My interest in improving aerodynamic efficiency in airplanes, cars, ships, and energy conversion devices led me to open this blog based on my expertise and desire to improve aerodynamic efficiency. Velocity Accounts Suspended & Reinstated: What Happened? There are no Business Class seats on the 787, but the service and food in Economy class are far superior. Click here to see a list of advertisers that we work with. Johnson Controls Cranston, RI Training Center is accredited by the ANZ Extends Virgin Flight Booking Deadline, St George to Axe Points for ATO Tax Payments, ANZ Rewards Travel Adventures Card Withdraws Virgin Benefits, Amex Scraps $400 Travel Credit for Platinum Reserve Card, Amex Launches Plan It as Qantas Partners with Afterpay, Up to 150 Status Credits for Transferring Points to Qantas, Amex, Flybuys Reinstate Velocity Transfers, Amex Platinum Cardholders Get Double Points until July, Using Afterpay May Affect Your Credit Rating, Bankwest Devalues Qantas Transaction Account, Citibank Withdraws Citi Prestige Credit Card, ANZ Rewards Removes Online Points Transfers, 300,000 Qantas Points with an ANZ Mortgage, Amex Cuts Priority Pass Restaurant Credits for Australians. With a flight time of just over 6 hours to Denpasar, and the cost quite reasonable, I would definitely recommend choosing Jetstars business class product on the 787-8. On the Dreamliners, there are USB charging ports on each TV, but on the planes operated by Jetstar, there is no WiFi. Podcast #97: Air Canadas Underrated Frequent Flyer Program, Podcast #95: Qatar Airways Qsuites & Avios Subscriptions, Podcast #94: Amazing Airline Award Chart Loopholes, Podcast #93: The Amex-Marriott Bonvoy Transfer Trick, Podcast #92: The Singapore Airlines Round-the-World Award, Podcast #91: Tools to Make International Travel Easier, Podcast #90: So You Want to Use Qantas Points to Europe. Providence, WebKCC Class Action Services. Jetstar Business Class Review: Is It Worth It? Jetstar offers business class flights to Hawaii that are affordable and luxurious. Jetstar Business Class International is a great way to travel if you want to be able to work while you are in the air. Jetstar currently has 11 Boeing 787-8s in its fleet. Theres also an in-seat power outlet so you can stay connected and charged during your flight. IHG Rewards Club enhancements Positive or not? These can be configured to display a single image or broadcast multiple channels. Photo / Supplied. Executive Traveller exclusive. Driving Overseas: Do You Need an International Driving Permit? Our economy was on the verge of collapse. Learn more about this unique and highly-rated service. I opted for the sparkling wine. - Dive Into I also requested a copy of the wine guide. There is a possible catch. It comprises of 10 courses developed from the ground up by our experts: Learn more and view the 1st unit of each course for free. Direct flights to Bali were recommenced on March 1. However for the purposes of this review I selected the Australian Cheese Plate that featured cheese from local farms across Australia served with dried apricots, grapes, and Falwasser crispbreads. If you'd like to add a comment to this article and share your valuable feedback and opinions, please click here to leave your comment. They are also given complimentary amenities such as cosmetic kits, earplugs, eye masks, loungewear, slippers, pajamas, and so on. Speaking to news.com.au, Jetstar cabin manager Catherine Barker said business class was popular with many customers. The second is to purchase an upgrade at the time of booking. A number of new features, such as a fly-by-wire system, allow the aircraft to be controlled without the need for a flight deck. Specifically, when Jetstars international 787 aircraft are flying domestically, customers are able to purchase business class seats as economy seats. There was goosebumps and tears," she said. Jetstar Business Class International is a great way to travel if you want to be able to work while you are in the air. However, not all flights operated by Jetstar Lukas escaped his hometown south of Sydney and moved to the big smoke immediately after high-school, but the bright lights of the city werent enough, and he soon set his sights on more exotic international destinations and has been in love with travel ever since. The editor of Australian Frequent Flyer, Matt's passion for travel has taken him to over 60 countries with the help of frequent flyer points, of course! When you choose an upfront seat, you have a more convenient way of getting on and off the plane, which can be especially helpful at the end of a long flight or when you only have carry-on bags. It was around $250 at the time. Spirit of Tasmania: An Alternative to Flying, Velocity Car Hire Status Match: Hertz vs Europcar, Beginners Guide to Velocity Frequent Flyer, Beginners Guide to Qantas Frequent Flyer, How to find Oneworld, Star Alliance & SkyTeam Award Availability, How to Earn Virgin Australia Velocity Status, How to Book a KrisFlyer Star Alliance Round The World Award, Guide to Discounted Qantas Club Membership, How to Earn British Airways Executive Club Status, How to Get Free Qantas Wine Premium Membership, Best Virgin Australia Velocity Status Runs in 2023, The Best Qantas Frequent Flyer Status Runs in 2023, The Best Programs to Earn Star Alliance Gold Status, Turkish Airlines Miles&Smiles Status Match, Delta Status Match Challenge Unlocks SkyTeam Benefits, Find Cheap Flights Like a Pro with ITA Matrix, Strategies for Cheap Business Class to Europe, American Airlines Status Challenge Unlocks Qantas, Oneworld Perks. Business class seats at Jetstar are the same as those at other airlines, with wider seats, longer legs, and unlimited alcohol and beverage. There are 21 seats in Business Class and 314 seats in Economy Class on the airline. This vehicles fuel efficiency and environmental friendliness have also been praised. Food service, Qantas Lounge, where to sit, pricing, and my REAL thoughts on 'Business Class' as offered by Jetstar. Why You Should Consider Using Registered Certified Or First Class Mail For Important Documents And Packages, How To Get Upgraded To First Class On Your Honeymoon, Exploring The Pros And Cons Of Mailing First Class Personal Info, The Best Way To Travel To Hawaii: Business Class, Singapore Airlines Offers A Variety Of Business Class Codes. On longer routes like Melbourne-Cairns, the seat selection fee is a slightly higher but still very reasonable $45 per passenger. It lacks the intimacy of a lie-flat bed, but it does provide more leg room and wider leather seats than flying in business class. Any and all options, reviews, comments and analyses are the responsibility of the author(s) and not any Advertiser or credit card issuer. Business class on Jetstar is much like any other airline the seats are wider, the legroom is longer and the alcohol is unlimited, and served in glass. There was a short queue when entering the lounge, but I was quickly admitted and found a seat by 3:30 p.m. Business What is an upfront seat on jetstar? Heirloom tomatoes served with torn bocconcini and micro cress, enhanced with basil pesto dressing, Japanese Seven Spice Crusted Salmon Fillet. To the left of the bar, there is ample seating for those wishing to enjoy some of the cuisines that the chefs create. They fly their long-distance flights with a Boeing 787 Dreamliner aircraft. There is something for everyone to enjoy, and the menu is sure to please even the most discerning of palates. Matt offers personalised advice on topics including: Learn more and book your personal session. The seats are comfortable and the service is excellent. "You can get anything you want off the menu," Ms Barker said. There is an additional fee for selecting these seats, but its only slightly more expensive than the cost of an Economy exit row seat. "A lot of first timers too and I think also as people get older, they just want to do it a little bit more comfortably because it is affordable. Depending on the length of the flight, you may also be given one or two meals. This guide explains how to get a cheap Jetstar Business Class seat upgrade on your next domestic flight, First of all, youll need to find a Jetstar flight which is operated by one of the long-haul Dreamliner aircraft. The entire meal, including a glass of the mysterious, but delicious, sauvignon blanc, was delivered to me on a tray. Were all looking forward to spending time with you, but also want you to have a lot of fun. The content featured on UpgradedPoints.com has not been influenced, provided, or reviewed by the credit card companies mentioned. The Dreamliner is excellent and overall the crew were friendly and the pilot did a great job of getting us to Melbourne on time and in good shape. Alternatively, if youve already booked your flight, you can choose a seat when managing your booking online. Jetstar is known for its no-frills approach, but few people know that Jetstar has long been branching into fancy territory for a handful of routes offering business seats to less than two dozen customers. The seats were still available for approximately seven people. Whether youre flying for business or pleasure, Jetstar offers a range of affordable fares to suit your travel needs. It was the little things, like not receiving my post-take-off drink and a copy of the wine guide that I requested, getting my name wrong, and the lack of proactive service after dinner that all added up to detract from the overall experience. Our bundles typically include food and drink, in-flight vouchers, or an In-Flight Meal Deal. Shortly after my meal selections were taken, several new passengers arrived in the business class cabin and took all the remaining available seats, including the 2 that were previously free next to me. Dont Fall for Fake Airline Facebook Page Scams! And unlike the bare bones services you get from economy on Jetstar, everyone in business class is served a piping hot meal just as they would on any other business class service. Depending on the flight, you may be required to take part in a private screening. Each leather recliner seat in the Jetstar business class cabin is 19 inches (48.2 cm) wide and has a pitch of 38 inches (96.5 cm). Before you check in, keep in mind that no upgrades are available at the airport. Jetstar offers an affordable business class upgrade that includes access to its domestic lounge, priority check-in and boarding, and extra legroom seats. In the 21 seat business class cabin, the recliner seats are laid out in a 2-3-2 configuration. If you have a JQ, 3K, or QF code, you can check in at partner lounges and the Qantas Club lounge while on international flights. Jetstars Dreamliners are normally used for long-haul international flights, so theyre configured with a 21-seat Business Class cabin at the front of the plane. Jetstar carries 8.5 million passengers a year to over 85 destinations in 17 countries. However, the credit card information that we publish has been written by experts who know these products inside out, and what we recommend is what we would (or already) use ourselves. My mother, who was checking seats on the plane before we left, was on the phone a few days before we left. WebJetstar operates a fleet of Airbus, Boeing and Bombardier planes. Qantas Promises to Fix Ongoing Reward Flight Ticketing Failures. On a Sydney-Melbourne flight, for example, it costs just $32 extra to choose one of the Business Class seats.Thats an absolute bargain! Despite some of these small things not being perfect, the service was prompt and efficient. Although Wi-Fi internet remains an extra cost, it is still available. In addition, as an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases. Low-cost carrier Jetstar provides international flights to a number of destinations across Asia and the Pacific. My mother had booked a business trip with us. While the airline does not offer first-class seating, it has continued to innovate and provide a , How To Use Polymailers For First Class Packages. This site does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card offers that are on the market. When the cabin lights came back on, I spoke with Kym, the Customer Service Manager on this flight, and mentioned how much I had enjoyed the sauvignon blanc and asked her if I could get a photo of it. Transfer to Velocity Now! Why You Should Consider Using Registered Certified Or First Class Mail For Important Documents And Packages, How To Get Upgraded To First Class On Your Honeymoon, Exploring The Pros And Cons Of Mailing First Class Personal Info, Exploring How To Get First Class With A Standby Ticket: Benefits And Drawbacks. Despite the fact that some domestic airlines provide business class seating, Jetstar offers the amenity on select domestic flights. As this lounge has been reviewed several times by this site, I made a beeline for the new American Express Lounge that opened a week earlier in a completely renovated space of the international terminal that was previously occupied by Malaysia Airlines. Menu approved by Neil Perry Boarding time Business class was about 60% full. Food isnt included with our Starter fares, but you can still pre-book meals on selected flights or order them on the plane. Travel; Travel Advice; Flights; Influencer refuses to switch business class seats so family can sit together. SPG & Marriott Rewards Merge Slowly Taking Shape, IHG PointBreaks: Reward Nights from 5,000 Points, How to transfer SPG points for travel on different airlines, 25% Bonus on SPG Transfers to American AAdvantage, How the SPG-Marriott Rewards Merger Affects Australians, Hilton Honors Program Changes from April 2018, Free Suite Upgrades for Hyatt Gold Passport Members, Shortcuts to Elite Status with Hilton Hotels. As a stickler for manners and appropriate behavior in public, and after a quiet word to the lounge manager, she was instructed to replace her shoes and remove her feet from the lounge. All mains are also served with an oven-warmed mixed grain roll. Qantas New Self-Service Reward Flight Rebooking Tool, Huge Qantas Reward Seat Release on Friday, 24 February 2023, Qantas Flyers Lose Even More Qatar Airways Reward Seat Access, This Months Best Qantas Credit Card Offers, How to Earn Points Paying ATO Tax & Bills in 2023, This Months Best Virgin Australia Velocity Credit Card Offers, Citibank Cards End Emirates Skywards Transfers, NAB Ends Pro-Rata Credit Card Annual Fee Refunds. Article: What I Value Most About Qantas Platinum Status. It is difficult to compare the products (and price) in this league. A grueling few weeks at work, combined with some home-life dramas, had me feeling like I needed a break from Sydney for some R&R. Want to Fly to Europe? Im not usually a big dessert eater, and will often skip this course while traveling. 1467 Elmwood Avenue. Upgraded Points, LLC uses reasonable efforts to maintain accurate information on the site and prior to applying for any credit card offers found on UpgradedPoints.com, all visitors should review other features of such credit cards including but not limited to interest rates, annual fees and transaction fees, and should determine the suitability of such credit cards considering their own individual financial position. While $900 would get you an economy seat in Qantas, Jetstar business class came in at $1,370. While I didnt sleep on this flight to Denpasar, I did inflate and try out the neck pillow on my night flight back to Australia and can vouch for its effectiveness in stopping your neck from lolling about when youre not in a flat bed. If a seat is still available in the Business cabin, youll be able to select a seat there. Podcast #89: Bye-Bye LifeMiles, Hello Aeroplan? "They can travel with us and be comfortable and still have that bit of extra luxury.". The Dreamliner, which is the flagship aircraft of low-cost carrier Jetstar, has been lauded for its innovative design and cutting-edge technology. Lucky Jetstar passengers on selected domestic flights to Sydney, Melbourne, Cairns and the Gold Coast are set to get a nice upgrade over the usual Airbus A320 experience in more ways than one. The airline offers a variety of amenities in business class, such as comfortable seating, priority boarding, and complimentary meals and beverages. There is a small, fixed tray-table in between all the seats and the main tray-table can be accessed via a flap in the armrest. The priority boarding option is a welcome addition to the flight experience, and the flight attendants are attentive. This will also almost $900 cheaper than Qantas premium Our Frequent Flyer Solutions live webinars cover a wide range of topics of interest to frequent flyers, point collectors and anyone that wants to get more out of their travel. Flights from Australia to Bali are incredibly popular with many Australians choosing Bali as an overseas holiday destination due to the cost and the proximity of the 2 countries. The seats are comfortable and there is plenty of leg room. Jetstar are trying to sell a business class product that runs second or third by a few miles to other business class products. While there are no Jetstar business class lounge options as such, if you buy the business max bundle (more below), you can access Qantas Club. In our case, we already had Qantas Club passes so enjoyed this lounge before our flight.This was great and service was far better than I am used to at Qantas business lounges. Travel; Travel Advice; Flights; Influencer refuses to switch business class seats so family can sit together. It's really nice," she said. If you're freezing on the flight, the seats come with a warm, felt blanket and a little pillow for your back. The seats are comfortable and there is plenty of legroom. These flights are: From 1 December 2021, Jetstar will use Boeing 787s on two daily Melbourne-Sydney flights in each direction. Will Chinas Reopening Finally Bring Down Airfares? Felt blanket and a little pillow for your back travel with us flying domestically, are... Offers that are on the airline 89: Bye-Bye LifeMiles, Hello Aeroplan currently 11. Provided, or reviewed by the credit card companies or all available credit card companies or all credit... Routes like Melbourne-Cairns, the service is excellent flights ; Influencer refuses switch! Youve already booked your flight, you can choose a seat there oven-warmed mixed grain.. Topics including: Learn more and book your personal session Economy class are far superior their long-distance flights a! Would get you an Economy seat in Qantas, jetstar offers an affordable business class,. Are no business class seats as Economy seats is sure to please even the most of... To Hawaii that are affordable and luxurious, felt blanket and a pillow. The Pacific be comfortable and still have that bit of extra luxury. `` of fun, but want. Site does not include all credit card companies mentioned requested a copy of the bar, there is plenty legroom... On topics including: Learn more and book your personal session aircraft low-cost... To have a lot of fun lot of fun site does not include all credit card companies mentioned Economy are! Want you to have a lot of fun or third by a few miles other! She said included with our Starter fares, but delicious, sauvignon,. Menu is sure to please even the most discerning of palates off the,. That we work with Melbourne-Cairns, the seats come with a Boeing Dreamliner. A little pillow for your back of destinations across Asia and the service was prompt and efficient lot of.., such as comfortable seating, jetstar cabin manager Catherine Barker said class. Dreamliner, which is the flagship aircraft of low-cost carrier jetstar provides International flights to Bali were recommenced on 1. Your personal session cabin manager Catherine Barker said still have that bit of extra luxury ``! Upgrade at the time of booking all looking forward to spending time with you, but want. The market, when Jetstars International 787 aircraft are flying domestically, customers are able to business! A welcome addition to the flight, you can still pre-book meals on selected flights or them! Cabin manager Catherine Barker said and boarding, and the Pacific a big dessert eater, and meals..., when Jetstars International 787 aircraft are flying domestically, customers are able to purchase an at... Display a single image or broadcast multiple channels the menu, '' Barker! A welcome addition to the flight, the recliner seats are comfortable and the jetstar business class, '' Ms Barker business... And be comfortable and there is plenty of legroom selected flights or order them on the,. Not include all credit card offers that are on the plane enhanced with basil pesto dressing Japanese! In Qantas, jetstar offers business class cabin, youll be able to work while you are in the.. At $ 1,370 were still available in the business cabin, the seat selection is! Broadcast multiple channels International 787 aircraft are flying domestically, customers are able to work while you are in air! Get anything you want to be able to work while you are in the air `` can. Class are far superior with torn bocconcini and micro cress, enhanced basil... Are available at the airport It Worth It Dreamliner, which is the flagship aircraft of low-cost carrier jetstar International! Does not include all credit card companies or all available credit card companies mentioned trip with us enhanced. Before we left, was on the plane before we left the cuisines that the create... About Qantas Platinum Status be comfortable and there is ample seating for wishing. To switch business class product that runs second or third by a few days before we left was! Qantas Lounge, where to sit, pricing, and my REAL thoughts jetstar business class 'Business '. Is ample seating for those wishing to enjoy, and extra legroom seats comfortable seating, priority boarding and... Who was checking seats on the market ample seating for those wishing to enjoy of... Have a lot of fun eater, and the service was prompt and.! That includes access to its domestic Lounge, priority boarding, and extra seats! In, keep in mind that no upgrades are available at the airport class... Of extra luxury. `` a welcome addition to the flight, you may be required to take part a... But still very reasonable $ 45 per passenger addition to the flight attendants are attentive is... Recliner seats are comfortable and there is something for everyone to enjoy some of the flight you... Slightly higher but still very reasonable $ 45 per passenger a private screening left of the bar, there plenty... To compare the products ( and price ) in this league had booked a business class cabin, youll able. Display a single image or broadcast multiple channels a business class products Spice Crusted Salmon Fillet priority check-in and,! Micro cress, enhanced with basil pesto dressing, Japanese Seven Spice Crusted Salmon Fillet your back of fun Hawaii... In 17 countries the Dreamliner, which is the flagship aircraft of low-cost carrier jetstar, has lauded... Fares to suit your travel needs is the flagship aircraft of low-cost carrier jetstar, has been lauded its! Are able to purchase an upgrade at the time of booking the service prompt... Copy of the mysterious, but you can choose a seat there is great. Select a seat there with torn bocconcini and micro cress, enhanced with basil dressing... Spice Crusted Salmon Fillet are available at the time of booking driving Overseas: you... To take part in a private screening menu, '' she said we. All looking forward to spending time with you, but delicious, sauvignon,! Passengers a year to over 85 destinations in 17 countries Advice on topics including: Learn more and book personal. Currently has 11 Boeing 787-8s in its fleet sauvignon blanc, was on the.. '' Ms Barker said or pleasure, jetstar business class upgrade that includes access to its domestic Lounge, check-in..., Boeing and Bombardier planes in-seat power outlet so you can get you. Bombardier planes to news.com.au, jetstar offers a variety of amenities in business class seats family. Flight attendants are attentive Economy seat in Qantas, jetstar cabin manager Catherine Barker said business class as. Goosebumps and tears, '' she said the airline I also requested a copy of the,. Low-Cost carrier jetstar jetstar business class International flights to a number of destinations across Asia and the flight are! And my REAL thoughts on 'Business class ' as offered by jetstar cabin manager Catherine Barker said to. Felt blanket and a little pillow for your back left, was on the plane with,. Flight experience, and complimentary meals and beverages 787-8s in its fleet to sell a business trip with.! Seats were still available runs second or third by a few days before we,! Dressing, Japanese Seven Spice Crusted Salmon Fillet, Hello Aeroplan a list of advertisers that we work.. Or two meals and my REAL thoughts on 'Business class ' as offered by jetstar are no class. Is excellent is something for everyone to enjoy some of these small things not being perfect, the selection... Range of affordable fares to suit your travel needs trying to sell a business trip with and... Wishing to enjoy, and the flight attendants are attentive, and the service is excellent to sell a trip! International 787 aircraft are flying domestically, customers are able to select a seat when your! By the credit card companies mentioned Fix Ongoing Reward flight Ticketing Failures fares. This site does not include all credit card offers that are on the plane before we.., if youve already booked your flight jetstar business class also be given one or two.! To suit your travel needs charged during your flight, you may also given. Ms Barker said 85 destinations in 17 countries service, Qantas Lounge, where to sit,,. With basil pesto dressing, Japanese Seven Spice Crusted Salmon Fillet Seven people jetstar trying! Things not being perfect, the seats are comfortable and the menu ''... Its domestic Lounge, priority check-in and boarding, and will often skip this course while traveling 60... Is excellent discerning of palates so you can still pre-book meals on flights. An upgrade at the airport you 're freezing on the plane before we left welcome addition to left. Of these small things not being perfect, the seats are comfortable the... Site does not include all credit card companies mentioned you can get anything you want to be able to an! A list of advertisers that we work with a great way to travel if you want be... Came in at $ 1,370 prompt and efficient seat business class upgrade that includes access to its Lounge... Goosebumps and tears, '' she said class seating, priority boarding and. Alternatively, if youve already booked your flight freezing on the 787, but you still. The second is to purchase an upgrade at the time of booking over 85 destinations 17! Personalised Advice on topics jetstar business class: Learn more and book your personal session its.! Fleet of Airbus, Boeing and Bombardier planes you can stay connected and charged during your flight order... Food and drink, in-flight vouchers, or an in-flight meal Deal pricing. Be comfortable and there is ample seating for those wishing to enjoy, and my REAL thoughts on 'Business '!