(22Feb70 KPLR-TV St. Louis Mo.) Musical Highlights: ################## the end ################# The New York Times described one grim episode in her life: Ms McNairs career suffered after she and her husband, Richard Manzie, were charged in 1972 with heroin possession; she was later cleared of the charge Mr. Manzie was found shot to death in 1976. Not a word about Erhard and est and the man who really controlled the operation, Harry Margolis, against whom Barbara McNair testified -sang, some would say- in federal court. Dakota & Moe perform, "He's Funny That Way" By 1975 est was phenomenally successful but Margolis was facing indictment. List of Celebs who posed naked for Playboy magazine. Written by Alex Barris McNair was married five times and had no children. singer Dakota Staton Bob Blasser McNair's professional career began in music during the late 1950s, singing in the nightclub circuit. (1970) and its sequel, The Organization (1971). 28Sep1969 (rerun 23Aug70) Highlights: guests Werner came from Philadelphia; his original name was Jack Rosenberg. MusicVariety Forum, The Classic TV Archive - US Freda Payne sings, "Band of Gold" & "The Time Has Come to Say Goodbye" She is the daughter of writer / director John Farrow and Maureen O'Sullivan and the sister of Mia Farrow. Barbara McNair sings "I Feel and Song Comin' On," "Son of a Preacher Man," "I Comedian Marty Allen The actress Barbara McNair has been married 4 times, their partners being Charles Blecka, Bennett Baker Strahan, Jack Rafferty y Earl Wright and being a total of -1969 years married. 9:00pm) This beautiful, stylish, London-born blonde started out quite promisingly on the stage and in late 1960s films before phasing out her career in the 1990s. Barbara sings "Easy to Be Hard" and "Just a Little Lovin' ". Barbara sings "Softly, as I Leave You." google_ad_client = "pub-4955165530873922"; (The celebs were steered to Harrys office in Saratoga by his brother Ben, a Los Angeles defense attorney with Communist connections who specialized in civil rights, civil liberties, and labor cases. Lou Rawls And All perform "United We Stand" (rerun 15Aug71 WOR-9 New York 9pm Sun) Why, you may be wondering, was it heroic of Barbara McNair to testify against Harry Margolis? comics Norm Crosby and Larry Wilde without the specific consent of the author(s). Her trek to New Popular African-American vocalist and entertainer Barbara McNair dazzled audiences with her singing prowess and exceptional beauty for well over four decades until her death on February 4, 2007 of throat cancer in Los Angeles. make-up Carol Davidson & Pat Burrows impressionist Rich Little Golden Age of TV, which is missing from any episode guides on the web. ############################################## Oakland Police Department: Above the Law? Syndicated series The family moved to Harlem in New York when she was six years old. (31Jan71 Chicago WGN-9) Fay Stender, representing Jane, charged that Maxs donation was a sham and a fraud, orchestrated by Margolis to put the asset out of Janes reach. Morris Donaldson ( Inrie and Donaldson) Up Your Back Yard" All original author and copyright information must He thought Harry Margolis, a tax shelter expert, had hustled Barbara McNair for a cool million dollars and he wanted Margolis whacked if they lost their lawsuit against him. showor it could have been a misprint, a mix-up with another series. In 1979 Fay Stender was shot and paralyzed by a man named Brooks, recently released from prison, who was convinced that Fay had betrayed George Jackson. 30 min ? In August 1972, she married Rick Manzie, whom she had met in 1965 during a separation period from Rafferty (McNair remained married to Rafferty as he helped co-produce The Barbara McNair Show along with Rick Manzie who lived with Barbara in their Las Vegas home at 4265 South Bruce Street). (21Mar71 Chicago WGN-9) The Five Stairsteps. She attended middle school and high school at the International School of Prague. Barbara sings "This Is My Life" and "Love Walked In." (18Apr71 New Bedford, WTEV-6, Sun. Technical Specs, See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro, 1960s Jazz, Soul, R&B, Gospel and Black music and dance performances in Film or TV, executive producer (3 episodes, 1970-1971), executive producer / executive producer: ctv (2 episodes, 1970-1971), associate producer (2 episodes, 1970-1971), production business manager (1 episode, 1970), assistant to the director (1 episode, 1970). 30Nov1969 (rerun 31May70) guests 2.03 [28] The Barbara McNair Show From the conversation, it was believed that Manzie had been a friend or business associate of Spilotro, and that Spilotro was going to seek revenge. She has been married to Ken Wahl since September 17, 1997. comic Bob Blasser Crampton began acting in school plays in seventh grade and subsequently studied Anne Carlisle was born in 1956. 9pm) 5:00pm) Tony Martin sings, "On a Clear Day" The daughter of a preacher, Deanna grew up in a conservative household and still goes to church on a regular basis. stage manager Gerry Wilkinson She was 72. 2.27 [52] The Barbara McNair Show Bobby Orr McNair is the cousin of musician Curtis Knight. singer-actor Frankie Avalon Edward Bear performs, "You, Me and Mexico". Marilyn Chambers was born on April 22, 1952 in Providence, Rhode Island, USA. McNair's career spanned over five decades in television, film, and stage. 15Feb1970 (rerun 12Sep70) confirmed Gloria Loring 2.25 [50] The Barbara McNair Show Highlights: Barbara's love of performing continued even in lesser venues -- cabaret clubs, cruise ships, special events and even retirement centers in Florida -- still sporting her stunning looks and vocal sparkle. Guests Vickie Lawrence sings, "And I'll Go" [01] The Barbara McNair Show (18Apr71 New Bedford, WTEV-6, Sun. Gorgeous and voluptuous 5'3" brunette knockout Cynthia Jeanette Myers was born on September 12, 1950, in Toledo, Ohio. guests (no details) Lindeland moved a second time to Los Angeles, California in 1969. Friendly Persuasion perform, "Goin' Out of My Head" Barbara went on to appear in such stage musicals as "The Pajama Game" and "Sophisticated Ladies", and was also seen in a recurring role for a time on General Hospital (1963) in later years. singer Carolyn Daye (25Jul71 New Bedford, WTEV-6, Sun. The Dillards perform "Rainmaker". google_ad_height = 15; Strikingly beautiful and fiery blonde Tiffany Bolling may not have achieved the long-lasting stardom she deserved, but she nonetheless has remained a much-beloved cult favorite of 1970s B-movie buffs for her lively and impressive performances in a handful of enjoyably trashy drive-in flicks. *Apr. The three who formally owned erhard seminar training were Gloria Reinhardtson, Esther Helfrick and Harriet Bliss. It was meant for Manzie, but authorities arrested them both. [14] The Barbara McNair Show author Jacqueline Susann May Go" The Dillards perform "Rainmaker". (2007) and Saving America's Horses: A Nation Betrayed (2012). (28Mar71 New Bedford, WTEV-6, Sun. Comedian Roy Applegate Alice in Wonderland: An X-Rated Musical Fantasy. impressionist Rich Little The Brothers Cain Barbara Jean McNair (March 4, 1934 - February 4, 2007) was an American singer and theater, television and film actress. In due course Hal put me on a case in which, he explained, the client was a wealthy Nevada businessman whose wife had been won over by Werner Erhard. The client wanted to get the goods on Werner and est. Popular African-American vocalist and entertainer Barbara McNair dazzled audiences with her singing prowess and exceptional beauty for well over four decades until her death on February 4, 2007 of throat cancer in Los Angeles. October 1968 203. Mike Walton /* 728x90, created 6/7/09 */ TV personality Monty Hall Barbara Jean McNair (March 4, 1934 - February 4, 2007) was an American singer and theater, television and film actress. He said it was in the nature of $50,000 which was a shock to me, Miss McNair said. 16Nov1969 (rerun 10May70) 11:30pm) 9:00pm) By who? guests The Classic TV Archive - US comic duo Dick Clair and Jenna McMahon (21Feb71 New Bedford, WTEV-6, Sun. singer Daniele Dorice She was American by nationality. In 2006 she opened for Bob Newhart in Philadelphia and New Jersey. Paul Revere and the Raiders perform, "Let Me" guests All rights reserved. Nicole Austin was born in 1979 in Palos Verdes, California. The political and cultural rollback that characterized the 1970s and continues to this day was facilitated by est, which Erhard launched in 1971. comedian Ronnie Martin 17Jan1971 The Threats to the Grizzlys Fragile Recovery are Expanding, Instead of Stuck in Court or on Some Future Ballot, Legal Marijuana Should Be On DeSantiss Desk ASAP, The Rise of the Consultant Governing Class, Demanding Transparency in East Palestine, Ohio, The Problem with Israels So-Called Crisis of Democracy, The Ukraine War One Year in: Nine False Narratives, When Neoliberals Declared War on the Poor, Liquidating the Legacy of Revolution: Ideology of the Russian Invasion. google_ad_slot = "3735484596"; The clearest insight into how Margolis allegedly operated came last week when Miss McNair explained that on Margolis advice she had her contracts from 1968 to 1971 executed in the name of Koningsplein, N.V., a Netherlands Antilles firm also named as an unindicted co-conspirator. 15Mar1970 (rerun 12Jul70) "If I Had a Hammer". The men talked during a meeting in Las Vegas with Jerry May, an executive of the Southwest Advertising Agency. [10] The Barbara McNair Show 11:30pm) O.C. She is a writer and producer, known for Baywatch (1989), SAF3 (2013) and Baywatch Nights (1995). Barbara sings "The Man That Got Away" and "Over the Rainbow." ########### The Barbara McNair Show ########## Millions of dollars were at stake. Musical Highlights: (28Mar71 Chicago WGN-9) Inequality is Weakening Social Security. I told Hal with sincere regret that some of his clients were not what I would consider righteous and I wouldnt want to do their bidding. folk singer Josh White Jr. sings, "Early Morning Rain" She is a producer, known for Up All Night (1989), Your Mommy Kills Animals! Vida Guerra was born on March 19, 1974 in Havana, Cuba. Guests moment in your life, or in world events - and or has left a vivid memory of when She guest starred in TV dramas and movies, such as They Call Me MISTER Tibbs! Any sales or other uses of this document are expressly forbidden, Sun 9pm) 2.28 [53] The Barbara McNair Show A warm, inviting presence, she pioneered her own syndicated musical TV show The Barbara McNair Show (1969), a rarity at the time for a black entertainer, and guested on all the popular TV programs of the day including "Mission: Impossible," "Hogan's Heroes" and "I Spy. She is an actress, known for Catch-22 (1970), A Boy and His Dog (1975) and Jigsaw (1968). entertainer Bob Hope Her colleagues were Martha Quinn, Mark J. Goodman, Alan Hunter and J.J. Jackson. compiled by The Classic TV Archive (19Feb71, Worchester, WSMV-27, Fri. 7:30pm) Slappy White and the Burgundy Street Singers. And who did his friend, fellow Chicago Outfit associate Tony Spilotro, suspect committed the gangland-style hit? The Barbara McNair Show (1969-1971) Full Cast & Crew See agents for this cast & crew on IMDbPro Series Directed by Jorn H. Winther . sings, "My Cherie Amour" He said he never gave an accounting to his clients. Fiona Lewis was born on September 28, 1946 in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, England, UK. Guests Johnny Mathis ########### The Barbara McNair Show ########## Can't Stop Loving You". "The early 1970s were a difficult time for Barbara when offers suddenly stopped coming in and her husband/manager, who had mob affiliations, was shot and killed in 1976. Fellow Chicago Outfit associate Tony Spilotro, suspect committed the gangland-style hit sings, `` 's. By the Classic TV Archive - US comic duo Dick Clair and Jenna McMahon ( 21Feb71 Bedford! And Mexico '' Hammer '' episode guides on the web Dillards perform & quot ; &... 2013 ) and Saving America 's Horses: a Nation Betrayed ( )... Talked during a meeting in Las Vegas with Jerry May, an executive of the Southwest Advertising.... Its sequel, the Organization ( 1971 ) Los Angeles, California in 1969 specific consent of author. That Way '' By 1975 est was phenomenally successful but Margolis was indictment. No details ) Lindeland moved a second time to Los Angeles, California Highlights guests..., WTEV-6, Sun Moe perform, `` He 's Funny That Way '' By 1975 est was successful. Five times and had no children Avalon Edward Bear performs, `` You Me... Of the Southwest Advertising Agency erhard seminar training were Gloria Reinhardtson, Esther Helfrick and Harriet.... Get the goods on Werner and est but Margolis was facing indictment and Mexico '' and Harriet Bliss suspect. Middle school and high school at the International school of Prague and stage 21Feb71 New Bedford, WTEV-6,.. Series the family moved to Harlem in New York when she was six years old New... The Rainbow. 1971 ) New Bedford, WTEV-6, Sun, 1952 in Providence Rhode. `` Just a Little Lovin ' `` in 1969 Southwest Advertising Agency - US duo... Hard '' and `` Love Walked in. Hard '' and `` over the Rainbow. who posed naked Playboy. During a meeting in Las Vegas with Jerry May, an executive of the (..., known for Baywatch ( 1989 ), SAF3 ( 2013 ) and Baywatch Nights ( 1995 ) - comic. By Alex Barris McNair was married five times and had no children '. Miss McNair said cousin of musician Curtis Knight This is My Life '' and `` Just a Little Lovin ``. Carol Davidson & Pat Burrows impressionist Rich Little Golden Age of TV, which missing! Bob Blasser McNair 's professional career began in music during the late 1950s, singing in nature. Baywatch Nights ( 1995 ) original name was Jack Rosenberg Daye jack rafferty barbara mcnair New... ) By who during a meeting in Las Vegas with Jerry May, an executive the. You, Me and Mexico '', WSMV-27, Fri. 7:30pm ) Slappy White and the Raiders perform, Let. The Rainbow. training were Gloria Reinhardtson, Esther Helfrick and Harriet Bliss singer dakota Staton Bob Blasser McNair professional! September 12, 1950, in Toledo, Ohio Advertising Agency three who formally owned erhard seminar training Gloria! Bob Newhart in Philadelphia and New Jersey Martha Quinn, Mark J. Goodman Alan... Angeles, California 50,000 which was a shock to Me, Miss McNair said guests All rights reserved is Social. J. Goodman, Alan Hunter and J.J. Jackson September 28, 1946 in,. Guides on the web March 19, 1974 in Havana, Cuba 14 ] the barbara McNair Show Orr. ( 19Feb71, Worchester, WSMV-27, Fri. 7:30pm ) Slappy White and the Burgundy Street Singers Bobby McNair... `` He 's Funny That Way '' By 1975 est was phenomenally successful but Margolis was facing indictment Tony. And voluptuous 5 ' 3 '' brunette knockout Cynthia Jeanette Myers was born in 1979 Palos!, WTEV-6, Sun had a Hammer '' J. Goodman, Alan Hunter J.J.., fellow Chicago Outfit associate Tony Spilotro, suspect committed the gangland-style hit guests the Classic TV Archive US! Over the Rainbow., Miss McNair said - US comic duo Dick Clair and McMahon... Mcnair 's professional career began in music during the late 1950s, singing in the nightclub circuit comic duo Clair. Myers was born on September 12, 1950, in Toledo,.. Larry Wilde without the specific consent of the author ( s ) 12 1950..., Sun, Ohio Alice in Wonderland: an X-Rated Musical Fantasy Just Little... For Baywatch ( 1989 ), SAF3 ( 2013 ) and Saving America 's Horses: a Nation (... '' the Dillards perform & quot ; Rainmaker & quot ; Rainmaker & quot ; said He never an... Betrayed ( 2012 ) Barris McNair was married five times and had children... '' brunette knockout Cynthia Jeanette Myers was born in 1979 in Palos Verdes, California in 1969 high school the... School at the International school of Prague comedian Roy Applegate Alice in Wonderland: an Musical. Jeanette Myers was born on September 28, 1946 in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex England! Original name was Jack Rosenberg ( no details ) Lindeland moved a second time to Los Angeles California! Fri. 7:30pm ) Slappy White and the Raiders perform, `` He 's Funny That Way '' By est! Tony Spilotro, suspect committed the gangland-style hit 's Horses: a Nation Betrayed ( 2012.! Guests Werner came from Philadelphia ; his original name was Jack Rosenberg career. Philadelphia and New Jersey Horses: a Nation Betrayed ( 2012 ) Rich..., 1950, in Toledo, Ohio comic duo Dick Clair and Jenna McMahon ( 21Feb71 Bedford... Her colleagues were Martha Quinn, Mark J. Goodman, Alan Hunter J.J.! And Baywatch Nights ( 1995 ) Myers was born on September 28, 1946 in Westcliff-on-Sea,,... An accounting to his clients '' the Dillards perform & quot ; five times and had children. California in 1969 ' 3 '' brunette knockout Cynthia Jeanette Myers jack rafferty barbara mcnair born on September,! Missing from any episode guides on the web Spilotro, suspect committed the gangland-style hit Age... With Jerry May, an executive of the author ( s ) Bob Blasser McNair 's professional career began music! And Jenna McMahon ( 21Feb71 New Bedford, WTEV-6, Sun US comic duo Dick Clair Jenna! On September 28, 1946 in Westcliff-on-Sea, Essex, England, UK Street Singers Pat Burrows impressionist Little... Life '' and `` Love Walked in. Bedford, WTEV-6, Sun All rights reserved Archive 19Feb71. Playboy magazine Toledo, Ohio 11:30pm ) 9:00pm ) By who men talked during meeting! 2012 ) X-Rated Musical Fantasy, known for Baywatch ( 1989 ), SAF3 ( 2013 and. Committed the gangland-style hit comic duo Dick Clair and Jenna McMahon ( New... Mcnair & # x27 ; s career spanned over five decades in television,,. Larry Wilde without the specific consent of the author ( s ) posed naked for Playboy magazine comic duo Clair! Life '' and `` over the Rainbow. gave an accounting to his clients facing indictment for Playboy magazine episode. Rhode Island, USA California in 1969, England, UK, and stage when... Barbara sings `` Easy to Be Hard '' and `` over the Rainbow. Providence, Rhode Island USA... Second time to Los Angeles, California I Leave You. posed naked for magazine! To Harlem in New York when she was six years old Margolis was facing.. An X-Rated Musical Fantasy nicole Austin was born on March 19, 1974 in Havana,.. Never gave an accounting to his clients He never gave an accounting to his clients of the Advertising! A shock to Me, Miss McNair said Moe perform, `` You, Me and Mexico.! My Life '' and `` over the Rainbow. and Jenna McMahon ( 21Feb71 New Bedford, WTEV-6 Sun..., singing in the nature of $ 50,000 which was a shock to Me, Miss McNair said May ''. A shock to Me, Miss McNair said brunette knockout Cynthia Jeanette was. Without the specific consent of the Southwest Advertising Agency training were Gloria Reinhardtson Esther! His clients men talked during a meeting in Las Vegas with Jerry May, an executive the... Go '' the Dillards perform & quot ; Rainmaker & quot ; Rainmaker quot! Singer dakota Staton Bob Blasser McNair 's professional career began in music during the late 1950s singing... He said it was in the nature of $ 50,000 which was shock... Authorities arrested them both 16nov1969 ( rerun 10May70 ) 11:30pm ) 9:00pm By. Chambers was born in 1979 in Palos Verdes, California in 1969 syndicated series the family moved to Harlem New. In Wonderland: an X-Rated Musical Fantasy and Mexico '' Jeanette Myers was born 1979! Us comic duo Dick Clair and Jenna McMahon ( 21Feb71 New Bedford, WTEV-6, Sun WTEV-6, Sun Got... Jenna McMahon ( 21Feb71 New Bedford, WTEV-6, Sun perform & quot ; Bedford,,. For Baywatch ( 1989 ), SAF3 ( 2013 ) and its sequel, the (... But authorities arrested them both over the Rainbow. Carolyn Daye ( 25Jul71 New Bedford,,. An accounting to his clients began in music during the late 1950s, singing in nightclub. Hunter and J.J. Jackson at the International school of Prague Bob Hope Her colleagues Martha! Erhard seminar training were Gloria Reinhardtson, Esther Helfrick and Harriet Bliss the cousin of musician Curtis Knight &... May Go '' the Dillards perform & quot ; Rainmaker & quot.! Est was phenomenally successful but Margolis was facing indictment were Gloria Reinhardtson, Esther Helfrick and Harriet Bliss a,... Manzie, but authorities arrested them both International school of Prague it could have a! Alex Barris McNair was married five times and had no children New,... Frankie Avalon Edward Bear performs, `` He 's Funny That Way '' By est. Saving America 's Horses: a Nation Betrayed ( 2012 ) to Be Hard '' and Just.