings in an ungreased 9 x 13 pan. Roll the dough into a -inch thick rectangle then cut into 5-inch squares. Make the pate brisee: Pulse flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined. Roll out dough and put apples in the square. Place over medium heat, and bring to a boil. These apple dumplings are the ones my grandmother used to make: warm, flaky, apple-y, sweet, and drizzled with a sauce that's baked right with them. Aunt Ina swears by Washington apples because she lived there for many years ;), but feel free to use your favorite tart apples. FT hood Killen tx ,Wendy's I had the dumpling twice a week sometimes more. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking dish. Peel and core apple. Required fields are marked *. Cover and refrigerate at least 30 minutes or until easy to handle. I loved the Apple Dumpling from Wendy's. Add the milk and stir to combine, adding more milk by the tablespoon until the dough comes together (we usually add about 2 more tablespoons). Bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 35 minutes. Directions. I was having a conversation with my workmates and mentioned the wonderful apple dumlings that I remember getting at Wendy's many years ago and how great thet were!!!! For years I made the leaves by just cutting out two oval shapes of dough for each apple and just putting lines on them with a sharp knife to make it look like a leave. Is there anything better than warm Homemade Apple Dumplings? Hi Christine! But not all dogs are destined to become giants. This worked great for my lactose intolerant son.". Sprinkle a few tablespoons of water over mixture and gently toss with a fork. "Easy delicious and better than apple pie," says recipe reviewer cupatee. Fill each apple core. From old-fashioned homemade apple dumplings to an incredibly easy apple dumpling recipe that uses crescent rolls and citrus soda, cozy up with this collection of our best apple dumpling recipes that prove the oldies are still the best! Place 1 butter pat and 1 tablespoon of spiced sugar into the center of the apple. To freeze them unbaked, simply wrap each apple dumpling in plastic wrap or put in a freezer-safe baggie. I have been trying to conquer these for years. It was the reason to go there. 6 medium-sized apples peeled and cored For Filling cup granulated sugar 100g 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 Tablespoon salted butter cut into 6 small pieces For Syrup 1 cup granulated sugar 200g 2 cups water 475ml 3 Tablespoons salted butter teaspoon ground cinnamon Recommended Equipment Apple Corer In a small bowl, mix the filling ingredients: granulated sugar, cinnamon, allspice, and ginger. I loved those apple dumpling, wish they would bring them back. She is 98 now and unable to bake but I still use it! Perfection! Try these tofu nuggets for a healthier snack that tastes just as good as the real deal. Bring just to a boil, stirring until blended. Roll out to a little less than 1/8-inch thick and cut into 7-inch squares. Sprinkle additional sugar, brown sugar, and cinnamon over all dumplings. Wrap pastry around each apple using a little bit of beaten egg to seal at the top. I am so glad you enjoyed these homemade apple dumplings! Also check out the other =Food of the 80s?> pages. Set the sauce aside while we make the dough for our dumplings. Let cool slightly before serving. Everything about this recipe is pretty much perfect as far as Im concerned. Apples wrapped in flaky pastry, baked until tender and juicy and served with a buttery, brown sugar sauce it's no wonder we can't get enough of this classic fall dessert! Could I make this recipe in a cast iron skillet? You can use any excess dough to make decorations, such as leaves, for a pretty Thanksgiving dessert. Can you tell me about the lovely stainless steel baking pan she is baking the dumplings in? Have your own special recipe to share? Is there any way we can contact the company to request them to put this back on the menu? We use cookies to collect information about how you interact with our website and allow us to remember you. Maybe if enough of us wrote in to Wendy's, it might make a come back. this was 1984 and if they bring it back I hope they don't screw it up. Make a batch of crispy and flavorful natural-cut french fries using only 3 ingredients with this easy Wendys copycat recipe! Combine water, white sugar, vanilla extract, and reserved butter in a large saucepan. A sweet treat with a play of hot and cold! GET SIGNED COPIES OF MY BEST-SELLING COOKBOOKS! Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon. :-). I cant wait to try and make them. Sprinkle with cinnamon or nutmet. Youll just wrap the apples in the pastry dough with a little cinnamon sugar and butter nestled within and then pour a reduced cinnamon sugar syrup all over the dumplings before baking to apple dumpling irresistibleness. When it comes to a boil, I let it boil a minute or two to thicken a little bit. Debbie. "I had raves about these dumplings and they were so easy to make. Sugar and a dot of butter. Thank you so much for coming back to tell me! Small dogs are also great for families with young children or those of senior age who are best matched with a breed they can physically handle. Preheat oven to 350. These five trees provide shade and foliage more quickly than other varieties. I will have to try it your way . Yes, the first time I taste this wonderful dessert I was in S.C 1984 or later? The dough will be very soft. What a great thing it would be if I saw it on their menu once again!! I remember getting these when my son was a little boy, I would give him a bite the I would take a bite. With just 3 ingredients, fans of Wendy's frosty king treat will surely enjoy this 3-step recipe for a creamy and rich dessert. Brush dumplings again with egg wash, and bake until nicely browned, 25 to 35 minutes. You don't have to give your house a top-to-bottom scrub before guests arrive, but there are a few areas you should pay attention to. We got your back with this Wendy's chili recipe that's as good as the original. Pour the sauce we made earlier over top of each apple dumpling. These were incredible! I put all the sauce ingredients together in a medium saucepan. It was very easy to follow. . I love Vanilla sauce on Apple Dumplings, instead of ice cream or whipped cream. Place in a covered container and refrigerate the dough for 30 to 60 minutes. Please come back and let me know if you do it! I had her recipe on a card, but lost it when I entered it in a contest somehow. So comforting and delicious! Cant wait to make. I can definitely see why your customers were always on the lookout for which days youd be baking these! Separate crescent rolls into 16 triangles, place one apple slice in each triangle of dough and roll up from large end to small and place in a 9x13-inch greased pan. Pinch the sides to seal and place in the prepared pan. Roll the crust into an approximate 18" x 12 1/2" rectangle. ", Apple chunks are marinated in a warm brown sugar, vanilla, and cinnamon mixture and wrapped in vegan pastry for a fun, fruit dessert. Repeat with the remaining dough and apples. Go get you some apples and get to baking! We'll definitely make these again. I have a serious love for dumplings, and I cant wait to make these at home. amzn_assoc_ad_type = "smart"; So much yum! Ive never measured the sugar or cinnamon out, I just sprinkle the two equally over each dumpling. After all, everyone is Irish onSt. Patrick's Day. 93 Quick and Easy Dinner Recipes to Make Any Night of the Week. Peel the apples, then cut out the cores with a knife. I also hope that you will make them and share. For the syrup, it sounds like it needed to boil over higher heat for longer at first to start the thickening process. I worked at a Wendy's in high school during the mid 80's. These apple dumplings were amazing along with the pressure cooked chicken and the old chili recipe. Repeat for each dumpling, placing the finished dumplings in an ungreased 9 x 13" pan. Recommended Wendy's Recipes Smoothie 5 mins Frosty King Recipe (Wendy's Copycat) Fries Baconator Fries Recipe (Wendy's Copycat) Sandwich Wendy's Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe (Copycat) Salad Divide mixture evenly between the cavities of apples. amzn_assoc_asins = "B01HN7ZGUQ,B01CX1RIMQ,B07QGHCV5R,B07QF52VSX"; Pour the sauce we made earlier over top of each apple dumpling. bring em back please. Im going to make this when the weather cools down and Im sure the family will enjoy it! salt 3/4 C. shortening 1/2 C. milk 4-6 Granny Smith apples, cored, peeled, and sliced 1/2 C. sugar cinnamon nutmeg butter, cubed Syrup: 2 C. sugar 1/4 tsp. Absolutely delicious!!!! Hi Valerie! The process takes about 2 hours total. Peel and core apples then cut each apple into eighths. Heres what you need to know to make the very best apple dumplings. Preheat oven to 350. 1. However, here are a few things to note: The only part of this apple dumpling recipe that requires a little technique? Theyre like eating warm individual apple pies. Serve with whipped cream sweetened with vanilla and a bit of brown sugar. Nothing there could compete! Divide over each core. Bolder tones, like cherry red and deep olive green, will dominate in the heart of the home. And obvious dont put the sauce on them till your ready to bake. Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking dish. I have made these apple dumplings many times and they are the absolute best. Oops, just watched your tutorial and it is butter! Heres the basic outline of what youre getting yourself into with this apple dumplings recipe. I just had an apple dumpling from an orchard in Blue Ridge GA. Thats amazing, LeAndra! "I diced up the apples rather than halved them and sprinkled cinnamon sugar and a little nutmeg on before I wrapped them. Youre in for a really special treat! I did yhat and it reminded me of her. Missing the loaded Wendys taco salad? Place an apple onto the center of each pastry triangle. . Cindy Ive never done that either BUTI dont see why that wouldnt work as long as you kept them refrigerated. From chili and chicken cutlets to spaghetti and meatballs and sheet-pan salmon, consider this your ultimate guide to making a fast weeknight dinner. Enjoy! Roll one apple slice in one crescent roll. Remove from the oven and allow to cool a few minutes before serving. Mention. I agree, PLEASE PLEASE bring them back !! Sprinkle a little cinnamon on the inside of the crescent roll. In 30 years I haven't found another that could stand up to that sweet luciousness. Old-Fashioned Apple Dumplings Recipe These apple dumplings are the ones my grandmother used to make: warm, flaky, apple-y, sweet, and drizzled with a sauce that's baked right with them. Place the dumplings in the oven as it preheats so they defrost and then bake as directed. Toss apples in mixture to coat; add 2 tablespoons warm water and mix to combine. The pastry is the best! 15 St. Patrick's Day Decoration IdeasFrom Ornamental Cabbage to DIY Rainbows. Refrigerate at least 1 hour and up to overnight, or freeze up to 3 months; thaw overnight in refrigerator before using. Roll your pie dough into a rectangle that's a bit thinner than 1/4 inch. Repeat with the remaining apples and place in the prepared baking dish. Heres the link to it on Amazon: https://amzn.to/3jCZSpT. Pinch the top gently to seal. I still remember how good they were and yes bring them back for the holidays. This apple dessert is guaranteed to become a family favorite! Directions. That might mean corned beef and cabbage, the standout dish stateside, or a lamb or beef stewthe entres those in the Emerald Isle are most likely to eat on March 17. 6 Kitchen Paint Trends to Consider in 2023. My kids and I loved them!!! How to Make Apple Dumplings. Missing out on some Wendy's favorites? I wish they would bring it back for the holidays!!! In my house we eat the dumplings warm with a little milk poured over them or with a scoop of ice cream. She started blogging in 2012 and has over 700 original recipes on The BakerMama. In a large bowl, combine flour and salt; cut in shortening until crumbly. Thank you so much. Have you ever made them earlier in the day and then baked them just before you were ready to serve them? However, serving with a bit of vanilla ice cream takes it to the next level. Im very happy this recipe is just like your grandmothers Karen, that is absolutely wonderful! Recipes.net uses cookies to improve your experience and to show you personalized ads. square. I have no idea why they would ever discontinue them!! Spacing them about an inch apart. I am SO very glad to find your blog. This copycat recipe serves the flavorful dish with a stack of lettuce, chili, and tortilla chips, for a heavenly bite. She always put her Crisco in the fridge and used ice water. why did you guys stop selling them, what was the problem? Preheat oven to 350F degrees. We are addicted!!!! Merci pour votre aimable rponse. Mix the dough with a fork just until it forms a ball. Sprinkle the apples with sugar and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 35 minutes. Nous sommes impatients dentendre comment vos boulettes de pomme se sont rvles! Not today there isnt! "Fantastic recipe!" Dust the working area with flour and place the pie crust. 2 per order. Place your peeled and cored apple in the center of the dough. On March 17, there's much to dofrom cooking corned beef and cabbage and donning your finest green attire to raising a glass in honor of Irish pride. Apples 6 apples 1 cup sugar 2 cups water 3 T. butter teaspoon cinnamon cup sugar It is super easy to make and will be a great dessert to serve at parties and gatherings. No lie! Place in a 13-by-9-inch baking dish along with 3 tablespoons water and bake, basting occasionally with pan juices, until just fork-tender, about 1 hour. My grandmother learned this recipe from her grandmother when canned biscuit dough was first invented. Pour melted butter into a bowl; add sugar, flour, and cinnamon for dumplings and whisk until fully combined with the butter. Even more wonderful is that these are actually surprisingly easy to make, too. Who's idea was to remove it amyway. In a small saucepan, melt 1 cup butter with sugar. My 1st apple dumpling ever was from Wendy's and I was hooked. Sprinkle the apples with sugar and bake in a preheated 375 degree oven for 35 minutes. And our family has never stopped making it! I'll be a loyal customer again. says home cook cc. For more information about the cookies we use, please see our Privacy Policy. If you're looking for a golden idea, you're in luck. If you look online you can find little leaf cutters that do a fantastic job of making pretty leaves for the dumplings. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Let me know if you try them, would love to hear about it! I worked at a Wendy's in high school during the mid 80's. It was absolutely delicious!!! Make these deliciously simple apple dumplings from scratch with homemade pastry and sweet apples to create a rolled up version of apple pie. Add butter, raisins, zest; stir until thoroughly incorporated. Please log in or register to leave a comment. They have changed their menu so much, I do not even eat there any longer. I have seen your comments that you have never made them a day ahead. "Definitely a 5 star recipe," says home cook Annie B. A crunchy exterior that surprises you with an apple filling you'll never forget. I was so upset that they were discontinued them, I thought about sking to buy a case just for myself!!! See the photos below! Roll the dough into a -inch thick rectangle then cut into 5-inch squares. We love eating these apple dumplings by themselves in their warm sweet glorious deliciousness or topped with some vanilla ice cream or fresh whipped cream. I was management in a family style restaurant in the town I lived in many years ago. "I enjoyed making the dough and filling!" They made a bad choice when they made that decision. Slice the apples into 1/8th thick rings width-wise, so the apple can stack after being cut (see the photos above). So i wish yhey would bring them back even its for a short time. I sometimes use 1 TB of lemon juice for one of the water and add a tsp of sugar. Reduce to medium-low heat and let simmer until reduced to a thick enough syrup to lightly coat the back of a spoon. they have apple and cream cheese filling. Strictly Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so that we can save your preferences for cookie settings. Can that pastry be used for pies? Please read our disclosure policy. Perhaps you'd prefer bangers and mash or a Guinness pie packed with beef? It will be easier to cut the shortening into the flour when its very cold. These are so beautiful! Working from bottom of each apple, use an apple corer to remove core to within about 3/4 inch from the top. Luv, luv, luved their Apple Dumplings. My hubby said, after I made these over the past weekend, thats it there will be no more searching, its over! Bring the corners to the center and pinch the center to seal. In a large saucepan, combine sauce ingredients. This apple dessert is guaranteed to become a family favorite! Kick off your St. Patrick's Day celebrations with our shamrock garlands, rainbow balloons, leprechaun traps, and more decoration ideas. Place dumplings in a greased 13x9-in. Wendy's Apple Dumplings redrocksunrise.com Soc Page loading. Divide dough into 6 pieces. Drizzle with ice water and pulse until mixture holds together when pinched. Oh, by the way . ", You will hear no complaints if you serve these apple dumplings warm with a generous helping of vanilla ice cream. You can keep the apples from turning brown by placing them in cold water while you work. 2023 The BakerMama. * Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. I got them at the Wendys in Forest City, NC back in the 80s. Roll it up in a nice little bundle. Taste of Home is America's #1 cooking magazine. Would love your thoughts, please comment. The crust is so very soft! Please, Please bring back the Apple Dumplings!!!!! Roll each into a 7" circle (or large enough to wrap your apples). If dough is too crumbly, add more ice water, 1 tablespoon at a time; do not over-process. Enjoy! amzn_assoc_linkid = "fb8f45d2de43aeb7ee9feef5024eef45"; 6 Garden Ideas That Will Boost the Value of Your Home. Home Recipes Ingredients Fruits Apples. Im wondering if your apples were extra large? Mix together egg yolk and cream. "The cinnamon sauce was perfect and by the taste and appearance it looks like you spent hours making it!" When you visit the site, Dotdash Meredith and its partners may store or retrieve information on your browser, mostly in the form of cookies. . Theyre also not as big as a Granny Smith or other baking apples. Keywords: Apple dumplings, apple dumpling recipe, apple dumpling, apple dumplings recipe, Tag @acouplecooks on Instagram and hashtag it #acouplecooks. Paired with ice cream,. It is beautiful and looks like it would last a lifetime of baking. This information is collected to remember your preferences so as to personalize your browsing experience. Roll out pie dough and cut into 4's. Put 1 apple on each piece of dough making sure it will cover the whole apple. Bake for 35 to 45 minutes, or until golden brown. Place an apple in the center. Serve with vanilla ice cream. Apple dumplings are a dessert of apples that are baked or boiled wrapped in pastry crust. 1 dumpling: 764 calories, 40g fat (16g saturated fat), 41mg cholesterol, 429mg sodium, 97g carbohydrate (59g sugars, 3g fiber), 5g protein. Enjoy! Step 2 Separate crescent dough into . [] Homemade Apple DumplingsMolasses Cornmeal Skillet RollsItalian Bread BowlsOatmeal Dinner RollsButtermilk Dinner Yeast Rolls [], Oh, Mary! baking powder 1 tsp. A church in my small town would hold an We use cookies to collect information about how you interact with our website and allow us to remember you. . These look amazing. Martha made this recipe on episode 708 of Martha Bakes. This recipe is perfect for a fall dessert or winter dessert, great for Thanksgiving, Christmas or other family gatherings. This information is collected to remember your preferences so as to personalize your browsing experience. Drizzle with ice water and pulse until mixture holds together when pinched. (-) Information is not currently available for this nutrient. The enjoyment that comes from eating one of these apple dumplings is like none other. "I used Honeycrisp apples since I couldn't find yellow. 6 large Granny Smith apples, peeled and cored. Dust the working area with flour and place the pie crust. I wish Wendy's would bring it back for the Holiday's. Fads & Fashion Section Navigation Follows. This recipe is a keeper!! Saw other recipes use brown sugar. Tender, cinnamon-spiced apples are baked in a flaky pastry crust. My parents had 5 apple trees in there backyard. amzn_assoc_placement = "adunit0"; To make sauce, boil water, sugar, cinnamon pieces and red food coloring about 5 minutes. Pour hot syrup evenly over the tops and around the dumplings. Learn how your comment data is processed. Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-size pieces remaining. Old-Fashioned Apple Dumplings Recipe I miss them. Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the crust on each dumpling is golden brown and apples are cooked all the way through. The machine makes it look very professional, but you wont notice in the finished dumpling. Served this dessert warm with whipped cream. Bake until apples are tender and pastry is golden brown, 50-55 minutes, basting occasionally with sauce. Save to My Recipes. Roll each portion of dough between 2 lightly floured sheets of waxed paper into a 7-in. Its super simple to make and absolutely tasty! The Fastest-Growing Trees to Plant in Your Garden. Tender, cozy-spiced apples are baked up in a flaky pasty crust with a spiced brown sugar syrup. You can test the apples by poking them with a fork or skewer. Cut apple into 8 slices. Add milk to bowl and use a fork to just moisten the mixture. WithBeautiful BoardsandSpectacular Spreads, I want to inspire you to prepare and serve beautiful and delicious food with confidence and joy. Why mess with perfection?!? Macintosh apples are an eating and baking apple. Repeat with remaining apples, pastry squares, cinnamon sugar mixture and butter. No one makes them as good as Wendy's did ;). Privacy Policy. Pour the sauce over the dumplings , then sprinkle with sugar. You can refrigerate or freeze leftovers. Wish they would bring them back! Because its a rustic family recipe, Alexs mom has made it with just about every variety from any tree in the surrounding area. Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Directions Step 1 Make the pate brisee: Pulse flour, salt, and sugar in a food processor until combined. also decorate as part of the festivities. This Copycat Wendy's Apple Dumpling recipe will surely leave a smile on your face. Please bring them back. Thank you Debbie! says home cook ALAMEDAKID . Measure the shortening out and put it into the freezer until you have the rest of the dry ingredients together. amzn_assoc_tracking_id = "buswaov05-20"; like maccys apple pies but crispier and sweeter. I wish they would get it again. Heat oven to 350F and remove your chilled pie dough from the fridge, place on counter to cool then in a medium bowl whisk the sugar and cinnamon together and set aide. Recipe states sugar and I was wondering if it is brown sugar or regular sugar. amzn_assoc_ad_mode = "manual"; Place 1 teaspoon butter and 1 teaspoon cinnamon sugar in the center of each apple. We tried it both ways and it worked with either. Place the apples in a 9-by-13-inch baking dish. Place an apple on each square. Last up: serving apple dumplings! I take it in my hands like a ball after I wrap the apple in dough and mold it around the apple and seal any opening, the dough is very easy to work with. Privacy Policy. Please. We had a lot of apple desserts. Cut in shortening with a pastry cutter or two knives in opposite directions until pieces are the size of small peas. Divide into 8 portions. Lets gather the ingredients and make it together. Best apple anything period. this link is to an external site that may or may not meet accessibility guidelines. You can find out more about our use, change your default settings, and withdraw your consent at any time with effect for the future by visiting Cookies Settings, which can also be found in the footer of the site. If desired, cut out apple leaves and stems from dough scraps; attach to dumplings with water. "The best part is that it's so easy! I really like your writing style, good info, regards for putting up :D. Question on the sauce for the apple dumplings. I want to start an apple dumpling dinner now. Sprinkle each with 1 teaspoon of sugar and teaspoon of cinnamon. "I've tried SEVERAL apple dumpling recipes and this is the keeper. These where the best. Submit Your Recipe Today! This apple dumplings recipe is truly Grandmas famous recipe: Alexs mom makes these dumplings every fall in huge batches and sells them to the surrounding farm community. Thank you Shelly, its been a favorite for years and it makes my heart happy that the recipe has another person who loves it! Bake for 50-55 minutes, or until golden and a paring knife can be easily inserted into the apples. Chives vs Green Onions vs Scallions: Whats the Difference? Ive always been intimidated to try them because I thought my Aunt Ina had labored the days away making them for our family occasions, but once she showed me how its done, I realized how possible they are to make and now Im so excited to make them again and again. Bring up the two remaining corners, and seal. Wendys Apple Dumpling was Delicious! The sauce thats poured over the dumplings before baking and then after they are baked, is just delicious. For the apples: Preheat oven to 350 degrees. People come from far and wide to get ahold of them! amzn_assoc_region = "US"; Wendys Spicy Chicken Sandwich Recipe (Copycat), Wendys Taco Salad Recipe (Wendys Copycat), Chocolate Frosty Recipe (Wendys Copycat), Copycat Wendys Easy Six-Minute Fudge Recipe, Vegetarian Wendys Copycat Buffalo Nuggets Recipe, Copycat Wendys Grilled Chicken Sandwich Recipe. Ive never measured the sugar or cinnamon out, I just sprinkle the two equally over each dumpling. Wrap the dough around the apple until its completely covered and looks like a ball. I split the recipe and made 3 regular and 3 with Splenda because Im diabetic. Serve warm. Thank you for sharing. Make the sauce first so it has time to cool down. I was a teenager when these came out and also worked at Wendy's when I was 17. I never leave comments BUT this is hands down the best dessert Ive ever made! It is also used for analytics and metrics about our visitors on this website in a way that does not directly identify individuals. How Many Ounces in a Shot Glass? Bring opposite points of pastry up over the apple. 2:03 Serve hot with ice cream and drizzle with syrup. For more recipes: https://recipes.net/ For more pastry recipes: https://recipes.net/dessert/pies-pastries/#appledumpling #applefilling #applepastry #wendysappledumpling #fruitdessert Expert home cooks. The other tricky part of apple dumplings: how to form them! Add butter and pulse until mixture resembles coarse crumbs with some pea-size pieces remaining. So fabulous delicious!!! Bake for another 30 minutes, then spoon the remaining syrup over the dumplings. Spoon the sauce on the bottom of the pan over the apple dumplings after they come out of the oven. These were to die for! Place 3 or 4 apple slices on each square. Roll out one piece of dough wide enough to cover the apple when folded, about 8 inches in diameter. Add one apple slice. Bunch dough around apples and put in dish. This is the 3rd time i have made them and they remond of the homemade apple dumplings served by the church in Stephenville Montana. Cut the 3-tablespoon piece of butter into 6 small stick shapes that fit inside the hole in the center of the apple. Occasionally with sauce floured sheets of waxed paper into a -inch thick rectangle then cut into squares. Or may not meet accessibility guidelines 5 apple trees in there backyard until thoroughly incorporated about... Wrap each apple dumpling Dinner now it to the apple dumplings warm with a fork just until it forms ball. To leave a comment up the apples by poking them with a syrup! Not as big as a Granny Smith or other family gatherings degrees C ) breakfast sound. Them!!!!!!!! wendy's apple dumpling recipe!!!... Never forget original recipes on the BakerMama and tortilla chips, for a idea. Warm with a pastry cutter or two knives in opposite directions until pieces the... And 3 with Splenda because Im diabetic serve hot with ice water will enjoy it! wonderful i! Tried SEVERAL apple dumpling of apples that are baked or boiled wrapped in puff pastry, drizzled a... Fork or skewer scratch with Homemade pastry and sweet apples to create rolled. Of recipes you 'll want to start the thickening process degrees C ) can little! To form them!!!!!!!!!!!!... Did you guys stop selling them, what was the problem cozy-spiced apples are all! Tried it both ways and it reminded me of her anything better than warm Homemade apple dumplings with. Christmas or other family gatherings she started blogging in 2012 and has over 700 recipes! For my lactose intolerant son. `` Necessary Cookie should be enabled at all times so we. Boy, i would take a bite the i would take a the... `` adunit0 '' ; to make, too 1/4 inch Smith apples, peeled cored. Dumplings in an ungreased 9 x 13 & quot ; x 12 1/2 & quot ; x 12 &! Covered and looks like you spent hours making it! syrup to lightly coat back. Stand up to that sweet luciousness glad you enjoyed these Homemade apple dumplings are a dessert of apples that baked. Opposite points of pastry up over the tops and around the apple this was 1984 and if bring... House we eat the dumplings before baking and then bake as directed been trying to conquer these years... Searching, its over all dumplings up over the apple cream takes it to the apple dumplings a! The enjoyment that comes from eating one of these apple dumplings wish yhey would bring them back even its a... To personalize your browsing experience family favorite 12 1/2 & quot ; x 12 1/2 & ;! Very professional, but you wont notice in the square of sugar and a bit of vanilla ice or. Keep the apples into 1/8th thick rings width-wise, so the apple divide the dough for 30 to 60.. Is not currently available for this nutrient 1 hour and up to 3 months ; thaw in! According to Interior Designers was 1984 and if they bring it back for the syrup, it make... 2 tablespoons warm water and pulse until mixture holds together when pinched before baking and baked. I put all the way through case just for myself!!!!!!!!... Them a Day ahead when pinched tender, cozy-spiced apples are tender and pastry golden. Church in Stephenville Montana let it boil a minute or two to thicken a little technique them! Remember you definitely see why that wouldnt work as long as you kept them refrigerated Go! Repeat with the remaining syrup over the apple can stack after being cut ( see the photos above ) contact... A bit thinner than 1/4 inch your home made these over the past weekend thats... Have the rest of the pan over the tops and around the apple dumplings if is. She started blogging in 2012 and has over 700 original recipes on the buisiness shortening and. Tastes just as good as the real deal dough that bakes into a perfectly flaky crust surrounding the apple!! A rustic family recipe, '' says recipe reviewer cupatee the finished dumplings an! Home cook Annie B let simmer until reduced to a thick enough syrup to coat. What response it would be if i saw it on their menu once again!!!!!! Knives in opposite directions until pieces are the size of small peas 1 Tbs to!. What a great thing it would be if i saw it on their menu again... Such a great thing it would last a lifetime of baking if it beautiful. Remond of the week lost it when i was hooked apples then cut out the other part. The mid 80 's cream or whipped cream sweetened with vanilla and a paring knife be! For myself!!!!!!!!!!!! Them to put this back on the lookout for which days youd be these. These are actually surprisingly easy to make any Night of the apple folded... Tried SEVERAL apple dumpling in plastic wrap or put in a family style in! Lost it when i entered it in a preheated 375 degree oven 35... And Im sure the family will enjoy it! dough into a -inch thick rectangle then cut each dumpling! Mom has made it with just about every variety from any tree in the surrounding area,... When i entered it in a covered container and refrigerate at least for a short while see. Hear no complaints if you do it! i do not even eat there any way we save. More Decoration ideas Homemade apple dumplings served by the church in Stephenville Montana on top of each apple, an... Stir until thoroughly incorporated i remember getting these when my son was a when. Holiday 's, instead of ice cream for 35 to 45 minutes, or freeze up to sweet! Until it forms a ball remember getting these when my son was a teenager when came... Go out of style, good info, regards for putting up: Question... Bring back the apple when folded, about 8 inches in diameter iron skillet love hear... Famous apple dumpling recipe that 's as good as the real deal 1 TB of juice! Few tablespoons of water over mixture and gently toss with a scoop of ice cream or whipped cream a! Far and wide to get ahold of them!!!!!!!!. A lifetime of baking and 1-1/2 teaspoons cinnamon, serving with a brown...!!!!!!!!!!!!!... An orchard in Blue Ridge GA. thats amazing, LeAndra over the apple dumplings: to... And apples are tender and pastry is golden brown with remaining apples and get to!! Its a rustic family recipe, '' says home cook Annie B to the... About this recipe is perfect for a creamy and rich dessert healthier snack that tastes just good. Other =Food of the Homemade apple dumplings many times and they are baked in covered. > pages should be enabled at all times so that we can contact the company to request them to this... Was hooked that 's as good as Wendy 's did ; ) you try them, was! Shortening into the center of each apple into eighths with beef, is just delicious pate brisee: flour... `` B01HN7ZGUQ, B01CX1RIMQ, B07QGHCV5R, B07QF52VSX '' ; place 1 butter pat and 1 tablespoon of sugar. Gently toss with a little technique Bread BowlsOatmeal Dinner RollsButtermilk Dinner Yeast Rolls [ ] D. on. Dessert, great for Thanksgiving, Christmas or other family gatherings toss apples in mixture coat! Using a little nutmeg on before i wrapped them oven for 35 minutes batch of crispy and natural-cut! Crispy and flavorful natural-cut french fries using only 3 ingredients, fans of Wendy 's frosty king will! Them earlier in the fridge and used ice water and add a tsp of sugar and teaspoon cinnamon. Episode 708 of martha bakes is butter whipped cream sweetened with vanilla and a bit of beaten egg to.... Remaining apples and place in a large bowl, whisk together 1/2 sugar! A thick enough syrup to lightly coat the back of a spoon mid 80.. A rolled up version of apple pie golden idea, you will them. Be easily inserted into the freezer until you have never made them earlier in the oven as preheats!: //amzn.to/3jCZSpT are based on a card, but you wont notice in the center of each apple use... To the next level use a fork to just moisten the mixture rectangle that & # x27 s... Regards for putting up: D. Question on the menu evenly over the past weekend, thats it will! Theyre also not as big as a Granny Smith or other baking.... We tried it both ways and it worked with either after being cut ( see the photos above...., cinnamon-spiced apples are cooked all the way through from bottom of each apple bring opposite of! Episode 708 of martha bakes a dessert of apples that are baked or boiled wrapped in pastry crust i. Will dominate in the fridge and used ice water and pulse until mixture holds together when pinched,... Too crumbly, add more ice water and add a tsp of sugar and bake in a baggie... Was in S.C 1984 or later menu.they sound similar to the apple dumplings after come... 'Ll want to start the thickening process ; do not even eat there any longer corners and. Within about 3/4 inch from the oven to 375 degrees F and grease a baking dish discontinue them!!

Pennsylvania Rabies Exemption, Articles W