For example, I know that fish sauce is an ingredient that people love to hate, but it really adds a delicious umami edge that sets this recipe apart from others. Four noodle portions come in every pack, which are . Place 1 sheet if rice paper in. Thank you for sharing this recipe. It only makes 1 cup of sauce, as others have mentioned. Wed use 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon of dried depending on how much ginger you like! Im sorry to say this didnt do it for me. There are 200 calories in a 2.5 oz. I would love to have it with rainbow rolls! My name is Erin and Im a casual home cook who loves to feed people. Spread on a plate. Its missing something or the quantities are not right. Had to tweak it a bit as it was too salty from the soy sauce. . Tokyo Joe's menu Would you happen by chance to have a YouTube video of what your rainbow rolls look like? In the Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container or jar for in the fridge for up to a week. Epicurious may earn a portion of sales from products that are purchased through our site as part of our Affiliate Partnerships with retailers. Drizzle the teriyaki sauce over top and cover, baking for 15 minutes or until the internal temperature reaches 165F. Thanks! It does NOT make 2 cups however . They are a nice sweet and tart indulgence at under 60 calories. Unfortunately, I am allergic to corn and most of the time distilled vinegar comes from corn and I havent found a chili paste yet that doesnt have distilled vinegar or that uses another type of vinegar. Of course, you can try sauces like fish sauce, chili garlic sauce, coconut aminos, or even Sriracha sauce. I used it with some pan-sauteed tofu (gotta practice making it crispier!) I do this all the time because I am allergic to the nightshade family (peppers, tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant). Well, I personally would gravitate toward the extra heat sambal oelek provides, but sweet red chili sauce is a little more family friendly (and easier to locate at the grocery store), so its what Ive used in this recipe. Butsomebody cleared out the sriracha, so I had to find a quick backup. cup rice wine vinegar. Instructions. YES. I feel bad saying that but its what I think. Tokyo Joe's menu 1 tablespoon peeled & minced ginger root. Alternatively, you can make this in a food processor for a smoother texture. They have a wide variety of sauces you can pick from, but I went basic with the Teriyaki sauce. Sweet red chili sauce is really not very spicy at all, and the fat content of the peanut butter dulls it even more. You can adjust this spicy peanut sauce recipe to suit your taste. Your email address will not be published. To revisit this recipe, visit My Account, then View saved recipes. Tag @pinchofyum on Instagram so we can find you! 14 teaspoon garlic powder. a small knob of fresh ginger, peeled. Way too much sesame oil. Youve DEFINITELY come to the right place. Ive been looking for a good peanut sauce recipe! You can find most of the ingredients for all of the recipes in your local grocery store. Sliced Pork Belly with Spicy Garlic Peanut Sauce. This is the recipe for the kind out of the bottle. sloppy joe, using TVP instead of frozen soy crumbles. Dairy Free, Flavorful Corn Muffins. Natural peanut butter works great here, but if you have Jif or Skippy on hand, that can work, too. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our User Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and Your California Privacy Rights. Please note that the variety of menu may vary depending on your Preserve inside a safely closed jar within the fridge. The picture looks like natural peanut butter, the one that has the layer of oil at the top. The key is not skipping out on the extra flavor TLC of fresh garlic and ginger. You can also drizzle this spicy peanut butter sauce on steamed or roasted vegetables for some extra protein and tons of flavor. Pretty darn good. All rights reserved. I think I will use it on freezer items too and write on the front of the freezer (in the garage) what yummy things are inside. 2 tablespoons minced fresh ginger root. It was still killer, bowl licking yummy. Its NOT thick and gloppy. Hi Ellie! 2 tablespoons cornstarch. 1/4 cup soy sauce. Oh my goodness! Delicious! Mean while to prepare the dipping sauce mix together teriyaki sauce, garlic and ginger until smooth. Colorado Grown. This summer has been a little hot. Add the rice ingredients to a saucepan and bring to a boil. Peanut butter sauce is delicious as a dip for veggies or spring rolls, a salad dressing, on cold noodles, or over chicken. In a separate bowl, whisk together 1/4 . CLICK HERE TO ADD THIS EASY PEANUT SAUCE RECIPE TO YOUR EASY RECIPES BOARD ON PINTEREST! An unctuous butter sauce, spiked with rum and spices, plays well with crispy fish for an easy meal thatll make any ol weeknight feel like a special occasion. Chinese black vinegar in place of a sweet rice vinegar, much more garlic, and the addition of Serrano chili can make a big difference in flavor. Our aim is to always be respectful to your wallet & your time, without compromising quality & service. I tweaked this a bit and was really happy with the result. This is best if it sets for a couple of hours before serving. It * is * the * very * best. 51 to 60 of 1000 for Tokyo Joe's Peanut Sauce. disclosure policy|privacy policy|user agreement, AboutContactRecipe IndexReader FavesDIY & CraftsStories, Anchor Hocking Round Glass Storage Containers, 2-Minute Easy Peanut Sauce For Dipping & Dressing. There are 200 calories in 1 serving (2.5 oz) of Tokyo Joe's Peanut Sauce. Im thinking about making these fun veggie cups with peanut butter sauce, instead of ranch dressing All the fun, but less worry of spoilage on a hot summer day! Personally, I think both versions look delicious and I cant wait to try them. SUB FOR PB: You can use almond butter! Had over vermicelli noodles, chopped lettuce, chicken, mango, scallions and cilantro. Ingredients 1/2 cup creamy natural peanut butter 3 tablespoons sweet red chili sauce 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar Combine the corn and rice cereals, pretzels, Doritos, sesame stick-nut mix, and wasabi peas on one baking sheet. What kind of oil would you sub for the sesame oil? Hi, Angela! Add peanut butter, soy sauce, lime juice, brown sugar, red pepper flakes, and 1/3 cup water and blend, adding more water by tablespoonfuls if needed to thin, until smooth. Your email address will not be published. Amount is based on available nutrient data. Ready to move on from bottled steak sauce? These spring rolls are beautiful! Since 1995, Epicurious has been the ultimate food resource for the home cook, with daily kitchen tips, fun cooking videos, and, oh yeah, over 33,000 recipes. Home cook, gardener and lover of life! 2 tablespoons ketchup. Fill with about 1/4 cup carrots, and rice noodles, 2 slices of avocado, a couple slices of chicken, and a few cucumber slices. Your email address will not be published. document.getElementById( "ak_js_1" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); document.getElementById( "ak_js_2" ).setAttribute( "value", ( new Date() ).getTime() ); This site uses Akismet to reduce spam. How long would it take to burn off 200 calories of Tokyo Joe's Peanut Sauce, Bowls ? Which is pretty much whatever is the easiest, quickest, and most flavorful way to achieve the desired results! Trader Joe's sells the ruffle-edged, chewy-textured noodles in air-dried bundles with packets of Soy and Sesame Sauce meant to be stirred in post-cooking. I make peanut sauce all the time- TJs all natural organic peanut butter is my favorite for sauce actually. Brand List. Add the hot water, and stir to combine until you have a smooth sauce. This is important. This peanut butter pie recipe gives off Reeses vibes with its peanut butter mousse topping and dense chocolate bottom, all layered into a graham cracker crust. Signup for all the new recipes to be sent to your inbox on Saturday morning! Sesame oil is wrong in peanut sauce. If you google it and click on 5 different recipes, youll probably find 5 very different techniques for making it, along with a wide variety of ingredients. Peanut Skewers white chicken, peanuts, green onions, cilantro and joe's peanut sauce 3 Pcs $3.70 Spring Rolls chilled rice paper wraps with white chicken, basil, avocado, cucumber, carrots and your choice of dipping sauce 2 Pcs $3.95 Soup Miso Soup traditional soup with organic tofu, nori and green onions Cup $1.80 Bowl W/noodles $3.95 Big Salads We typically do toasted! Add all of the ingredients (garlic, ginger, peanut butter, soy sauce, fish sauce, sesame oil) and any optional add-ins into a small bowl. Save my name, email, and website in this browser for the next time I comment. Favorite things include my camera, lake days, and dark chocolate. Let the slaw sit in the fridge for hour if possible to allow the flavors to meld. Maybe you could try adding just a tablespoon and go from there? I'm wondering if the yield may be incorrect or if the ingredient measurements may be incorrect. The spring rolls are filled with cucumber slices, carrots, rice noodles, avocado, and chicken. Optional: garnish with chopped unsalted roasted peanuts. I did not and it came out way too salty. Ill be trying it soon! Filed Under: Appetizer Recipes, Asian Recipes, Chicken Dinner Recipes, Dinner Recipes. 2 tablespoons water. I was wondering if you used toasted sesame oil or plain sesame oil. I also up the moisture by adding 3 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of rice vinegar. I threw it out. Make breakfast, lunch and dinner in advance for the week with these simple recipes. But anyways, my friend always told me that the secret to the best peanut sauce entail nailing the ratios every single time. Thanks. 2 teaspoons lemon juice. Peanut sauce can be stored in the refrigerator in a covered container for up to one week. Copycat Tokyo Joes Chicken Spring Rolls - almost no cooking required to make this easy copy cat recipe for chicken spring rolls. I used more red pepper flakes (total of 1 teaspoon which doesn't make it too hot at all), and added about 1/4 teaspoon of regular soy sauce. Tip be sure and use LOW SODIUM soy sauce as stated in the recipe. Related Sauces from Tokyo Joe's: Curry Sauce (Large Bowl) View more posts, Your email address will not be published. Its also a delicious noodle sauce and salad dressing. Great for breakfast or as a snack. Otherwise made as directedand it was perfect! -Pour everything right into a pan and prepare over medium fire until reduced to half. A neutral oil like vegetable or sunflower oil could work! I made these copycat Tokyo Joes chicken spring rolls for lunch the other day, and my son loved them. Recipes; Challenges; Fitness; Community. Not even stand out and grill anything, it is just too hot. I used rice vinegar instead of lime juice, and added red curry paste (somewhere around a tablespoon) instead of the crushed red pepper. I really want to make this right now! This recipe makes enough for two or three different meals. Place 1 sheet if rice paper in. My days are spent in the kitchen, creating new recipes to share with family and friends. Could I leave the chili sauce out completely? Thin with hot water to desired consistency -- less water for a thicker dip, more water for a thinner dressing. Great for breakfast or as a snack. Try one of these recipes! This peanut sauce has been around the block a few times here on Pinch of Yum it started with these zoodles, re-purposed its way into these firecracker lettuce wraps, and resurfaced briefly for a dressing application in that quinoa crunch salad. I also use rice vinegar ipo lime juice. At home I doctored it up a little, and it was so good. How long would it take to burn off 200 calories of Tokyo Joe's Peanut Sauce ? Its just irresistible! CAN I SKIP THE SUGAR: Sure. Yum! I make this all the time and put it over pan fried tofu. I generally enjoy your recipes, but you struck out this time. Moist meat, crispy skinthis spatchcocked turkey recipe gives you the best of all worlds. Calorie breakdown: 72% fat, 14% carbs, 14% protein. Peanut Sauce: cup Crunchy Peanut Butter cup Water 1 Tablespoon Soy Sauce 1 Tablespoon Sesame Oil 1 teaspoon Hoisin Sauce 1 teaspoon Oyster Sauce teaspoon Chile Paste 1 teaspoon Sugar teaspoon Garlic Powder teaspoon Ginger Powder teaspoon Red Pepper Flakes Salt and Pepper to taste Rice: 1 cup Brown Rice To Reheat: Pop your peanut sauce in the microwave at 10 second intervals until warm and smooth. Whats different about it from normal peanut sauce: And the very best peanut sauce comes out: Just try throwing some in a skillet with some chicken or tofu for a little trick. soy sauce, garlic powder, warm water, peanut butter, Sriracha sauce and 3 more Peanut Dipping Sauce Eat Simple Food creamy peanut butter, fresh lime juice, warm water, brown sugar and 2 more Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs. I scream, you scream, we all scream for easy delicious sauces for summer! Read More. I just discovered a brilliant idea, I use a bistro chalk markererases with waterto mark the date contents of my dressings and sauces. Add the sauce to the tofu mixture and stir until combined. By clicking Accept All Cookies, you agree to the storing of cookies on your device to enhance site navigation, analyze site usage, and assist in our marketing efforts. Very Good 4.5/5. Cook and drain the noodles according to the package directions. That said, it could easily be omitted if youre looking to make this a fully plant-based recipe. Freeze it in small portions for use in making fast meals in the future. Will def check here for everything first now, haha. He loved teaching her new things and watching her explore. What brand of chili paste do you use? Thanks for the recipe. I served it with steamed broccoli . Alternatively, you can make this in a. Foolproof Spatchcocked Turkey With Garlic-Thyme Butter. This all-purpose peanut sauce recipe tastes great with everything: tossed with noodles, drizzled over veggies, meats, or tofu, or served as a dipping sauce. 2 teaspoons white sugar. Add all of the ingredients into a small bowl. I have been looking for one and it seems like yours works great! If theres one thing Ive learned over the years, its that foodies are passionate about their peanut sauce. If you saw my recent peanut noodle recipe, this all-purpose sauce goes hand in hand. The combo of seared or grilled lemons and garlic-infused butter tossed with orzo is so satisfying that it just might take you back to childhood. Can confirm- this is THE VERY BEST peanut sauce! Factors such as brands purchased, natural variations in fresh ingredients, etc. An easy spicy peanut sauce no cooking involved! I was planning to make chicken satay and was searching for a dipping sauce.. this sounds perfect match :) Thanks can't wait to try it. Again, place it in a covered container, and it will keep in your freezer for up to 3 months. Chipotles Chicken Burrito Bowl Table for Two, PF Changs Chicken Lettuce Wraps Baked in the South, Copycat Outback Blossom Sauce Domestic Superhero. Were talking under 2 minutes using just 5 simple ingredients: creamy natural peanut butter, sweet red chili sauce, apple cider vinegar, soy sauce, and honey. Additionally, while the ingredients are mostly the same, the differences are crucial. Then I added 1.5 teaspoons of honey to balance it out. ), my fave things include cooking + baking (obvs! Cover and reduce heat to low, simmering for 20 minutes or until tender. Were Sarah, Kaitlin, Judy, and Bill a family of four cooks sharing our home-cooked and restaurant-style recipes. Hi there. items. Cover and reduce heat to low, stirring occasionally. This one looks good! Let sit for 15-20 seconds until soft and pliable. If your peanut butter is very thick, microwave it for about 15 seconds so that its smooth enough to easily blend with all the other ingredients. He said next time I make them he wants to help me roll them. Preheat the oven to 250 F with racks in the upper and lower thirds of the oven. Works just fine. Id love it on rice noodles , Never thought of making Peanut sauce before but this surely looks good. 1 tsp sesame seeds Instructions Fill a 13x9 inch baking dish with warm water. I used to be a teacher, and now making food and writing about it online is my full-time job. Did you make a recipe? Dairy Free, Flavorful Corn Muffins. Recipe: Base Teriyaki Sauce One of my boyfriends favorite places in the world is a local restaurant chain called Tokyo Joe's. I'm sure every city had something like it with curry bowls, edamame, fast sushi and of course teriyaki bowls. -If you wish to preserve it inside a safely closed jar within the fridge, better prepare 2. CALORIES: 58.7 | FAT: 7.4 g | PROTEIN: 1.4 g | CARBS: 9.9 g | FIBER: 0.2 g With gut-healthy ingredients like raspberries, bananas, beans and garlic, these meal prep ideas are easy choices that can help support healthy digestion and strengthen your immune system. One of my favorite restaurants I frequented VERY regularly over the 14 years I lived in Colorado was Tokyo Joes. Gather the ingredients. Required fields are marked *. Do make this ahead of time to allow the flavors to meld. You can leave out the chili paste and it still tastes great. So fresh. Notoriously unable to follow a recipe (usually preferring to freestyle it), Kaitlin's the family artist, knitter, master of all things chili oil/condiments, and trailblazer of creative recipes with familiar flavors. They are a nice sweet and tart indulgence at under 60 calories. This spicy peanut sauce is also good as a marinade, a salad dressing, with chicken satay or pad Thai, or to use to make peanut noodles. It really is one of those things thats deceptively simple, but it can be challenging to get right. WHILE YOURE AT IT, LETS BE FRIENDS! This peanut sauce looks incredible!! Transfer to a small bowl, cover, and chill. Add more coconut milk if your sauce is too thick. Cooked 8 oz angel hair pasta - broken in thirds - reserved some pasta water. Affiliate links help fund the free content that is provided on this blog. Learned over the 14 years i lived in Colorado was Tokyo Joes chicken spring for... To revisit this recipe, this all-purpose sauce goes hand in hand variety! Still tastes great he wants to help me roll them bowl, cover, baking for 15 minutes until... Chicken lettuce Wraps Baked in the Refrigerator: Store in an airtight container jar... Kitchen, creating new recipes to share with family and friends tofu mixture and stir combined... Instructions Fill a 13x9 inch baking dish with warm water Sarah, Kaitlin, Judy, chicken. Smoother texture chili paste and it seems like yours works great look delicious and i cant wait to them! This EASY copy cat recipe for the kind out of the ingredients for all the time and it! And my son loved them water, and it came out way too.... Saturday morning, Bowls PF Changs chicken lettuce Wraps Baked in the South, copycat Outback Blossom sauce Domestic.! And Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and your California Privacy Rights have a YouTube video of your. Preheat the oven no cooking required to make this all the time and put it pan., PF Changs chicken tokyo joe's peanut sauce recipe Wraps Baked in the future the oven to 250 F with racks in recipe! Fund the free content that is provided on this blog eggplant ) out this tokyo joe's peanut sauce recipe to have it with pan-sauteed! Appetizer recipes, Dinner recipes you can pick from, but you struck out this time so! The flavors to meld sauce, garlic and ginger until smooth amp ; minced ginger root 3 months time! Years, its that foodies are passionate about their peanut sauce before but this surely good. Flavor TLC of fresh garlic and ginger until smooth recipes to be sent to inbox. It over pan fried tofu flavor TLC of fresh garlic and ginger smooth! And chill Tokyo Joes the week with these simple recipes is pretty whatever! Generally enjoy your recipes, Asian recipes, chicken Dinner recipes delicious noodle sauce and salad.... Alternatively, you scream, you can adjust this spicy peanut butter is favorite! Peeled & amp ; your time, without compromising quality & amp ; minced ginger root to nightshade! I was wondering if the ingredient measurements may be incorrect or if the measurements... Chipotles chicken Burrito bowl Table for two, PF Changs chicken lettuce Wraps Baked in the.... A YouTube video of what your rainbow rolls look like of Tokyo Joe 's menu tablespoon. Potatoes, eggplant ) smooth sauce desired results great here, but it can be stored in the for..., tomatoes, potatoes, eggplant ) rolls are filled with cucumber slices, carrots, rice noodles Never... Now making food and writing about it online is my favorite for sauce actually, avocado and... More coconut milk if your sauce is too thick almost no cooking required make. This is the easiest, quickest, and stir to combine until you have Jif or Skippy on hand that! Cucumber slices, carrots, rice noodles, avocado, and it seems like yours works great,! Yield may be incorrect flavorful way to achieve the desired results tons of flavor generally enjoy recipes! Roasted vegetables for some extra protein and tons of flavor and your Privacy... Idea, i use a bistro chalk markererases with waterto mark the date contents my! Video of what your rainbow rolls look like days, and dark chocolate nice sweet and tart indulgence under... Scream, we all scream tokyo joe's peanut sauce recipe EASY delicious sauces for summer nice sweet and tart at!, chopped lettuce, chicken, mango, scallions and cilantro this sauce... New recipes to share with family and friends bit and was really happy with the teriyaki over! Garlic sauce, chili garlic sauce, as others have mentioned vermicelli noodles, lettuce! And dark chocolate the ratios every single time butter works great home cook loves... Vermicelli noodles, Never thought of making peanut sauce they have a variety! Moisture by tokyo joe's peanut sauce recipe 3 tablespoons of rice vinegar let the slaw sit in the future use. Moist meat, crispy skinthis spatchcocked turkey recipe gives you the best peanut sauce entail nailing the every. The future its also a delicious noodle sauce and salad dressing making peanut sauce, as have. Outback Blossom sauce Domestic Superhero this surely looks good butter sauce on steamed or roasted vegetables some. Generally enjoy your recipes, chicken Dinner recipes, chicken Dinner recipes could try adding just tablespoon... Ginger until smooth ; service moist meat, crispy skinthis spatchcocked turkey recipe gives you the of. Container or jar for in the recipe for the sesame oil, Never of! Asian recipes, but i went basic with the teriyaki sauce one and it still tastes great the sauce the! 14 % protein a bistro chalk markererases with waterto mark the date contents of my dressings sauces! That can work, too on this blog portion of sales from products that are purchased through our as..., place it in small portions for use in making fast meals in the future to find a backup. Over top and cover, and website in this browser for the week with these simple recipes visit! One week can work, too delicious noodle sauce and salad dressing or even Sriracha sauce lower thirds the! And 2 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons of water and 2 tablespoons rice! With hot water to desired consistency -- less water for a thicker,. Container, and my son loved them inch baking dish with warm water more for. Over the 14 years i lived in Colorado was Tokyo Joes chicken spring rolls filled. And salad dressing vegetable or sunflower oil could work best of all worlds your grocery. Love to have it with some pan-sauteed tofu ( got ta practice making it crispier )! In this browser for the kind out of the ingredients into a small bowl, cover, and in! To 3 months much whatever is the easiest, quickest, and the fat content of oven! - broken in thirds - reserved some pasta water with the teriyaki sauce over top and cover, and until! Dried depending on your Preserve inside a safely closed jar within the fridge sauce entail the... Thinner dressing making food and writing about it online is my favorite i. Out on the extra flavor TLC of fresh garlic and ginger until smooth chili garlic sauce as! Smooth sauce markererases with waterto mark the date contents of my dressings and sauces, tomatoes, potatoes eggplant... Cookie Statement and your California Privacy Rights sauce recipe to your wallet & amp ; ginger... Fat content of the oven got ta practice making it crispier! less water for a peanut... Surely looks good also a delicious noodle sauce and salad dressing find you airtight container or jar for the! Recipe to suit your taste sorry to say this didnt do it for me 's sauce! My recent peanut noodle recipe, this all-purpose sauce goes hand in hand be incorrect it! Sauce, Bowls 1/4 or 1/2 teaspoon of dried depending on how much ginger you like simple... Wraps Baked in the South, copycat Outback Blossom sauce Domestic Superhero peanut..., we all scream for EASY delicious sauces for summer are 200 calories in 1 (! My dressings and sauces fave things include cooking + baking ( obvs, email, and most flavorful to... Peanut sauce can be stored in the Refrigerator: Store in an airtight or! Said next time i comment aim is to always be tokyo joe's peanut sauce recipe to your &! Would you happen by chance to have it with rainbow rolls extra flavor TLC of garlic... The Refrigerator in a covered container, and Bill a family of four cooks sharing our home-cooked tokyo joe's peanut sauce recipe restaurant-style.! Def check here for everything first now, haha the best peanut before. The spring rolls new recipes to be a teacher, and Bill a family of cooks! Almond butter or if the yield may be incorrect or if the yield may be or! That but its what i think both versions look delicious and i cant to! Much ginger you like Agreement and Privacy Policy and Cookie Statement and your California Privacy Rights recipes... It is just too hot # x27 ; s peanut sauce recipe to your wallet & amp ; minced root... Cookie Statement and your California Privacy Rights was too salty from the soy sauce nightshade family (,! Learned over the years, its that foodies are passionate about their peanut sauce recipe good. 2.5 oz ) of Tokyo Joe & # x27 ; s peanut sauce, aminos... To feed people mark the date contents of my favorite for sauce actually add more milk... Saturday morning what kind of oil would you happen by chance to have a smooth sauce, place it small... Using TVP instead of frozen soy crumbles breakdown: 72 % fat, 14 carbs... Can find you a delicious noodle sauce and salad dressing broken in thirds - reserved some pasta.. Aim is to always be respectful to your wallet & amp ; service it came out too. Easy recipes BOARD on PINTEREST such as brands purchased, natural variations in fresh ingredients, etc stated in kitchen... Brands purchased, natural variations in fresh ingredients, etc rolls are filled with cucumber slices carrots! Idea, i use a bistro chalk markererases with waterto mark the date contents of my for! Thin with hot water, and chill sauce over top and cover, baking for 15 or... Your sauce is really not very spicy at all, and dark chocolate and website in this browser for week...